Been playing quite a bit of dark souls lately and it has me in the mood to play a good MMO again. I'm aware there isn't many MMO's like dark souls but hear me out
[The two features it must have]
- Open world PVP, whether it be a strucutred continent that PVP occurs on or just the ability to PVP in a PVE enviorment.
- Minimal amounts of hacking and botting. While its unrealistic to say no hacking or botting, I'd like the tally count to be low on this. Played too many games where the experience has been ruined because everyone has a bot farming for them 24/7
[Features that I'd like, but are optional]
- A plus'ing system for gear. Just feels nice to have a system like that, even if its chance based ( actually i prefer chance based :P )
- PVP that actually has penalties. I like games that discourage death in PVP, it makes the experience more realistic
- PVE that has penalties on death. Same reason as above
- Combat that is based on your skills as a player. I'm not asking about a game where level 1 can whoop a level 40, but if a battle comes down between say a level 34 vs a level 40, and the level 34 player is more skilled as a player he should win.
- Controller support. Like the rest of this list this is an optional (E.G. not needed) feature but I've grown to enjoy playing with a remote, but I will forgoe it just as easily.
I don't care if the game is F2P or P2P as long as it has the two must features listed above. The optional list is ofcourse optional ( lol ). Anyone know a good MMO to match the two criteria set ?