Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: A Living, Breathing, Dynamic World

2»

Comments

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358

Every big mmorpg has various teams... and anet has promised things before, and fell short big time. 

If their team released a patch that gave everyone a month of content tomorrow, than the total game would still only have 1 month and 3 days worth of content. 

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by AwDiddums

I'd have to say sack the Live response team, they certainly aren't doing their job, day in day out the same skill points are bugged (after being supposedly fixed).

I enjoy the game, and I'm looking forward to what they have in mind for the future, but come on Anet pull your finger out and get these bugs squashed.

Really? I was doing Sparkfly Fen map a few days ago that had quiet a few bugged sps and even a vista point. A day or two later they released a patch that fixed these same sps and vista thereby allowing me to complete the map. 

Then again, maybe it is simply the case of good timing :P.

With the game being of this scale, I'd still say the live response team are doing a good job.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'm not even close to completing the current content but am excited that the world will continue to expand and change. GW2 is the only game I have played that has fun wherever you go, no matter what your level is. The journey really is the best of the game.
  • ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by orbitxo
    Originally posted by Shaike
    is it bad to say i am in pandaland since its out and will not come back to GW2 till it has more content? i do not like grinding ...

really?..LOL.

So because you hate grinding you are playing WoW?

• TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    One vs one pvp????
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by saurus123
    is it bad to say i am in pandaland since its out and will not come back to GW2 till it has more content? i do not like grinding so i reached lvl80 and saw no alternative but to stop playing now and come back in a few months. Good thing is i dont have to pay again to play  it....

wait a second so you telling that WoW have more content and dont have the grind? :D

Since I hate both games I'll be the impartial judge.

WoW does definetly have more content than GW2, so do most MMOs that have been out a while. The longer you are out the more content you have. Also for those who like running more in depth quests/having lots of fun and interesting dungeons to run, GW2 is lacking.

As for the grind, yes WoW definetly has a grind, but so does GW2 and so does every other MMO out there. WoW has more than GW2 because it often requires you to run the same dungeon over and over for a bunch of random drops to complete a set. GW2 has you run many things over and over to grind up to buy the pieces you need.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    is it bad to say i am in pandaland since its out and will not come back to GW2 till it has more content? i do not like grinding so i reached lvl80 and saw no alternative but to stop playing now and come back in a few months. Good thing is i dont have to pay again to play  it....

wait a second so you telling that WoW have more content and dont have the grind? :D

WoW does definetly have more content than GW2, so do most MMOs that have been out a while. The longer you are out the more content you have. Also for those who like running more in depth quests/having lots of fun and interesting dungeons to run, GW2 is lacking.

As for the grind, yes WoW definetly has a grind, but so does GW2 and so does every other MMO out there. WoW has more than GW2 because it often requires you to run the same dungeon over and over for a bunch of random drops to complete a set. GW2 has you run many things over and over to grind up to buy the pieces you need.

Mostly agree except for:

Also for those who like running more in depth quests/having lots of fun and interesting dungeons to run, GW2 is lacking.

Some people prefer raids to smaller dungeon fights however I cannot honestly believe that anyone who has played both games cannot say that the quests in WoW have more depth than in GW2.  All of WoW is all kill 10 of this get 10 of that which is fine because the game is not about questing where as GW2 is all about story and events.

I also have to say that yes if you include all 3 expansions WoW has more content.  But there is more content in GW2 than in vanilla WoW so think about the future of GW2 in those terms.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Loading screens? What's your PC's age? 2003?

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• sbrite10sbrite10 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by tixylix
    GW2 doesn't have a world :z All instanced and zoned up with a shit ton of loasing screens.

It has a Huge world and its only instanced for your Personal Story and the Dungeons.No different than any other game.Load times for zones is only a few seconds.Not unrealistic for an MMO.

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Since you hate both games you will be the "Impartial Judge" ? Rofl troll.

Originally posted by Xiaoki

"Live Security Team: Chasing down botters, account hacks and spammers
    Live Response: Addresses balance issues, game bugs, customer feedback"

And they've done a bang up job so far.

Yeah, saying all this is great and all but at the end of the day its currently just all talk.

ArenaNet's response to current issues and introduction of new systems has been sub-par.

Pretty stupid of you to expect everything to be to your liking after only a month of release.Programming and bug hunting isnt an overnight endeavor.Love how people who havent the foggiest idea of what they are talking about can criticise a company thats doing a great job so far.If its not to your liking go play something else and then come back in a few montsh and see where its at.

Yeah I think thats what hes saying rofl.Gear Grind FTW. lol