Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Happened To The Vision?

13»

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Presbytier
    Originally posted by Draron
    Other than their interesting skill system FunCom's TSW is a buggy mess and should never have been released in the state it was in. they announced the game way to early built up to much hype and released way to early.

Judging from the reviews it's received, it's far from a buggy mess and wasn't released too early. Not saying it doesn't have bugs, but it's a far cry from say GW2's unfinished higher level zones DE's. I couldn't go an evening on my 60ish Warrior with running into a DE that was bugged. And that's from a company that said it was released "when it's ready".

Edit: Didn't mean this to sound like an attack on GW2. I think it's a great game, was only using a recently launched game as an example.

I played TSW day one and thereafter for three weeks. The game suffered from severe performance lag, RAM leakage and other poor optimization issues. Not to meantion bad and unfinished character animations and graphics. GW2 launched exceptionally smoot in comparison

I haven't had any of those issues in TSW but it is a pretty graphically demanding game. I've heard some stories of some systems needing an upgrade in CPU or graphics card. nvidia driver issues as well. 

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Rayshe

i donno, it was exactly what i was asking for. your generalizing alot there, and speaking for alot of people who probubly dont agree with you.

Funny thing about this whole "your own Storyline" it doesnt work in anything other than a Sandbox game. if you want your story hardwired into the system you need to play a Tabletop, because that wont happen otherwise. As it stands im playing the game with a bunch of Dagon Worshopers who create their own part of the storyline within the game setting. We stage events and have discussions in the local Pub. as of late our storyline has been the fight against the Renegade Draug who have turned away from Dagon to worshop The sword Beaumont uses in Solomon Island (i hate giving spoilers so i wont name said sword).

The ability to have your own story is there. you just need to play it but as i said, "your own Storyline" cant be hardwired into the system and this is not a sandbox game. It doesnt mean you cant still create a setting and play. ya know what, if your started a story you would probubly find others to join you.  

Before you accuse me of not knowing what a sandbox is, my 2 favorate games other than TSW was Face of Mankind and Eve.

Well, then I guess you should ask yourself why the game is failing now.  I find it hard to believe that Ragnar's original vision for this game was to create a themepark that had, at best, 60 days worth of gameplay in it unless you want to dungeon grind forever.  In fact, we know there were major changes along the way, including world faction PvP.  The game was dumbed down, and it's clear to see by how robust some systems are, and how lame others are.  It's like they mashed two games together to get it released faster.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me.  My post was basically an op-ed.  However, I still think if the game was more hybrid or sandbox in nature, it would have a much stronger and larger niche market.  Again, my opinion.

It's failing because it never really brought anything new to the table just like Rift and SWTOR didn't bring anything new to the table.  Very intriguing setting, some nice quests but when you look at the mechanics at it's core it never really brought anything new to the table.  If you put out a game with good mechanics then your game will succeed, if you don't then it will have lack-luster performance.

In the end very early off people already knew this would be a very niche crowd.  Those who are fed up with the fantasy will enjoy TSW but those that are looking for a new innovative game won't find it in TSW which just copied the mechanics of WoW just like every other MMO company with the exception of a select few.

this was written by someone who has never played TSW. does wow have classless leveless progression?  please actually play the game for more than 5 minutes before spouting off. 

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by Ambros123

It's failing because it never really brought anything new to the table just like Rift and SWTOR didn't bring anything new to the table.  Very intriguing setting, some nice quests but when you look at the mechanics at it's core it never really brought anything new to the table.  If you put out a game with good mechanics then your game will succeed, if you don't then it will have lack-luster performance.

In the end very early off people already knew this would be a very niche crowd.  Those who are fed up with the fantasy will enjoy TSW but those that are looking for a new innovative game won't find it in TSW which just copied the mechanics of WoW just like every other MMO company with the exception of a select few.

this was written by someone who has never played TSW. does wow have classless leveless progression?  please actually play the game for more than 5 minutes before spouting off. 

WoW doesn't have classless progression, cutscenes, a modern day setting, investigation missions, useful crafting system, actual characters that have personalities instead of most giving one quest and be forgotten, seamless servers, combat that requires you to move starting at level 1 (which it's built around as you can still use skills while moving) and 3 factions either. But of course, those don't count.

SWTOR and Rift both something new to the table as well, though not as large scale as TSW. But IMO, the MMO market has stifled. We're not going to see another WoW success again, at least not anytime soon.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by Draron
    Other than their interesting skill system FunCom's TSW is a buggy mess and should never have been released in the state it was in. they announced the game way to early built up to much hype and released way to early.

Judging from the reviews it's received, it's far from a buggy mess and wasn't released too early. Not saying it doesn't have bugs, but it's a far cry from say GW2's unfinished higher level zones DE's. I couldn't go an evening on my 60ish Warrior with running into a DE that was bugged. And that's from a company that said it was released "when it's ready".

Edit: Didn't mean this to sound like an attack on GW2. I think it's a great game, was only using a recently launched game as an example.

I played TSW day one and thereafter for three weeks. The game suffered from severe performance lag, RAM leakage and other poor optimization issues. Not to meantion bad and unfinished character animations and graphics. GW2 launched exceptionally smoot in comparison

I haven't had any of those issues in TSW but it is a pretty graphically demanding game. I've heard some stories of some systems needing an upgrade in CPU or graphics card. nvidia driver issues as well. 

since I upgraded my card to a ati 7870 it has run smooth as silk

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    How can they expoect to keep the same vision when they have gutted the directing devs.  Hell even Ragnar Tornquist ran from this mmo asap