Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Starting Fresh?

Hello! I currently have not played WoW since back in 2004 or 2005 when just the original game was released. I maxed then a lvl 60 Tauren Shaman.  I was just curious with the release of MoP and all the other expansions if the game was worth coming back to try? I figure I might just continue to play my Shaman or even possibly a new character from scratch at lvl 1.  Would I be to far behind? Is it worth coming back to if I did not play any of the other expansions?  I know this game has raids and PvP now.  I decided to quit I believe after the battleground arenas were implemented but has pvp changed much since?

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    I am guessing since you left very early on the game would be unrecognisable now from what it was then and given it looks like you levelled fast back then, it would be less than a breeze for you to level now by comparison. Download the trial, you can play up to L20 as much as you like and see what you get from that.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Brand new expansion, so your not behind on anything. The whole 1-60 experience is different now, wether you like it better or not is going to change from person to person. BC and WoTLK areas are really interesting to quest threw lore wise, Cata was horrible all around and MoP is looking pretty good so far! 

So I'd say give it a try, maybe get a a friend to Recruit a friend with and have at it! The battlechest is now $20 and comes with the classic game, burning crusde, and WotLK.

Edit: PvP is way different since BC came along, if your into more even/competive pvp you'll enjoy it more. World PvP has had a comeback since this expansion realised which is awesome! 

Also if you still want to use your current account let someone use a scroll of ressurection on you, you'll get a free 7 days of play time, and a free level 80 - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I just started just now and I made a troll druid and a panda shaman but no one else is around. Nobody but me. Am I in the wrong place where is everyone else ?