Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL WWIIOL trying to use ARMA reference

wwiiol is not ARMA.

ARMA has better graphics.

ARMA is cheaper to play.

ARMA has better frame rate.

ARMA has many different MODS to keep it fun.

wwiiol is still the same game it was 10 years ago minus 1000's of players that have left.

FTP in wwiiol is free but terribly limited and makes you merely a target for long time players

ARMA should sue wwiiol for using their name to try to promote wwiiol.

Comments

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Isn't this game just an old and crappier version of planetside 2?
  • ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    WW2 online predates planetside the original.
  • axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

Think whatever.  Don't bother me mr "novice".

You are correct, stats do not mean a thing.  Stats don't really show what you've done in game.

What's a better show of what is and isn't would be looking at my CC statements over the years and seeing the $4000 I wasted on a game that could not be managed correctly and had idiots running it.

CRS ruined their own game.  That's not on purpose of course, who would do such a thing?  None the less, CRS killed their own baby.

Thats the real fact that is.  That's the one that counts and affects us.

What's yours?  No your main one.

• mauserk43mauserk43 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by axishatr

wwiiol is not ARMA.

ARMA is cheaper to play.

wwiiol is still the same game it was 10 years ago minus 1000's of players that have left.

FTP in wwiiol is free but terribly limited and makes you merely a target for long time players

ARMA uses:

Hit Point System

Allows HACKERS

AXES and HATCHETS that use the Fire arm system because there is no actual  melee ingame(DayZ)

You  wouldn't even know ARMA existed if it wasnt for DayZ mod.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by mauserk43

wwiiol is not ARMA.

ARMA is cheaper to play.

ARMA uses:

Hit Point System

Allows HACKERS

AXES and HATCHETS that use the Fire arm system because there is no actual  melee ingame(DayZ)

are you serious?

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

Where does WW2OL say anything about ARMA?

I'm genuinely intrested. 

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by mrcheapy

Where does WW2OL say anything about ARMA?

I'm genuinely intrested. 

On the Steam Greenlight page a commentor mentioned it, and it was quoted in the long huge gigantic description.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

wwiiol is not ARMA.

ARMA is cheaper to play.

ARMA uses:

Hit Point System

Allows HACKERS

Actually quite a few people knew about ARMA and ARMA II before DayZ, and i'm one of them. Arma is far more a simulator than WWIIOL will ever be, but no one has a decent WW2 simulator.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• kkelly9kkelly9 Member Posts: 6
    all i've ever seen them say is they enjoy games like Arma2.
    Originally posted by kkelly9
    all i've ever seen them say is they enjoy games like Arma2.

No they said its like ARMA right on their steam page and other sites.

Don't use ARMA to compare.  It's not even close.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Darned right - WWIIOL does what it does really well.

Kudos for admitting that ;-)

• ShiperzzShiperzz Member Posts: 17
    Did a dev sleep with your missus or something? When I don't enjoy a game, I don't play it. Find something else to do with your free time.
  • nervinervi Member UncommonPosts: 51

No offence axishatr, but have you still not find a new game in all this time, whining everywhere? I think you and some others are wasting already 5 or 6 years on this?

Yes people, this game is so good, that some people that do not like certain changes, keep whining for years :D

There are not many games, that do this

For the people that do not know this game:

• its worth to try, but do not give up fast, its a bit tricky in the start.
    •  its a game from a small company, that keeps on ignoring all the nah-sayers and still survived.
    •  its STILL unique as it has been for years.
    • its good and of course like all games, it also has things, that are not that good, but who cares? I am not driving a ferrari either, but use a normal car myself, that has things i really dont like. I rather play a game, then not playing and dreaming about fairytales.
    • I have not played much the last few years myself, but I am one of the gold members, so I can login when I want, I never regretted to become a gold member and do my little best to help this brave company CRS.
    •  I spent for 4 a 5 years, weekly tons of hours into this game, I have no clue how much the topicstarter spent, but I doubt its that much :D
    • You can even play it for free a bit nowadays!
    • Oh and try out the HC if you have some time, Personally I liked it 5 years ago better, since the system they used back then, had more support for player teams, but hey, its still fun and unique.
    • Did you think being a guildleader is tough, hehe try out being an High Command Officer.

Just ignore the whining troll here, he is just pathetic and I doubt he even has played other games much.

I am also an experienced eve player (since 2003/2004), played LOTRO, raided in everquest(zones like planes of times(when the max lvl was 60 and not 65)), played combat flight sims like warbirds, aces high, tried perpetuum, auto assault, age of conan a bit.
    I am not posting normally support posts of a game, but this game deserves a better faith, then being nailed down by silly trolls.
    I dare to say, this game is still unique, is worth to try and I make that statement, based on the years of experience I have with other games as well.

Oh yeah, I also played muds like ropmud(rites of passage) and other emlen muds, dutch mountains mud,

• I've played ARMA I and ARMA II - and I've built MODs for ARMA II (published 2).

I've also played WWIIonline since 2001.

I love both games - but ultimately abandoned ARMA for various reasons:

• hit point based damage system - very unrealistic combat effects particularly noticeable for vehicles.
    • populations did not stick with older games - populations would vanish overnight - so you would be stuck until you could scrape together and justify the $60 for the new release.
    • most popular mods - were not necessarily the most satisfying from a combat perspective (compare the difference between a high school basketball team, and an NBA team)
    • game servers have limited populations - were of varying quality - general lack of consistency.
    • Helicopter flight models were good - but fixed wing models were crap.
    While ARMA had promise - from my point of view, it still succumbed to the limitations of all shoebox games: the version of combat these games show (constant hyperactivity and instant action) is not how real battles evolve.  As a result, for me it became a repetition of all the other FPS shoebox games out there.

If you like that kind of game - I have no beef with you.  It's just not for me.
    Originally posted by nervi

No offence axishatr, but have you still not find a new game in all this time, whining everywhere? I think you and some others are wasting already 5 or 6 years on this?

Yes people, this game is so good, that some people that do not like certain changes, keep whining for years :D

There are not many games, that do this

For the people that do not know this game:

• its worth to try, but do not give up fast, its a bit tricky in the start.
    •  its a game from a small company, that keeps on ignoring all the nah-sayers and still survived.
    •  its STILL unique as it has been for years.
    • its good and of course like all games, it also has things, that are not that good, but who cares? I am not driving a ferrari either, but use a normal car myself, that has things i really dont like. I rather play a game, then not playing and dreaming about fairytales.
    • I have not played much the last few years myself, but I am one of the gold members, so I can login when I want, I never regretted to become a gold member and do my little best to help this brave company CRS.
    •  I spent for 4 a 5 years, weekly tons of hours into this game, I have no clue how much the topicstarter spent, but I doubt its that much :D
    • You can even play it for free a bit nowadays!
    • Oh and try out the HC if you have some time, Personally I liked it 5 years ago better, since the system they used back then, had more support for player teams, but hey, its still fun and unique.
    • Did you think being a guildleader is tough, hehe try out being an High Command Officer.

Just ignore the whining troll here, he is just pathetic and I doubt he even has played other games much.

I am also an experienced eve player (since 2003/2004), played LOTRO, raided in everquest(zones like planes of times(when the max lvl was 60 and not 65)), played combat flight sims like warbirds, aces high, tried perpetuum, auto assault, age of conan a bit.
    I am not posting normally support posts of a game, but this game deserves a better faith, then being nailed down by silly trolls.
    I dare to say, this game is still unique, is worth to try and I make that statement, based on the years of experience I have with other games as well.

Oh yeah, I also played muds like ropmud(rites of passage) and other emlen muds, dutch mountains mud,

Played 9 years everyday for at least 10 hours most of that time.  Played under 4 accounts at one time all on allied side.  Had double tow accounts and one that I used to train people with so stats on that one didn't matter.  I was a squad leader, trainer, HC officer, special events leader, TS help channel support, and much more.  Really don't mean a thing.

I played up until I found out they used WWIIOL money given to them from builders supporting WWIIOL and used it to develope RA and other crap without disclosing it.  They ignored WWIIOL IN GAME ISSUES because their dev. crew were working 24/7 on this RA deal as a last ditch effort to try to save this "brave little company".  Ever wonder why your builder money was wasted on a quick shooter game when you probably signed up to help your little company run WWIIOL...fix the in game bugs that existed THEN and help pay the employees there THEN? 

Don't try to tell me how much I've played or what I've done for the game in the past.  I played and was current up to this new pricing matrix/trap they done.  That was the last straw for my paying account.  No strings for me and I won't support this company, no matter the size, any more.

So I'm happy you were a GOLD member.  I wonder if you ever got extra CTD's for all that donation?  Do you know that your GOLD status will be expiring with their new pricing?  Didn't get that memo yet did you?  It's coming....

They gag, and belittle people and this is what they get from it.  A pissed PREVIOUS customer.  I am no different then you, the trolling pixie dust of happiness guy.  You have your say and I have mine.  I however, didn't mention anything about U or your kind.....until now.

I see you are standing up for a game you said you haven't played much in the last several years or so.  Why did you quit playing?  Like a lot of people here, positive and negative, most are really not playing much.  Funny that one quote from stug from a "new player" that had his name listed actually wasn't even playing now and was a month old. 

No one is sticking around much.  F2P are just position fillers and something for deep pocket WWIIOL drone players to shoot at.  There wasn't enough interest to keep WWIIOL alive....support further developement of RA.....keep Chine up and running (hey china...thanks for stealing the coding and making all those cheats that CRS has to fight now) then or now.  WWIIOL has never been in the "black" (quote from DOC himself) and now its even worse.

They don't support current players that stuck it out through all their crap.  No, they offer lower prices for losers that left long ago or noobs they are trying to trick into paying long term.  Typical crap on your customers crs move.

Log in guys....go look for yourself.  And then leave in time you don't get hosed and muzzled when you see what kind of mess it really is. 

Don't post pixie dust positive crap and then tell us you haven't played really in years.........

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

ArmA and ArmA2 are very well known among milsim fans.

In fact it is so well known and accurate to reality that a few armed forces in the world uses VBS2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2 which uses ArmA's engine for their simulator to train soldiers in combined operations.