Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Donning My Alliance Uniform

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's been a long while since Scary Booster has forgotten the basic necessities of life like showers and, oh, food. But with last week's release of Mists of Pandaria, well, it's happened again. Read on to see what Scary thinks before adding your own ideas in the comments.

As we all know, it’s been 8 years and 4 fabulous expansions for World of Warcraft. Over the years the game grew to an amazing 12.1 million subscribers just after Wrath of the Lich King. It might be on a slow decline, but the game still proves to be an excellent hobby for over 9 million people around the globe. That is defiantly nothing to sneeze at. It’s proven time and time again, it is the best MMO ever made to date. Time might take its toll on its numbers, but we can all look back on the 8 glorious years and reminisce. I remember the first time picked up WoW like it was yesterday…

[EDITOR’S NOTE: All of this may or may not have actually happened.]

Read more of Scary Booster's Very Scary: Donning My Alliance Uniform.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Can't. Be. Unseen.

Soooo cruel.

And then I read the article. Bad mental pictures. BAD!!!!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    fun article :)
  • JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

I actually was watching a friend play this tonight at his place, it looked really good! It looked a bit dated but still sylized, but i'm not going to fault it for that. It still looks amazing for an 8 yr old game!

I never did see peoples problem with Pandas. For Christ sakes the game has had talking Cows in it since launch O.o

I'm actually a RIFT junkie and have been running a guild there for a year now and can't wait for storm legion to hit!

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Nice article, I like when someone speaks from the soul like you have hear, I don't doubt this all didn't really happen.

Ps I'm only lvl 86 right now, but its still loads of fun.
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Ha ha that article is good. Well i was in military to and retired after few wounds and all of my friends can't understand why i play game like wow. It is always nice to return back to Azeroth from time to time. Pandaria is fun and graphic is much better, but it is normal that wow will lose subscribers after so many years but maybe they make new one with next gen graphic, that would be awesome. Who knows what we can except in few years
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Yup for a 8 yr old game it has hold up well.. person fail to see that if you push realistic/awesome graphics, most person PC won't be able to push the beauty of the engine in a hectic environment..

Me and my guild are loving this expac, we even convince a few to return and they are loving it.. Well done blizz
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

I actually was watching a friend play this tonight at his place, it looked really good! It looked a bit dated but still sylized, but i'm not going to fault it for that. It still looks amazing for an 8 yr old game!

I never did see peoples problem with Pandas. For Christ sakes the game has had talking Cows in it since launch O.o

I'm actually a RIFT junkie and have been running a guild there for a year now and can't wait for storm legion to hit!

Let's not forget gnomes dancing to 'sex bomb' - or even closer to the point - The playable race: Goat-people from outerspace (dranei).

It's amazing to me when people talk of how the Panda's destroyed  their dark, serious, brooding and sinister world of Night Elves dancing the moonwalk.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    LOL great article!
  • ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

I lol'd :)

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I feel like I just got trolled and I'm loving it! Great article! 

P.S. I'll never unsee that picture of the hairy man/woman thing.

Smile

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    This was like some sort of funny mental trip back into the year right before I graduated college. Fun stuff. :D

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

I myself have enjoyed 6+ years in WoW (for the most part). As a Vanilla player though every new expac and year is like another nail in the coffin. It has been a fun ride with a lot of memories in pve and many in pvp. I remember laughing so hard once playing with my nephew when he ran off a ledge and fell to his death (he was always prone to this) LOL. I remember dungeon runs with friends and pugs where a huntard would disengage to their death off a ledge and the group would put up a campfire in his memory. I remember raiding and drinking with the disco ball going, BUT it doesn't remove the many scars of the watered down talent tree and combat system. The joy is fading when it comes to WoW and there are too many new and great options out or soon to be out to try to relive those moments in a game the has been stripped of what made it fun in the begining.

Great post though enjoyed the read.

• Rambo621Rambo621 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Man this article is full of grammatical errors and misspellings. I'd expect it from the comments, but... c'mon.