Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new personal end story rewards forthcoming

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/story/End-Story-Loot-spoilers/page/6#post346959

There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story. (We agree that three green items isn’t cool enough.) I wouldn’t expect to see the new rewards and retro fix until the 10/28 update, though, because the upcoming holiday content is eating up our precious testing time.

As far as I know, any character who has completed the story will receive mail with the new reward(s). We’re not transmuting the old rewards or searching the character’s inventory for them, etc. so it doesn’t matter if you sold/salvaged/deleted them.

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Cool. 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I was actually just comming to make a thread on being under whelmed by the rewards from the personal story lol. I avoided any and all spoilers to the personal story because I wanted to go in and finish it as a blank slate. Finally completing it today I open the bags and was looking at items that were so much worse than what I had equipped. I was thinking after all these maybe you'd get to pick a legendary or an exotic at the very least.

For such a long epic story chain the rewards were just so meaningless and insignifivant I was a bit confused lol. Sitting there thinking... "I just trudged all over the continent slaying the undead forces of Zhiatan, gathering an army, slaying him and all I get is this junk?!"

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

What I read is "coming holiday content"... so this confirms we gonna have an halloween event.

Awesome !

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124
    In other words, i gotta fix my main storyline fast (it's at the lvl 73 quest now) before this fix comes in. Then I get both rewards, the bad and the good.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

What I read is "coming holiday content"... so this confirms we gonna have an halloween event.

Awesome !

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Update/first#post350406

There is more than just Halloween coming in October…What those things are? You’ll just have to wait and see, keep an eye on our website and blog for more information in the coming weeks.

• Uzur9Uzur9 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Thanks for the heads up.  
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I just hope the rewards aren't so good that I'll feel like I have to do it.  I hate the -ah nevermind.  Just read my sig :P

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Nice!  Ahh...geeze I have only gotten a small way on the personal story.  Guess I should get started, I'm level 51 or 52 now.