Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 adds another NA server

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

SO much for the Doom Talk from the Xfire fringe.  Anet adds another NA server today "Caullie's Crossing" and we all know that a company adds servers to a dwindling population base right image

[mod note - reduced image size to fit curent forum]

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Sanctum of Rall still thriving every night i play so no complaints on population here.. guess loads are high if they added another server. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• XeoMatrix00XeoMatrix00 Member Posts: 39
    True bro completely agree, nice pic too most servers at high. :P
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

SO much for the Doom Talk from the Xfire fringe.  Anet adds another NA server today "Caullie's Crossing" and we all know that a company adds servers to a dwindling population base right image

Where are the other 2 new servers? If one is added, 2 more have to be added for WvWvW

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Sanctum of Rall still thriving every night i play so no complaints on population here.. guess loads are high if they added another server. 

I'm also on SoR, my only complaint really is the long queues for WvW, last night I waited for over an hour before I gave up.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

TSW added a server too >.>

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by bcbully

Grats to them, I will recheck TSW next summer when they have alot of content under their belt (well content for all types of players and not just the kind devoted to the upper 10% of the playerbase i.e. gear grinding)  Hopefully by then there should be a ton of new quests and alternate slot 8 weapons to aquire. (and hopefully some new skills)

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Not to be the doombringer, but adding servers doesn't really mean much of anything. Its very easy to add a server in to create a false sense of security with the game. Most likely, the extra server was an overflow server that isn't needed anymore.

Though the poster above brings up a good point regarding the fact that if there is a new server, what would be the other 2 so its a 1v1v1 in wvw?

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

How many servers are there now anyway?

:)

Looks like was a bug or something i dont see the server in my list for America. Can someone check and post the info here. :)

BTW i count 24 servers for America right now. 

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

Opening a new server one month after launch doesn't mean anything.

How many that are still playing in 3 does.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by XeoMatrix00

Looks like was a bug or something i dont see the server in my list for America. Can someone check and post the info here. :)

BTW i count 24 servers for America right now. 

So 24 FULL servers, impressive...

:)

Originally posted by JackFrosty

Guess someone here is blind didnt see the status of the servers :P

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Cool, what's the name?  I'm glad they're recovering from their horrid launch sales and adding players.  That brings them to 6 servers for NA/EU for English and a german and french server too!

I been looking for a mmo with a sub to switch around with gw2 (one of the benefits of a no sub game.) 

Hows TSW so far any dislkes and likes ?

Originally posted by XeoMatrix00

Cool, what's the name?  I'm glad they're recovering from their horrid launch sales and adding players.  That brings them to 6 servers for NA/EU for English and a german and french server too!

I been looking for a mmo with a sub to switch around with gw2 (one of the benefits of a no sub game.) 

Hows TSW so far any dislkes and likes ?

Dunno.  I think it's over-priced, but it looks interesting.  I'm not paying subs anymore, but if I was going to keep playing a sub game it would probably be RIFT.  It just depends on what you like though.

I like the designer of TSW, Ragnar Tornquist.  He is the creator of the Longest Journey series and is a great story-teller.

You can do a 3 day trial.  Check their homepage.  If you complete 30 missions then they reward you with another 2 free days.  I wish the game was B2P.

I will check that out. Thanks

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    They added another server to a game that did not need one. Niceimage
    Originally posted by Mannish
    They added another server to a game that did not need one. Niceimage

Considering the queues and the status of most servers i think was a good idea

• Originally posted by Aerowyn

Sanctum of Rall is where i play as well. place is packed everywhere i go. it wasn't even as full as some of the other "higher" pop servers i saw.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Not to be the doombringer, but adding servers doesn't really mean much of anything. Its very easy to add a server in to create a false sense of security with the game. Most likely, the extra server was an overflow server that isn't needed anymore.

Though the poster above brings up a good point regarding the fact that if there is a new server, what would be the other 2 so its a 1v1v1 in wvw?

Please stop.  First it was Xfire and now its "they are adding servers to give a false sense of security"  You really sound desperate for GW2 to fail.

Next will be GW2 is going F2P,,, wait wait it has no subs so that doesnt fit. Hmm guess have to invent some new excuses. LMAO

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I don't know why this community is so hung up on server populations. They don't mean squat. You can have every single server and overflow server so full that there are always log in queues 24/7

[mod edit]

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Further proof the game isn't dying is that those previously added servers are increasing in population. What were previously green (light) servers during peak times are now medium or even heavy. Yes certainly server transfers could account for a portion of that, but not enough to increase the population so dramatically.

Haters gonna hate, but an increasing population one month after release is a very good sign of potential stability down the road.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

But all the servers are connected, you can group with anyone from any server. LFG chat in certain areas is cross server and you only need to right click there name and select an option to summon them to your dimension. Guilds, PVP, dungeons, they're all cross server.

On topic, nice to see them adding another server. When I read through this thread and see people like "but that's 1 month after launch, come back in 3", it makes me wanna facepalm. It seems people WANT a game to fail. Give credit where it's due, and save the pessimistic speculation for yourself.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I'm happy for the NA crowd. I remember in GW1 the EU servers were not as popular as the NA ones...well at least for pre-searing stuff, which is what I did mostly.

GW2 has the benefit of not keeping tabs on subscribers but on how many accounts there are per server. As those accounts can pop in and out at any time.

I still don't fully get how they tally the server status though. As I've read people say it's by log-ins. Others say it's via accounts total.

Is it any relevant? Not really. Mostly for speculation purposes.

This was taken by me at 08:27 AM.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    yep. they need to activate guesting tho ASAP. :)
  • XtenXten Member Posts: 119

Yah , in its second week after launch only because a dedicated RP server was requested which was the reason.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

But since there is no subscription it will be highly inacurate. Because people might take a break (to play borderlands 2 , like my example) than come back later.

This discussion has been closed.