Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA lifted...now talk!

BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253

The NDA lifted but I'm not hearing much. Is it good? I have been curious about it for a while.

Comments

• BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 52

Yes it good. Offers content for both pvp's and pve's through a good portion of maps.

There is no base building. Instead you have to build up companies. You have x number of points to fill up with units, structures (that can be placed almost all over the map), abilities, heroes and mod.

You can have 3 companies per commander but you can have more than one commander. More commander slots can be bought if you want.

Most important it is F2P with cash shop and no pay P2W.

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

frankly unless you are a cash heavy twit  there really is no reason to have more then 2 active companies (not including the special locked companies) if you can not manage with 2 companies you are doing something wrong..  i do just fine with 1/2 companies be it alpha testing it or in the limited betas they run. 

other then that the game is pretty fun. nice to see they are tweeking it abit as i found level 5s had a fairly high advantage over lv 1-4s as 5s had access to T2 units that could pretty much dominate maxed out T1 units. but time will tell how it balances out now. leveling is decent from what i have seen so the only items you really should be buying from the item mall are the cash and xp buffs to speed up buying the T2/3 units and mods.  unit colours arent really important (hopefully they add a preview option for that at some point as i dont like having to buy the camo just to find it looks like poop)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Pretty cool. It wasn't on the scale I thought it would be. I was thinking massive scale Action RTS. It's not that, but it's Trion, so it's well made. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by BrotherD

Yes it good. Offers content for both pvp's and pve's through a good portion of maps.

There is no base building. Instead you have to build up companies. You have x number of points to fill up with units, structures (that can be placed almost all over the map), abilities, heroes and mod.

You can have 3 companies per commander but you can have more than one commander. More commander sluts can be bought if you want.

hehe....

Originally posted by Aquazen
    Originally posted by BrotherD

You can have 3 companies per commander but you can have more than one commander. More commander sluts can be bought if you want.

hehe....

LOL Doh

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Doesnt seem like any interest in this game...i mean the NDA just got lifted...wheres all the cbt feedback?  No ones talking about anything lol.
    Originally posted by Crunchy222
    Doesnt seem like any interest in this game...i mean the NDA just got lifted...wheres all the cbt feedback?  No ones talking about anything lol.

Yeah. A bit wierd. There is lots of ppl in beta (12k+ on ranking list). Maybe the ppl who are interested in EoN are not your typical MMO crowd but more from the RTS side of things. Might explain why there is not more chat here about EoN.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Robokapp

what is persistent in the gameworld? what do you build that stays built and other people get to interact with?

that's what I want to know, what is persistent. anything? like how do you intract with the gameworld and how do you interact with other players aside for the pvp?

Its like C&C4.  I dont know if anyone other than Trion thought that would be a fantastic idea.