Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

End of Nations: Closed Beta 4 Cuts the Mustard

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,572MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The final closed beta event for Petroglyph's End of Nations is here. The staff over at RTSGuru.com has been toiling around inside its many game modes, and they've got their staff's first impressions to share. Check it out at RTSGuru.com.

The first thing that impressed me about End of Nations was not the friendly UI, or integrated videos to teach me, nor even the ease of getting straight into the action. It was the menu. Yep, the menu threw me back to the days when I played Defcon, a game over nuclear war and consisted of a map of the world in the style of some 80's console. The main menu in EON offers the blue glow of the world with lit up areas of events and a dashboard seamlessly melding in at the top. I wonder what this says about me when I get excited over something so trivial.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• BrotherDBrotherD AlbertslundPosts: 52Member
    Great and solid RTS. Check it out when it launches. It F2P so how can you go wrong.

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• william0532william0532 portland, ORPosts: 251Member
    Thank you, I forgot about this game, now I have tons of stuff to look through and a game to be excited to play! God I miss stomping friends in the military at age of empires, I've been waiting for a good RTS game.(Sins of a solar empire is awesome, but the games take forever lol)
  • GruntyGrunty Fort Worth, TXPosts: 7,029Member Uncommon
    Fun until you run into co-players who decide to camp out at the respawn site rather than fighting the opponents after certain round levels because it's 'more efficient'.
  • Entris38Entris38 Somewhere, OHPosts: 321Member Uncommon
    It's fun, but I feel so lost. Haven't played this type in some time and incredibly lost/hesitant. Going to dive into some "how to" videos, I'm sure it's alot more simple than I am making it.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Entris38
    It's fun, but I feel so lost. Haven't played this type in some time and incredibly lost/hesitant. Going to dive into some "how to" videos, I'm sure it's alot more simple than I am making it.

I had your problem too. I thought the game was terrible until I really learned how to to play it and then it was more fun.

Smile