Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Halloween Plans Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Secret World blog has been updated with a new post detailing the game's Halloween celebrations and how they were devised. According to the TSW team, Halloween is "like our Christmas" so activities will take a bit of a lighter tone to be "like an episode of Buffy". It's a terrific behind-the-scenes look at how special in-game events are created.

The MOST fun thing is definitely the frills. The mission mechanics and functionality is the ‘most important’, but what really gets me excited is thinking up a cool new reward and using you guys in the forums for inspiration and ideas.

Thinking “Wouldn’t it be fun to look like a vampire for awhile?” on Monday and making it happen on Tuesday makes this the best job in the world. Or “If I had a pet cat with tentacles, shouldn’t it sometimes teleport to another dimension?” or “What would a Crowley’s Crunchies candy taste like?” … really, I could keep putting in frills forever, but Halloween’s coming up fast. And then the winter solstice isn’t far after that!

Read the full blog post on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    <3
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    All other MMO's can attempt to have a halloween event, but they will fall horribly short compared to this game LOL!
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Holiday events take too much time and attention away from developers that should be spent elsewhere on the Core game.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by nuttob
    All other MMO's can attempt to have a halloween event, but they will fall horribly short compared to this game LOL!

Sorry but nothing can top The Mad King's Court from GW1. Also Funcom isn't known for great events. So I would say keep low expectations.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Connmacart
    Originally posted by nuttob

Sorry but nothing can top The Mad King's Court from GW1. Also Funcom isn't known for great events. So I would say keep low expectations.

EverQuest 2's Halloween event is also very good tho. One of the best.  SOE always has been very good with live events.

• Mombasa69Mombasa69 Member Posts: 6
    Oh please...
  • Mombasa69Mombasa69 Member Posts: 6
    Seriously though I am looking forward to it!