Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

AR / Pistol Build? Any help please?

DuilyonDuilyon lancaster, PAPosts: 326Member

I'm still a pretty big newbie to this game and am having a good bit of trouble deciding on a build. So far I got both blocks of the pistol area and one set of AR skills. 

I am trying to build somewhat of a support build / damage. But I have hit a wall. Unsure of where I should go with my pistol skills and even my AR. I've been trying to find stuff online but not much on AR / Pistol. Wondering if I should just abandone the idea. 

Any suggestions? 

Comments

• DraronDraron A town in, KYPosts: 993Member

The Solider Deck for Templar is a good base build for AR/Pistol support/damage. Good snares and lot's of AoE damage. You can maybe swap out Sticky Drone with a more support move if you want.

For active's:

Pistol: Sticky Drone, Big Forty Five

Assault Rifle: Hip Fire, Frag Grenade, Tactical Retreat, Razor Wire, Shellshocker

For passive's: 

Pistol: Quick Forty Five, Closer

Assault Rifle: Lucky Bullet, Steady Hip Fire, Explosive Alert, Accuracy, Demolition Man

If your Templar you unlock a nice set of clothing when you unlock the skills too. 

• BefuzinBefuzin SundsvallPosts: 15Member

AR/Pistols works really well together for damage/support and even healing. The problem is that in the beginning you have a very limited amount of skills/passives to choose from. My suggestion would be to focus on the AR as your primary weapon and use the pistols for 1-2 buffs and to suppliment what your lacking with your AR.

Personally I have mostly AR skills (because I like the range) apart from "Big .45" and the pistol buff that gives extra crit chance.

But the best advice would probably be to keep experimenting! Have a look around in the skill wheel.. those passive abilities can make for some really weird/fun hybrid builds!

• DuilyonDuilyon lancaster, PAPosts: 326Member

Thanks a lot! 

I have about 36 AP saved up just waiting for me to figure out what to do with them! I'll link my page if i can figure out how to even find it