Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is an EKSA game

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Do the bartle test

Personally i think the game suits anything thats high on Exploration or killing for a very very long time,  THe sociallising part totally depends on your server/guild, i am very happy with mine. But i foresee that many of the archeivers will sooner then later leave the game behind only to return at the next Expansionpack.

I am an ESKA 80% 53% 53% 13%  and thats why i adore this game, it fits my playing style really really well.

My results are:

Still I don't get much fun from exploring in GW2 and don't play it much anymore.

Someone would ask : "why you don't - it is game created for explorers!"

Thing is I don't get fun when there are more than absolute minimal markers, po-ups and teleporters in game.

Sure there are things in GW2 that are not shown and you have to find yourself without game help, but that's not good enough for me.  

I loved roaming in in example UO (and propably would love SWG if I would know know about this game in it's time), marking and selling runes for teleportation to most remote / hard to get locations, finding monsters, things, etc that would increase my power or make me wealthy, interacting with people in enviroment without helpers/ markers. Making trips to remote locations in group which were adventure because of no teleports.

I don't get much that in GW 2 or I get it in more casual / easier version.

I get I loved when exploration was rewarding you not only with nice views but also with real rewards.

Someone could say: but you get xp for exploring or chests with things like cooking supplies. Yeah. but I don't care about xp as I don't care about fast levelling and crafting in GW2 is well too basic and not having enough impact on the game that I would care about it.

So i could try to turn off all markers make my GW2 experience striclty personal like single player game and don't care about rewards other than just seeing nice views and I tried that but it does not really fun for me.  First of all I don't play mmorpg's for purely solo experience (exploring in GW2 does not impact mmo parts of gameplay for me, like finding great spot for house, finding rare spawn or rare resource or great item - does not impact economy much as well).

Secondly for purely personal single player exploring TESO games or even old Fallout 1 & 2 games gave much more fun for me.

I am NOT bashing game and I am happy that it give so much fun for some part of explorers 'community' just simply expressing my views on it.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Competitive PvP is not something that killers do. GW2 is a very anti-killer game, with an extreme focus on cooperative gameplay outside of rigid PvP systems. Even WvW presents a weak avenue for killers.

Today, killers are often considered griefers, especially in a PvE-focused environment.
    In games like UO and EVE, killing players for fun and profit is a completely valid way of playing the game, and thus not labeled as griefing except by the ones who get buttmad over it.

The test was written for MUDs where each of the four types of players are heavily present. With full PvP enabled, killers roam around to ruin other players' fun; with a vast world of fanciful text, there was plenty for explorers to find that many players never would; with powerful monsters to kill and loot to find, there was a lot for achievers to gain; and with such a daunting game overall, socializers would just use the whole thing as a glorified chat room.

In modern games, systems are in place to prevent players from harming each other without consent, quests guide you across the entire world and directly to the best loot, and you can socialize over Vent with your guild while you play.

The four types still apply in certain ways, but the test is completely irrelevant. It wasn't even written by Richard Bartle.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

A(87) K(53) S(33) E(27)

It explains why I got bored with GW2 after buying my yellow gear. :(

Apparently I need some sort of gear progression treadmill to keep me playing an MMO.  That's why I love leveling as I'm always progressing and getting new and improved gear.  I was never one to do dungeons for fun, I like other types of games more than MMO's for pure fun.  But those games don't give me things that upgrading gear and leveling provide.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Yeah, that test was bullocks. Too many questions amounted to me picking the option I had the least aversion to...

E: 80% - S: 60% - A: 40% - K: 20%

Funny enough though I do enjoy me some PvP more and more often lately. The test can't really acount for mood-driven individual gameplay.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Xasapis

That trivia makes me look more balanced that I probably am. I'm also entirely focused in GW2 in the activity I"m not supposed to be, ie PvP.

67% achiever, 60% explorer, 60% social, 13% killer.

What does that mean?

Well to slighty misquote someone: "That the test cannot tell you who you are."

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

S(73%) E(53%) K(47%) A(27%)

Interesting lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Test is a bit... poor to me. Killer though honestly PvP is a back seat behind PvE to me. So few choices and many make me go 'I'd do neither?" 

Truthfully though, don't get what real link there is between the test and the game. 

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

In gw2 you re not rewarded for doing what you like, you are rewarded for completing a check list.
    I still don't understand how GW2 can be any good for _mostly_ exploration orientated players?

GW2 is for progress, checkbox, archievers. And the reward system pretty much makes it clear.

I'm a explorer and i couldn't give a *star about those "points of interests" sitting undiscovered 10 meters next to me (while i've bugged along a higher mountain ridge).

Vistas and POIs are for archivers.
    The Daily and Monthly rewards speak the same language = archivers.

If anything, GW2 managed to kill the least bit of Themepark exploration. Last time i checked exploration wasn't about enclosed zones with a checklist for map completion. Everywhere are invisible walls either, and sadly the kind which does not protect my character from falling offworld (which is ok), but keeping me away to get on a small mountain in the middle of the zone :/.

It's sometimes ridiculous how many time got put in to prevent you to actually get a nice view while allowing only a narrow corridor for their precious "Vistas".

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Your talking a load of rubbish. Your whole post boils down to 'it has invisible walls'. I levelled all the way to 80 by primarily exploring, it is well accepted by the gaming community that enjoys gw2 that this is the case. As for checklists, why on earth do you have checklists, you are approaching gaming in the wrong manner. If you don't like the game, mooooove on.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Put it another way. Name a game that has better exploration. I can think of daoc only perhaps. Let's here some positive thought.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Haha, love you fanboy hater trolls.
    How about you get a doze of reading comprehension and stop imagine things i didn't say?
    I don't play by checkboxes, i don't have 100% map exploration despite having been everywhere. *hint hint* And i pretty much like my GW2, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.

Maybe when you stop doing checkboxes and call it exploration you may realize what went wrong.

I fully understand how you managed to level to 80 by pretending to explore while all you did was checkboxes and killing a few DEs. Like anyone would give a *star about beeing lvl 80 or not through exploration. It's about that steep mountain, not about the xp reward for a POI.

When someone takes the time to deliberly place invisible walls around a building just so you can't get atop from the ridge (i'm not talking about zone borders but in the middle of the map, while giving XP out for the much lesser watherfall next to you, - it stinks.

Your whole post reeks of misguided effort. GW2 actually managed to make archivers believe they are explorers, gotta give them that.

I'm not some young silly boy, when I say I explored I mean I explored. Your perception does not correspond to everyone else's perception.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    E (93%) K (67%) S (33%) A (27%)
  • OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35
    E (80%)  S (60%)  A (33%)  K (27%)
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Something I find interesting to see: which people received similar scores.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    E (67%)  K (67%)  A (33%)  S (33%)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's interesting to see most people who like the game are low on the acheiver score.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Explorer - 73%

Achiever - 53%

Killer - 53%

Socializer - 20%

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

According to the history, everyones an Acheiver lol

Our goal is to acheive!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Explorer    87%

Achiever    73%

Socializer  27%

Killer          13%

Hmm looks like everyone is an explorer.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

When I took this test a while back. It listed me as a KESA. Things change. Times change. I took the test again and now I'm a EKSA (Explorer: 73%, Killer: 73%, Socializer: 27%, Achiever: 27%).

Seems I'm interchangeable between a Killer-Explorer and an Explorer-Killer.

Naturally I am enjoying Guild Wars 2 immensely. Especially WvW.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

ESKA here and truly loving this game since beta. I love the exploration here.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

According to the history, everyones an Acheiver lol

Our goal is to acheive!

Really?

My goal is to have fun and make friends, 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

A - 60%

S - 60%

E - 47%

K - 33%

Seems pretty spot on, in my case.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

EASK

60/60/53/40

I think this is pretty accurate for me.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club