Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Alpha Testing Coming at the End of October

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to the latest Letter from the Producer, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is likely to enter its alpha testing cycle towards the end of this month. In addition, players wishing to continue playing the current version of the game will be allowed to do so even after the v2.0 goes live later this year. The caveat is that if log ins drop below 30%, the servers will be shut down.

However, we’re going to take a look at the login numbers at the end of each month. In the event that numbers drop below 30%, we’ll take the servers down again, and decide where to go from there. Expect more details on when the servers will be back online after everything’s been shut down. But for now, go and have as much fun as you can before November 1

Read the full Producer's Letter on the Final Fantasy XIV site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142
    lol, not when it goes live. just while alpha/beta is going on. 
  • TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38
    I am pretty sure it isn't going to be live this year... probably early next year. (Don' t quote me though)
  • SneakyRussianSneakyRussian Member Posts: 54

Hehe, alpha testing a launched game. The irony :3!

But no, yea, the newer version of XIV should be interesting IF AND ONLY IF they decide to release a digital version this time. They didn't for the first release of XIV and it drove a lot of people i know including me insane.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    well i see no reason why people would still play the old FFXIV when the 2.0 is obviously better in every aspect..

So What Now?

• guin10guin10 Member Posts: 21

mmorpg team:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/screens

The last 14 images are from FF XIV: A Realm Reborn, not FF XIV 1.0.

Where is the FF: ARR board?

• TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian
    But no, yea, the newer version of XIV should be interesting IF AND ONLY IF they decide to release a digital version this time.

From my understanding everyone who already has a copy from FFXIV 1.0 will be getting 2.0 for free... so the way I think they will do this is via Download *Which is only way logically* So I don't see why there wouldn't be a digital release. But, then again who knows...

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Toland
    I am pretty sure it isn't going to be live this year... probably early next year. (Don' t quote me though)

oops

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Yeah seriously why we dont get a new forum? This is a new game like the new darkfall so why?

I saw post like this a while ago but you mmorpg staff never answer or do nothing about it...

Why we dont have a new forum already?? geez

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Agreed, FFXIV: ARR deserves a new forum!