Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So they remove the "grind" for 2.0?

13»

Comments

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Topherpunch

What did you just say? I read this a few times over and I don't understand this arguement.

Ofcourse you didn`t, you are a WOW clone. You think sandbox and roleplaying are the level of your char.

Sandbox game can be slow if you want them to be slow. If you want to be a pirat with a fleet of ship, it will take time to optain those ships. If your clan is in a lot of sieges, it will take time to optain decent gear all the time. It is not sandbox to macro and AFK swim against a wall for weeks, because that`s what we all did in Darkfall.

You got a thousand games you can kill NPCs, grind epics, grind rep and level your char. Darkfall is a full-loot pvp sandbox mmo, and in a full-loot pvp mmo it is an epic flaw not letting you customers be PVP viable.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Keegar
    Originally posted by corpusc

vertical char progression and PVP should NEVER be mixed.

its fine and good for single player/coop games,

but NEVER PVP

disagree strongly, its an mmorpg after all. nothing wrong with some difference in characters. If you dont want char progression and pvp in one game, play Call of Duty!

why would i play that piece of crap?

if you don't like my opinion, GO READ ANOTHER FORUM!

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I loved the character progression in Darkfall its one of the things that kept me playing for so long...

Sadly as someone else said hacks and exploits made a massive gap between players and coursed a big inbalance..

I hope this time that the characer progression is still there and that it still takes a long time to master everything, but most of all i hope this time get get on top of hackers and expliters and either reset their characters or ban them...

I think the origional Darkfall would have been so much better without the exploiters and hackers.. shame really.

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51

Im pretty sure theres is still going to be some leveling of the skills, they are just going to make it not take a year to get to endgame, probably a month or two to get pvp viable. But after that theres the crafting and the gear making, having to kill mobs, and harvest resources for you not so pvp oriented people. Every clan will need a crafter, gatherer, someone to make the best gear, the best ships, to help you guys progress through the game to get better and stronger. That is your progression.

No one wants to grind mobs for an hour to gain a measly skill point in a spell, it's because of this, and other various bugs and flawed game designs that most of the people quit DF in the first place. When you take a look at EVE (which we all know to be a sandbox), is the endgame not dominating that null sec space, and keeping control over the mob spawns/roid belts? Duking it out with other corps/alliances? This is what darkfall is, taking control of the cities, the hamlets, in hopes to keep control over the mob spawns and resources, to have access to the best farming, fighting with other clans over these is necessary and this is why characters need to take less than a year to be viable, so they aren't useless in the fight.