Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: A Living, Breathing, Dynamic World

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The Guild Wars 2 blog has been updated with a new post that gives players a bit of insight into how ArenaNet plans to keep Tyria a living, breathing, dynamic world. To do so, rather than have just one live team, ArenaNet has created several teams to keep the game fresh, constantly updated and much more.

• Live Security Team: Chasing down botters, account hacks and spammers

• Live Response: Addresses balance issues, game bugs, customer feedback

• Living World: Charged with creating new content

• PvP / eSports: Creates a competitive PvP atmosphere and charged with creating new PvP features

• Holidays and Events: Creating new events, both in out of game

• Mac & Performance: Improving the Mac client and making sure GW2 can be played on the widest variety of systems possible

• Bonus teams: The mystery folks created as needed

Read all of the details on the Guild Wars 2 blog.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

Sounds like good news for GW2 players.

They've got a never ending endgame for PvP players, if they can pull off one for PvE players other than the tried and tested gear treadmill, GW2 should be set for a very healthy lifespan.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    As I slowly approach my 100% world completition on my main, I can't wait to see what's coming :)
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Great game but I too am waiting to see what's coming.  They've laid a solid foundation but I'm ready to drop down some cash on an expansion if is to add some features to the game.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    GW2 doesn't have a world :z All instanced and zoned up with a shit ton of loasing screens.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by tixylix
    GW2 doesn't have a world :z All instanced and zoned up with a shit ton of loasing screens.

A "World" isn't exclusive to being seamless.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    is it bad to say i am in pandaland since its out and will not come back to GW2 till it has more content? i do not like grinding so i reached lvl80 and saw no alternative but to stop playing now and come back in a few months. Good thing is i dont have to pay again to play  it....

Just my 2 cents...

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Shaike
    is it bad to say i am in pandaland since its out and will not come back to GW2 till it has more content? i do not like grinding ...

really?..LOL.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    is it bad to say i am in pandaland since its out and will not come back to GW2 till it has more content? i do not like grinding so i reached lvl80 and saw no alternative but to stop playing now and come back in a few months. Good thing is i dont have to pay again to play  it....

my color is blue

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

wait a second so you telling that WoW have more content and dont have the grind? :D

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Sweet, this is awesome news!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    That is very good news.  Especially that there will be so many teams focused on keeping the game running smoothly.  Yet another good decision by Anet, IMO.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

"i am in pandaland"

"i do not like grinding"

???????????????????????????????????

Why did you run through GW2 so fast?  I'm enjoying the scenery and puzzles.  Not feeling a grind at all.  And not 80 yet.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Awesomeness!

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I'd have to say sack the Live response team, they certainly aren't doing their job, day in day out the same skill points are bugged (after being supposedly fixed).

I enjoy the game, and I'm looking forward to what they have in mind for the future, but come on Anet pull your finger out and get these bugs squashed.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I like GW2 a lot, but I don't consider an MMO a fully living world unless it has some sort of housing.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Sounds like what just about every MMO does...
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I like GW2 a lot, but I don't consider an MMO a fully living world unless it has some sort of housing.

Or until they get rid of instances.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

"Live Security Team: Chasing down botters, account hacks and spammers
    Live Response: Addresses balance issues, game bugs, customer feedback"

And they've done a bang up job so far.

Yeah, saying all this is great and all but at the end of the day its currently just all talk.

ArenaNet's response to current issues and introduction of new systems has been sub-par.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Or until they get rid of instances.

On the contrary, they should expand on it. If you can't have one vast world for everyone (either because it'll be barren or the opposite, overpopulated), best server design so far imo is the TSW design. The overfilled zones design is just one step behind the TSW design. They even have some universal systems in place, like the trade/mail/AH system and the whispers system. All they need to do is to allow ports to different servers (strictly in PvE) so you can play with your friends, wherever they may be.

Having multiple copies of a certain zone (as well as having multiple servers with copies of the same world) is not the same as converting the game into a lobby game. WoW moved a lot towards that direction and lost its appeal to me. GW2 doesn't seem to have that problem, maybe because I avoid the dungeons, due to their bad and unfitting to the rest of the game design.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

Apparently they are working on guild/player housing so that's good news for you.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

They already said in one of pre-release Q&As that they do plan to expand on housing. Whether it's going to be more of your home instance or not, we don't know yet.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • adamlin747adamlin747 Member UncommonPosts: 28

Good to hear of new change I hope GW2 does well.  With that said I want to warn anyone else before they waste money buying it, if you are like me in that you like MMO's like EQ, or even EQ2 you will probably not like this game.

It is about giving everthing to you, there is almost nothing really earned and it tries to be less of a themepark but IMO it seems even more so than games like WOW.  The quest hubs are designed by" hearts" instead which the only thing it seems to do different is elimanate a overall story or reason to do anything other than fill up a progress bar.  There is a personal story every few levels but that is about it.  This game isn't very social unless you acitvely search for it, or are in a very social guild because there is almost no reason to group, and there isn't much chatter on the map chats even though the game is packed with people.  To me it seems like a single player RPG Lite where there is only a main story and lots of grinding in between.  Also there is no world pvp just a type of BG's and a Giant BG.  This is all my opinion but I was dissapointed and didn't want anyone who is like me to waste the $$ on it.  I guess I am going back to Eq2. 

On the plus side for those who like a more action oriented gameplay style, with no pure trinity system, have a good guild or dont care much for social aspects or alot of story then this might be for you.  Good graphics, fun combat (even though it feels like this could be for a console with limited combat options could be mapped to a controller) and no major gear grind, in fact most of what you need will eventually pretty much fall in your lap as long as you keep playing, then you will probably love the game.  Best thing about this game IMO is the combat while I don't like the limited choices (you can switch your skills outside of battle but in battle you have a small bar of abilites) the combat was pretty fun, the RPG and MMO just didnt feel like they were really there for me.  So good luck to those who enjoy this game, and for others who are like me you probably shouldnt spend the 60 bucks.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    That's impressive. The price of B2P GW2, just gets better and better: Definitely deserves to be successful.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by tixylix

Ya never did play huh

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

ANet is starting to hype me again.. argh: CJ wrote on the forums: There is more than just Halloween coming in October…What those things are? You'll just have to wait and see, keep an eye on our website and blog for more information in the coming weeks.

And they said their "mysterious teams" are working on something in November too. Now I can't waaaait to see what's this all about.