Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Over

Comments

• donny852001donny852001 Member Posts: 5

we need more, lets get it going, we got a good 5 people so far

• NethienNethien Member Posts: 26

Hello everone :)

So 2 days in and we have a few good members, but we need more!! Come on everyone this is your chance to be a part of an oldschool LS.

Still waiting to hear back from

cyberchip

supersteef

Archaicrift

K11Keeper

as you guys seemed to have high interest in the game.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Sorry I'm already on Ragnarok server. I have a few 99 jobs but was looking to lvl something the old school fashion just for fun but since you're not on my server I'll have to pass.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

mm i think you pretty much got me there, i think that cool be fun to play this game in the old fashion this winter.

I will install the game to begin with, still i have some questions:

1. Is there a migration server features? I have some old characters i would probably like to migrate on phoenix. The main reason is my blue choco, yeah it took me like 4 month of trial to get it:) and he is max out for speed if i remember correctly. And second raison is my money and expensive gears on my monk. I still have spend month of fishing for them.

2. What time zone most of you play? For now it's no so important since i have a lot of free-time but it will not last, i will need to work this winter so.

3. Do you play with TS or such? the reason i ask is because i will not using any vocal chat. Even if i can write some english, this is not my main language and speaking is another matter and i will not feel comfortable at all.

4. Wich nation you have choose? I think you sayd Bastock but i just want to be sure.

So that about it, i hope we will see each others in game.

Cya

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Doesn't this game have a major revamp dropping soon, or is it out already?

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Doesn't this game have a major revamp dropping soon, or is it out already?

Final fantasy XIV has a major revamp but this is Final fantasy XI.

• SuperSteefSuperSteef Member Posts: 4

Alright, downloading it now.  I don't remember what my pass is but I think I can get that from Steam.  

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

It is good to see some more interest in the LS.  Just check one of Nethien's previous posts for the link to our forums where you can sign up.  We do use TS for communication, but it isn't a requirement.

Originally posted by nickster29

It is good to see some more interest in the LS.  Just check one of Nethien's previous posts for the link to our forums where you can sign up.  We do use TS for communication, but it isn't a requirement.

Yep i already sign up, but i will not play tonight since the update is like 10 hours, kind of suck anyway i will be there tomorow.

Welcome to all the potential new members!

Good to see there still is some interest in this after all!

With our current new members, I believe we are coming to the point where we can start moving away from doing pages over and over, and focus on more traditional levleling methods, not that I am against pages, as long as you are doing ones that are ment for your level, and not using them as a powerleveling exploit.

Unfortunatly this weekend I am kind of busy with real life stuff, but will resume play later Saturday evening, in the meantime you can contact Tedlar, Slowtease, Jento, or me Razela if I happen to be on for a moment.

• ShikobaShikoba Member Posts: 3

So I came accross this topic and bought the game on steam. I had missed my chance to really get to enjoy this game and this sounds really great because I had really wanted to try it and see what all it had to offer. I was playing FFXIV and am looking forward to 2.0 when it hits next year, but with the servers going down till then it is a good time to jump on this game.

Got a lot of downloading to do it seems. But I should be on at some point this weekend and will try to contact one of the members!

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270
    I would be very interested in this. Shoot me a PM if you are really going to get this going, I'm in.
    Originally posted by Shikoba

So I came accross this topic and bought the game on steam. I had missed my chance to really get to enjoy this game and this sounds really great because I had really wanted to try it and see what all it had to offer. I was playing FFXIV and am looking forward to 2.0 when it hits next year, but with the servers going down till then it is a good time to jump on this game.

Got a lot of downloading to do it seems. But I should be on at some point this weekend and will try to contact one of the members!

Cool, i begin the adventure yesterday, so now im re-learning a little bit (been i while i didnt play). Glad to see more peoples coming up. If you have question just feel free to ask. And go to the linkshell website. You can find the link on a previous post.

Originally posted by Zeno89
    I would be very interested in this. Shoot me a PM if you are really going to get this going, I'm in.

This is already going on. So just download the game and hop in image

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Sounds good, but I already have some toons on a different server, so if I re-subbed would love to bring them over. If someone can shoot me a world pass so I can transfer servers or if the way to hop servers has changed let me know.

Originally posted by Xepo
    Sounds good, but I already have some toons on a different server, so if I re-subbed would love to bring them over. If someone can shoot me a world pass so I can transfer servers or if the way to hop servers has changed let me know.

mm world pass are for new character only, you cannot transfer existsing character with this, the only way i know is to buy The World Transfer service. Here for more info :

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/intro/optional/wd_transfer01.html

I have other character too on another server but im waiting a little to see how this is going before doing the world transfer. The only reason i will do this is for my gils, gears and chocobo card. For my olds characters progress i dont rely care.

Originally posted by Silok

Cool, i begin the adventure yesterday, so now im re-learning a little bit (been i while i didnt play). Glad to see more peoples coming up. If you have question just feel free to ask. And go to the linkshell website. You can find the link on a previous post.

Thank you I will do that!

What starting city are we all choosing?

Well you choose the one you want since we will all reunite evntually. I did start at Bastok to make a change but i dont like it so i think i will reroll At Sandy. Tell me wich city you prefer.

• ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I'd like to, but I have to find a place to purchase the game. And a quick question to OP, all the expansions? Or base game? I've never played FFXI, I tried to back when the first expansion came out, but I found out IG that it'd take 2 years to reach max level doing the party grind bit and that turned me off.
    Originally posted by Shelvinarr
    I'd like to, but I have to find a place to purchase the game. And a quick question to OP, all the expansions? Or base game? I've never played FFXI, I tried to back when the first expansion came out, but I found out IG that it'd take 2 years to reach max level doing the party grind bit and that turned me off.

You can buy the complete games + expension for 20$ on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39250/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

This game take time that for sure, i dont know how much time to get max lvl since i never reach it. There is a lots of content. This game is not for everyone, if you like quick and fast lvl trough quest to reach end game in 1 month, FFXi is probably not for you.

Take the time to read info and watch video before to see if you like what you saw. If you like oriented group games, slower but tactical combat vs the fast action combat we see in most games these days, exploration and crafting wich has a meaning but take a lots of time, than you will probably like it.

Keep in mind this game is old school so the learning path take time.

@Shelvinarr

You can buy the game one steam, or right off their website. I believe the current price is $19.99

and that comes with...

Final Fantasy XI

Rise of the Zilart

Chains of Promathia

Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Wings of the Godess

as well as the abyssea line

Vision of Abyssea

Scars of Abyssea

Heroes of Abyssea

and 3 add on scenarios

A Crystalline Prophecy

A Moogle Kupo d'Etat

A Shantotto Ascension

as far as leveling is concerned it does take a little longer than most mmo's to level, but I find it not to be bad at

all especially hopping into teamspeak and chatting with your party. However, it is a little easier to level nowadays,

but still expect 4-6 months of decent playtime to get to the higher levels. This game really is about the journey, not

how fast we reach the destination.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you in game :)

Nethien

Well you choose the one you want since we will all reunite evntually. I did start at Bastok to make a change but i dont like it so i think i will reroll At Sandy. Tell me wich city you prefer.

I will probably be starting in Sandoria so that works for me! Finished downloading the game, now doing the big updates. Won't be on until sometime tomorrow it looks like.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I got the game up and running. Is there a certain city the LS is going to represent?

you are free to pick any city you like :)
    Originally posted by Xepo
    I got the game up and running. Is there a certain city the LS is going to represent?

I choosed sando and my name in game is Silok, if you have question just ask.