Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF XIV a realm reborn -do i have to buy a new box?

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, i haven't been on the forums for a while.

There are various sources to get keys for FF XIV for around 12$ / 10 Eur on the internet. If i get one of these now, can i just wait it out until they relaunch  "A Realm Reborn" and play with that key then (incl. 30 free days?) or does everyone have to get a new copy of the game?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• imlazyxdimlazyxd Member UncommonPosts: 81

I asked the same question about buying the old copy, and yes you will be able to play ARR. I don't know if you should wait until AAR is released, because they ordered the old copies to be destroy. I'm only assuming there might be problems registering the old CD Keys once ARR goes live. I got the copy and activated it to register for the Alpha, so you can do that also.

• carolgreen21carolgreen21 Member Posts: 22
    I got the copy and activated it to register for the Alpha, so you can do that also.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    No. But am I going to buy one for collective sake? Yes. image
  • Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Really!? They expect us to buy this game again... I am not sure if I am willing to do that after I purchased the CE... Can anyone answer the question if I have to buy another copy? I have looked everywhere and I cannot find anything. Or can I try it for 30 days free without me having to buy a new copy? I mean damnit they pratically gave me garbage and ran off with my money!

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Proximo521
    Really!? They expect us to buy this game again... I am not sure if I am willing to do that after I purchased the CE... Can anyone answer the question if I have to buy anothe copy? I have looked everywhere and I cannot find anything. Or can I try it for 30 days free without me having to buy a new copy? I mean damnit they pratically gave me garbage and ran off with my money!

No they dont ask you to buy the game again. You will have a free trial and if you want after that you begin the sub, but you do not need to buy again if you already bought it and made an account with it.

• Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Silok
    Really!? They expect us to buy this game again... I am not sure if I am willing to do that after I purchased the CE... Can anyone answer the question if I have to buy anothe copy? I have looked everywhere and I cannot find anything. Or can I try it for 30 days free without me having to buy a new copy? I mean damnit they pratically gave me garbage and ran off with my money!

No they dont ask you to buy the game again. You will have a free trial and if you want after that you begin the sub, but you do not need to buy again if you already bought it and made an account with it.

Sweet! Thanks so much! I was going to reach a new level of pissed off if that was the case. You saved me from my insanity Sir!

For those who think about buying an old key on amazon read this:

After September 29, 2012 (Saturday), 11:59 p.m. (PDT), FINAL FANTASY XIV users will no longer be able to do the following via the Square Enix Account Management System:

*Register new Service Accounts

*Register any registration or special item codes

*Alter billing procedures, including changes to billing cycles/Automatic Renewal Options

*Add Automatic Renewal Options (i.e., add characters)

Originally posted by Silok

Sweet! Thanks so much! I was going to reach a new level of pissed off if that was the case. You saved me from my insanity Sir!

My pleasure, here what i found about the news for the trial:

?September to October 2012 –Begin distribution of version 2.0 software for PC
    -Begin distribution of PlayStation®3 system beta version

?October to November 2012 –Reinstate limited free trial period for PC version
    -Commence PlayStation®3 system closed beta test

?Post-January 2013 –Version 2.0 client (PC and PlayStation®3 system) goes on sale
    -Free trial period ends

Now this is from this : New FINAL FANTASY XIV Outline this document is from may 28 2012 so not sure if it's still truth info.

I just hope so.