Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z- Will you buy for the beta?

So I just checked my email and found this:

I'm pretty excited for this game as a big zombie apocalypse fan, and I'll probably be throwing my money at the screen as soon as I get my paycheck.

But I'm curious, are the rest of you going to do the same? And if not, why not?

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    nope. without a trial of atleast 48hrs full game time. i wont spend a dime on it.  too many games now days are gimics and full of fail. it would be like buying a brand new mcdonalds cheese burger without ever seeing what it looks like or anything.  wind up either getting a diamond or getting a load of cowpies.. 
  • DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Permadeath/24- 48 hours death WITH full PVP? No thanks, i'll leave this game to the sadistics and masochists.
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

I'm done with the whole pre-purchase / pre-order for beta access gimmick.   

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    No

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Drakaden
    Permadeath/24- 48 hours death WITH full PVP? No thanks, i'll leave this game to the sadistics and masochists.

If you're going to be condescending, at least insult the people you're attempting to scoff at properly. :/

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    From what I can find the permadeath/deathban (both of which I'm not a huge fan of) are not, at the moment, a confirmed feature, and also players can run their own servers (well, technically off of the game's servers) with their own rules, so I don't see huge problems of "I DON'T WANNA PLAY HARDCORE!"
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    The game looks like shit, I mean the guns have as much kick back as a pea shooter. To me they looked at COD more than Dayz, At least Dayz being apart of Arma 2 has good gun feel.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

First thing I noticed is it'll have a cash shop. You can purchase in game currency? Not my type of game. I'll still keep an eye on it for a bit though.

To answer the question. I am done with pre-purchases. I have for so many MMO's and other games. Usually the benefits are over shadowed by a bland game, or they are useless. 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

NO I will not buy in to play a beta that is just crazy.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Bought it the minute I got home from work 21 minutes ago.

I'm still not happy with how you have to wait for 24 hours to play the same character when you die.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

First of all I am done with pre-ordering anything.

Secondly playing a survival game with even convenience cash shop does not have any sense for me.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    I will wait and see how the game plays on other peoples computers and not in set up videos and how the cash shop works before commiting to anything.