Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uzik Sings - Come at me Maybe

Mr_ZigMr_Zig Member UncommonPosts: 9

I feel this video deserves more attention, sums up darkfall quite nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtc9zUidGU&feature=youtu.be

(DF forums thread - http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=328301)

Comments

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Hadn't even thought about popping that up here.  Still good stuff.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Not bad. . it does point out the one attitude I don't get. . .I ganked a newb because I rock.

Learn to play (and maybe grind up skills to match mine). etc etc.

Funny enough though and assuming it was a parody.  I have found that most Darkfall players are not actually like that.. . . sure they will kill you but not so much with the taunting and you often get helped out as well right after they tear you apart :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

It was mainly a joke since the elitist PvP'rs constantly say things like "Come at me bro, 1v1 100k GSO", "L2p n00b", "get good baddie" etc.

I'd consider myself a solid 2nd tier PvP'r, but definitely not an elitist.  I generally rez anyone who I think is a newer player, unless I hate their guild.

Just got the idea for "Come at me maybe", and figure it'd work best with the DF footage I had : )

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

I thought it was awesome : )

Just the amount of humor DF players need!

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Not bad. . it does point out the one attitude I don't get. . .I ganked a newb because I rock.

Funny enough though and assuming it was a parody.  I have found that most Darkfall players are not actually like that.. . . sure they will kill you but not so much with the taunting and you often get helped out as well right after they tear you apart :)

you're taking it way too literaly and seriously

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    lmfao this is pretty epic, would be even more epic if the video didn't show you zerging people down, shoulda just sat there bindcamping someone with text showing up saying things lol see me 1v1 that scrub xD
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

This is more of an inside joke. You kind of have to know the DF community to understand the whole 'come at me bro' thing.

It's an attitude only a small portion of the DF playerbase has, the small elitist type groups and solo players. It's harmless really.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by raapnaap

It's an attitude only a small portion of the DF playerbase has, the small elitist type groups and solo players. It's harmless really.

I completely disagree on the "harmless" part.  The prevalance of veteran players to use higher gear and skills to relentlessly slaughter new players is part of why Darkfall : Unholy Wars needs to be a new game in the first place.  The "small elitist type" drove the majority of the playerbase out of Darkfall 1.0, often using overwhelming stats and gear to do so. 

You only need to watch this video with any knowledge of the game to realise these were all "no lose" fights and to also appreciate that many players glorified killing newer players and even years later continue to do so.  There is no honour, no negative consequences, and no real skill required either - all you needed was better gear and better stats, if you attacked first (especially if the newbie was half dead from a monster) you always won.  Yet they did, and still do, gloat about that as if it was a good thing to have driven Darkfall 1.0's population into the mud.

It's very simple.  Unless Darkfall : unholy Wars does something drastic, it will be a great game for about six to nine months, then the population will crash and the game will be over.  It did the last time round, and Aventurine has been omonously silent about what they plan to do about preventing griefing clans from simply destroying the playerbase one social clan at a time.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

There were many Darkfall players and indeed entire clans devoted overtly to driving people out of the game, and trying to destroy Darkfall as a game.  As they put it, the ultimate victory was to kill the game itself.  

They nearly succeeded with that for Darkfall 1.0, and I would be unsurpirsed to see them try again shortly.   What to do about such players is a serious challenge in any FFA PvP MMO, and while games like EVE Online have Highsec and Lowsec areas for players who are more squeamish about pvp, DF:UW appears likely to have no such option.  That means Aventurine could quickly begin to bleed subscribers if the usual suspects take up thier old ways, to the ultimate detriment of the game.  The "learn to play, get better, but I will repeatedly kill you anyway so you can't do either" mantra was widespread in Darkfall 1.0, and I expect it to reappear with a vengance in a couple months.  The key will be what the community does about it - either they will celebrate those who drive out players from the game (as they did in 1.0), or they will impose social consequences and shore up the playerbase, knowing full well that if greifers overrun the server again there will be a dearth of pvp to be had and the game population will collapse as it did in Df 1.0.