Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My only real problem with MOP..

So, after finally getting a toon to level 90, doing alot of heroics and being able to experience most of the content. I only have 1 real complaint.

Tying raiding gear to daily quests.

I do not get to play WoW everyday. Sometimes, I can go 2-3 days at a time without playing. I do, however, work hard at everything I do. and this hard works means I've never been 'behind' when it comes to content. I can leave for an entire week, come back, and gear up a character in a DAY. I can level my main, gear him up for raids, level an alt, and have him raid ready just the same as my main the next day.

NOW, blizzard, you put me on YOUR, schedule. Doesn't matter how hard I work. I'm on YOUR time. If I don't play every day, I lose valuable time and reputation to get gear for raiding. This is bullshit. Not only that, but you can't farm rep by doing heroics? Why!? Why do you want to force people to do DAILIES to raid? what do dailies have to do with raiding?

No, let me say this. I have no problem doing dailies, or farming rep, I think my netherwing drakes prove that, and yes, reputation has always been somewhat tied to raiding, even if its shoulder/helm enchants. But this? this is infiniately worse. I'm a raider, I should be able to get raiding gear through things that are..Atleast somewhat, similar to raiding.

the LEAST you could do is make it so that once I get exalted with these reputations on one toon, all my alts can buy the gear as well. Link the gear to an account wide achivement, rather then physical reputation. Make it so I can farm rep on my OWN time as well, dungeons that give rep, make it so all the dailies are infinitately repeatable, not a daily timer so the amount of time it takes to get gear is hard work and play time, rather then a schedule.

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Raid gear is not tied to daily quests or reputations. Raid quality gear is.

You do not absolutely HAVE to have raid quality gear to raid. You will do fine with the blue gear from Heroic dungeons. If the blue gear from Heroics isnt enough then wait for Raid Finder.

Also, you say you are a raider but you complain that you cant get raid quality gear from activities that are not raids. If you were a raider you would get raid quality gear from raids.

So, you cant run a bunch a easy Heroics and get raid quality gear for little effort. So, your welfare epic gear has been taken away. So, deal with it.

If you were a raider you wouldnt be asking for free hand outs.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Raid gear is not tied to daily quests or reputations. Raid quality gear is.

You do not absolutely HAVE to have raid quality gear to raid. You will do fine with the blue gear from Heroic dungeons. If the blue gear from Heroics isnt enough then wait for Raid Finder.

Also, you say you are a raider but you complain that you cant get raid quality gear from activities that are not raids. If you were a raider you would get raid quality gear from raids.

So, you cant run a bunch a easy Heroics and get raid quality gear for little effort. So, your welfare epic gear has been taken away. So, deal with it.

If you were a raider you wouldnt be asking for free hand outs.

I'm not asking for hand outs, I'm asking to be able to do it on MY schedule. Not blizzards. That is, honestly, my only problem with it. I don't care that its attached to REPUTATION, I care that its attached to -dailies-. Forcing me into a schedule that I don't want nor have the time for, understand? I have no problem with doing the work.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

This is how they've chosen to extend the stick to which the carrot is tied, keeping your subscription money coming in. I doubt very much that any number of complaints will change it.

Sorry you feel screwed by them. I haven't played WoW since 2006-ish but I hate to see it when someone feels lost in a game they enjoy.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

Originally posted by azrael466
    I'm not asking for hand outs, I'm asking to be able to do it on MY schedule. Not blizzards. That is, honestly, my only problem with it. I don't care that its attached to REPUTATION, I care that its attached to -dailies-. Forcing me into a schedule that I don't want nor have the time for, understand? I have no problem with doing the work.
    "the LEAST you could do is make it so that once I get exalted with these reputations on one toon, all my alts can buy the gear as well"

You're asking for free hand outs right here.

Also, if you had "no problem with doing the work" then you would have no problem doing the dailies for the reputation.

Some very mixed messages here.

You say you're a raider but you want raid quality gear for running Heroics.

You say you're not asking for hand outs but you want free gear for your alts.

You say you have no problem doing dailies or farming rep but this whole complaint is based on doing dailies for rep.

It really sounds like you want easy epics NOW NOW NOW.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

This is how they've chosen to extend the stick to which the carrot is tied, keeping your subscription money coming in. I doubt very much that any number of complaints will change it.

Yep, that's all WoW endgame centers around, really... taking as long as possible to get geared, making you think this gives the game some advantage in longevity.

"the LEAST you could do is make it so that once I get exalted with these reputations on one toon, all my alts can buy the gear as well"

Also, if you had "no problem with doing the work" then you would have no problem doing the dailies for the reputation.

You say you have no problem doing dailies or farming rep but this whole complaint is based on doing dailies for rep.

No, you're choosing to take that out of it.

Its not the WORK I'm complaining about. its being on THEIR, FUCKING SCHEDULE. Its being forced to do things on THEIR time, not mine that pisses me off.

and you think I don't need this for raiding? do you even play wow? do you expect anyone to let you raid without it since 'lawlz, just do the dailiez"? even GUILD LEADERS are saying 'the only way to get raid ready now is dailies"

You're completely ignoring the point to nitpick things you can easily argue against to dismiss my opinion.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Glad I stopped playing wow, I get what he is saying. He doesnt want to have to just do dailies to raid. In his eyes he is being forced to play when blizzard thinks he should instead of when he is able to play. All in the name of raiding, perhaps?
  • stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

No, you're choosing to take that out of it.

Its not the WORK I'm complaining about. its being on THEIR, FUCKING SCHEDULE. Its being forced to do things on THEIR time, not mine that pisses me off.

and you think I don't need this for raiding? do you even play wow? do you expect anyone to let you raid without it since 'lawlz, just do the dailiez"? even GUILD LEADERS are saying 'the only way to get raid ready now is dailies"

You're completely ignoring the point to nitpick things you can easily argue against to dismiss my opinion.

Relax. The problem is that you are talking to a bunch of people that either don't really raid, use the raid finder to raid, or belong to a "scrub" raiding guild that has no clue. People that actually raid with a serious raid guild understand the gear requirements and that you won't be allowed to raid and will be replaced with someone who does have the gear. Serious guilds don't raid with people that have gear that "might" let you succeed......

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    Glad I stopped playing wow, I get what he is saying. He doesnt want to have to just do dailies to raid. In his eyes he is being forced to play when blizzard thinks he should instead of when he is able to play. All in the name of raiding, perhaps?

No you don't. He doesn't need to do dailies to raid.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Welcome to ActiBlizzard games, where you get to play games and have fun the way we tell you to.

They did it in D3, why would MoP be any different?

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

I've never liked the concept of daily quests in an MMO. I hate it and despise it as an articifial way to slow down players.

What they should be instead is repeatable quests.

So what if some players with lots of time grind the repu faster than others, it's their own choice how to use their free time.

Raiding in vanilla/TBC was too hardcore because players were forced to log on every time raids were scheduled for their guild.  Now Blizzard does the same for all players making them log on every day in a week.

That's one more reason i'll stay away from this interactive saturday morning cartoon that WoW is today.

Originally posted by AZHokie54

Welcome to ActiBlizzard games, where you get to play games and have fun the way we tell you to.

They did it in D3, why would MoP be any different?

I didn't play D3, or starcraft 2 - I don't like rts or point and click dungeon crawlers...I mean, really blizz? 2012 and you're releasing a game THAT outdated of a model and play style?

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

NOW, blizzard, you put me on YOUR, schedule. Doesn't matter how hard I work. I'm on YOUR time. 

Ohhh boy, you wake up or what? Its this way for so many years. I think just after vanila.

OMG. My first pos here from years!

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Hasn't Blizzard made gearing up for raids easy enough without allowing you to have all of your alts gear up with no additional effort?

I don't like dailies either. I think there should be a weekly cap to how much rep you can gain, that way they can still have their content gate, but it can be done whenever we have time in the week to do it. Just some flexibility is definitely not too much to ask.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Yep, that's all WoW endgame centers around, really... taking as long as possible to get geared, making you think this gives the game some advantage in longevity.

You should remove that signature of yours, considering you are in every single thread where something negative about WoW is said.

Originally posted by iZakaroN

NOW, blizzard, you put me on YOUR, schedule. Doesn't matter how hard I work. I'm on YOUR time. 

Ohhh boy, you wake up or what? Its this way for so many years. I think just after vanila.

OMG. My first pos here from years!

No, no it hasn't. Take cata. I quit for months at a time, logged in. Day later? I was 'caught up' and could raid, because of hard work in heroics.

WOTLK, I could do the same thing. Just level an alt, grind a bunch of dungeons, start raiding with that toon. I've personally done that exact thing twice.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    lol, gear grinding. so done with that. 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I yearn for the old EQ Velious days, where raid gear was tied to faction. And that faction took ~weeks~. It was a very obvious content road block, designed to slow down players from getting to the end game and make the expansion last that much longer. At the time I hated it, but looking back through rose-colored glasses, at least it did make the content more relevant for a longer period of time. In fact, the expansion was still relevant for years, long after the next two or three major expansions were released.

I think the biggest reason I stopped playing WoW was because people could do just what the OP states - have something "ready to go" inside of a day or two. The big push to hurry up to the end, so you could stand around and twiddle your thumbs until the next bit of content gets released.

Sure, he's working hard to do it, but the fact that the mechanisms and challenges allow anyone to do that is ridiculous. Really - how much longer until the next expansion comes out? A year, 2 years? Even before they add new content - that's still on a pace of 3-4 months between in-expansion content pushes.

And your main point of contention is because you can't get to the end of this one in a single day?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO
    Originally posted by Eir_S

You should remove that signature of yours, considering you are in every single thread where something negative about WoW is said.

I don't mind the game, but I hate Blizzard's subscription scam.  Also, no, not changing my sig.  Sorry.

Originally posted by Ridelynn

I yearn for the old EQ Velious days, where raid gear was tied to faction. And that faction took ~weeks~. It was a very obvious content road block, designed to slow down players from getting to the end game and make the expansion last that much longer. At the time I hated it, but looking back through rose-colored glasses, at least it did make the content more relevant for a longer period of time. In fact, the expansion was still relevant for years, long after the next two or three major expansions were released.

I think the biggest reason I stopped playing WoW was because people could do just what the OP states - have something "ready to go" inside of a day or two. The big push to hurry up to the end, so you could stand around and twiddle your thumbs until the next bit of content gets released.

Sure, he's working hard to do it, but the fact that the mechanisms and challenges allow anyone to do that is ridiculous. Really - how much longer until the next expansion comes out? A year, 2 years? Even before they add new content - that's still on a pace of 3-4 months between in-expansion content pushes.

And your main point of contention is because you can't get to the end of this one in a single day?

No. My point is, blizzard shouldn't put people on THEIR time frame. and its not about 'hurrying up to the end', I enjoy raiding. I don't really like heroics(although I can put up with them) or dailies, or pvp. I like raiding. But raiding is ALWAYS fun for me. I'm trying to sludge through the stuff I find boring, so I can get to what I pay for, what I find fun; for me, that's raiding. It's not about 'getting to the end', its about 'getting to the fun part"

How would PVPers like it if suddenly you could ONLY pvp at max level and after earning reputation with all the pvp factions?

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

No. My point is, blizzard shouldn't put people on THEIR time frame. and its not about 'hurrying up to the end', I enjoy raiding. I don't really like heroics(although I can put up with them) or dailies, or pvp. I like raiding. But raiding is ALWAYS fun for me. I'm trying to sludge through the stuff I find boring, so I can get to what I pay for, what I find fun; for me, that's raiding. It's not about 'getting to the end', its about 'getting to the fun part"

How would PVPers like it if suddenly you could ONLY pvp at max level and after earning reputation with all the pvp factions?

So basically, If I want to die, at least let me choose my own poison?

Originally posted by Enigmatus

So basically, If I want to die, at least let me choose my own poison?

More or less.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        Only WoW would put raid quality gear in casual dailies....This game has always been the king of instant gratification MMOs.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

My one problem with the game:

One choice on what to do with my character every 15 levels.  AWESOME! 

Wait....

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Originally posted by azrael466 Originally posted by Xiaoki   Originally posted by azrael466 I'm not asking for hand outs, I'm asking to be able to do it on MY schedule. Not blizzards. That is, honestly, my only problem with it. I don't care that its attached to REPUTATION, I care that its attached to -dailies-. Forcing me into a schedule that I don't want nor have the time for, understand? I have no problem with doing the work.
    "the LEAST you could do is make it so that once I get exalted with these reputations on one toon, all my alts can buy the gear as well"   You're asking for free hand outs right here. Also, if you had "no problem with doing the work" then you would have no problem doing the dailies for the reputation. Some very mixed messages here. You say you're a raider but you want raid quality gear for running Heroics. You say you're not asking for hand outs but you want free gear for your alts. You say you have no problem doing dailies or farming rep but this whole complaint is based on doing dailies for rep. It really sounds like you want easy epics NOW NOW NOW.
    No, you're choosing to take that out of it. Its not the WORK I'm complaining about. its being on THEIR, FUCKING SCHEDULE. Its being forced to do things on THEIR time, not mine that pisses me off. and you think I don't need this for raiding? do you even play wow? do you expect anyone to let you raid without it since 'lawlz, just do the dailiez"? even GUILD LEADERS are saying 'the only way to get raid ready now is dailies" You're completely ignoring the point to nitpick things you can easily argue against to dismiss my opinion.
    Relax. The problem is that you are talking to a bunch of people that either don't really raid, use the raid finder to raid, or belong to a "scrub" raiding guild that has no clue. People that actually raid with a serious raid guild understand the gear requirements and that you won't be allowed to raid and will be replaced with someone who does have the gear. Serious guilds don't raid with people that have gear that "might" let you succeed......

Im 4/6 in Mogu'shan Vaults.

How about you?

Also, I went in with no epics and tanked it just fine. If your guild thinks you absolutely must have epics to do Mogu'shan Vaults then you should leave your guild.