Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daniel Erickson is leaving BioWare

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

SWG 2.0 is not coming... Get used to it:)

PS. Lots of people like SWTOR, me included. The pessimism around the game sure taking it's toll though.

PS2. And as nothing interests you in SWTOR I have no interest in anything GW2 delivers. We all like different things. Lets all get along /grin

I am waiting on SWG 2.0 as well

When people keep going on about it, and it keeps being the most wanted game to make a come back, it will happen

Bioware are dead though, they are never coming back

EA should see about getting SWG back up an operating somehow, then they would get their money back for SWTOR a lot faster! ;)

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by superniceguy

Bioware are dead though, they are never coming backEA should see about getting SWG back up an operating somehow, then they would get their money back for SWTOR a lot faster! ;)

This is the kind of warped thinking, that makes many non-hardcore SWG vets look sometimes at those SWG vets as some weird cult where people haven't exactly all their marbles fitted neatly in their heads. BW dead? SWG being some cash cow? Lol, sorry, but no. Maybe in Neverland but not in the real world. EQ classic servers never did as well, even with hordes of people constantly stating how eager they'd be to play those oldschool MMO's, far more than current MMO's. I'm expecting nothing differently from the piners for other MMO's like SWG.

The best MMORPG for those that want to complain about current MMO's will always and ever be the ones that aren't around anymore. Nothing beats memory.
    Originally posted by smh_alot

EA should see about getting SWG back up an operating somehow, then they would get their money back for SWTOR a lot faster! ;)

This is the kind of warped thinking, that makes many non-hardcore SWG vets look sometimes at those SWG vets as some weird cult where people haven't exactly all their marbles fitted neatly in their heads. BW dead? SWG being some cash cow? Lol, sorry, but no. Maybe in Neverland but not in the real world. EQ classic servers never did as well, even with hordes of people constantly stating how eager they'd be to play those oldschool MMO's, far more than current MMO's. I'm expecting nothing differently from the piners for other MMO's like SWG.

The best MMORPG for those that want to complain about current MMO's will always and ever be the ones that aren't around anymore. Nothing beats memory.

Did you not see the news that The Doctors and now Daniel Erickson has left? Without them, Bioware will NEVER be the same, and Bioware will slowly fade away and just be EA employees

Nothing beats game features, devs are just lazy and do not put in enough gameplayin MMOs these days. New single player games can be better /just as good as old games with memories

[mod edit]

Bioware did not just get created with SWTOR, they have been around for many years. This is not normal

There will NEVER be a decent game by Bioware of the same calibre ever again.  Up until Dragon Age 2, all their games were masterpieces and that was all down to the people who have now left the company.

The best thing for SWTOR is for it to get shut down,  or forrever stay in maintenance mode, as if it carries on going, and gets chopped and changed for the worse, it will ruin the game and the memories of Bioware good and proper.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

SWG 2.0 will come, Get use to it :). Look at all the people who play minecraft, why is it so darn addicting? Cause it doesnt give a damn about ultimate modern graphics and cares more about sandbox play. Sandbox with 2004 graphics>Themepark with current modern graphics imho.

I'll end that discussion there, anyway Daniel Erickson picked the right choice to leave EA :). I would leave an arrogant company too.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    The people most responsible for the failure that was the final product have left the company.  Big shock there.  BW never should have made an MMO.  They clearly didn't understand the genre.

its all EAs fault bud

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
    Originally posted by defector1968
    The people most responsible for the failure that was the final product have left the company.  Big shock there.  BW never should have made an MMO.  They clearly didn't understand the genre.

its all EAs fault bud

Its also LA too.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Atrocitus

He had this coming. Hes one of the main reasons, amongst many else, for the failure that SWTOR is.

Good riddance...

Next up hopefully is Jimbo Ohlen. These two guys were principal catalysts in SWTORs mediocrity....

Amen

Hopefully this experience has humbled them some. The sheer amount of arrogance was astounding IMO. Bioware made some decent games back in the day. But seems like they got a bit too full of themselves and thought any half assed game with the bioware name on it was a recipe for instant success.

Originally posted by jdnewell

He had this coming. Hes one of the main reasons, amongst many else, for the failure that SWTOR is.

Good riddance...

Next up hopefully is Jimbo Ohlen. These two guys were principal catalysts in SWTORs mediocrity....

Amen

Hopefully this experience has humbled them some. The sheer amount of arrogance was astounding IMO. Bioware made some decent games back in the day. But seems like they got a bit too full of themselves and thought any half assed game with the bioware name on it was a recipe for instant success.

wrong....those guys were working on a different part of the game. it's not their fault that ur wanted features arent in. It's someone else.

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Jonoku

its all EAs fault bud

Its also LA too.

yes and that too EA and LA

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Leoghan
    Honestly, based on some of his comments and decisions, it would have been better for the game had he left sooner in my opinion. 

I wholly agree. He was a significant part of the problem.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

its all EAs fault bud

EA might be Evil Corporate Overlords, but never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Heh. If people really think that SWTOR or BW will be gone soon like within a year or so, they should bet some serious money on it. But I think none will do that, bc deep down they know it's more wishful thinking than a realistic belief that those'll cease to exist anytime soon.

It's a bad bet on your part, because BioWare is already gone.  EA bought BioWare in 2007.  BioWare has lost all it's core personell that actually separated BioWare from what people used to remember (mostly recently, but some notables in the past 2 years).  All the vacancies are now filled with EA employees.

Taking bets that BioWare will be gone soon? lol get with the program, BioWare is already gone.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Heh. If people really think that SWTOR or BW will be gone soon like within a year or so, they should bet some serious money on it. But I think none will do that, bc deep down they know it's more wishful thinking than a realistic belief that those'll cease to exist anytime soon.

It's a bad bet on your part, because BioWare is already gone.  EA bought BioWare in 2007.  BioWare has lost all it's core personell that actually separated BioWare from what people used to remember (mostly recently, but some notables in the past 2 years).  All the vacancies are now filled with EA employees.

Taking bets that BioWare will be gone soon? lol get with the program, BioWare is already gone.

I will def take your bet that BW is currently gone and no longer exists.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

Good riddance...

Agreed...His comments on Space alone made me dislike the guy immensely...image

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by KyngBills

Good riddance...

Agreed...His comments on Space alone made me dislike the guy immensely...image

I feel less petty now, cause I really hated that guy for his smug ass comments on space lol.  They have a recent quote from him where he talks about how excited he is for swtor's upcoming space thing, but it's too late lol

Originally posted by Jonoku
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Is there anyone left at bioware?

Just failEA employees in bioware studios.

Bieware ruined that game, not EA. Hopefully EA hires people that actually worked on MMO's to replace all of bioware's employees.

PS. Lots of people like SWTOR, me included. The pessimism around the game sure taking it's toll though.

PS2. And as nothing interests you in SWTOR I have no interest in anything GW2 delivers. We all like different things. Lets all get along /grin

I am waiting on SWG 2.0 as well

When people keep going on about it, and it keeps being the most wanted game to make a come back, it will happen

I don't think swg 2.0 will ever happen, but I do hope a game comes along and decides to copy most of it's fundamental game processes. What I'm trying to get at, is I want swg 2.0, but I would take a knock off, even a new I.P. Right now, Repopulation has promise, but its an indie, so it will never have the money to go all out unfortunately.

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Its amazing actually....

I thought I was an anomaly concerning Dannyboy Erickson and my feelings towards him. The more I read gamers opinions on him, the more I see the general consensus regarding him was negative....

DId anyone see his 'bio' pose where hes dressed up in a ghetto tux with a daisy or whatever in his pocket???   LMAO

Check the expression on his face..Its like he's trying to appear, well...um   sophisticated and debonair? BAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem sorry.....

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Its amazing actually....

I thought I was an anomaly concerning Dannyboy Erickson and my feelings towards him. The more I read gamers opinions on him, the more I see the general consensus regarding him was negative....

DId anyone see his 'bio' pose where hes dressed up in a ghetto tux with a daisy or whatever in his pocket???   LMAO

Check the expression on his face..Its like he's trying to appear, well...um   sophisticated and debonair? BAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem sorry.....

No but that's quite a way to shame him, I must say.  Apparently you need to ifind a way to put hum down (and promote EA). grats?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

If that's your criterium, then as good as all game companies are gone, or other companies as well for that matter, bc you'll always have people leaving and joining in the course of time. If that's your criterium, then you could say Blizzard is gone, when the majority of the key players that made their games like D2, Starcraft and WC3 were gone when 2005-2006 came around.

I'm talking about actually being gone, in the real world. A company is more than a few people. Blizzard isn't gone simply bc the Blizzard that some people knew from the past has changed and seen a number of their key people leave, and the same applies for Bioware. If you don't see them making games as Mass Effect series or Dragon Age anymore, or they all turn out to be like DA2, and BW gets integrated and loses its name like Mythic did, then you can say it's gone.

Anything else is just hyperbolic sentimentality, but then again, we see enough of that around on these forums anyway, so wouldn't be a big surprise, many MMO gamers are bit of a chronic dramaqueens anyway.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

If that's your criterium, then as good as all game companies are gone, or other companies as well for that matter, bc you'll always have people leaving and joining in the course of time. If that's your criterium, then you could say Blizzard is gone, when the majority of the key players that made their games like D2, Starcraft and WC3 were gone when 2005-2006 came around.

I'm talking about actually being gone, in the real world. A company is more than a few people. Blizzard isn't gone simply bc the Blizzard that some people knew from the past has changed and seen a number of their key people leave, and the same applies for Bioware. If you don't see them making games as Mass Effect series or Dragon Age anymore, or they all turn out to be like DA2, and BW gets integrated and loses its name like Mythic did, then you can say it's gone.

Anything else is just hyperbolic sentimentality, but then again, we see enough of that around on these forums anyway, so wouldn't be a big surprise, many MMO gamers are bit of a chronic dramaqueens anyway.

thats is not his criterium dude, its a thing called reality, a company is just as good as the ppl working for them. Also there is nothing sentimentalist of hyperbolic just simple reason and logic. dont be an azz.

Blizzard are pretty much like EA or SOE or LA, they have varying quality

Bioware was a dedicated small team on its own, pumping out top class game after top class game, because they cared at one point about their games. Now that team is gone, even if there are more Dragon Ages and Mass Effects, the quality will not be so certain, but EA probably will still use the Bioware name, to enhance their sales.

The Sims were originally developed my Maxis with EAs name on it, and now is just called The Sims Studio and is all EA, with Maxis no where in sight

Bioware is as dead as Anakin Skywalker when he bacame Darth Vader

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

So very true. With the way some of them go on and on week in and week out on the same subject you would think the end of days has arrived. Even bible thumpers don't dramatize and beat a horse this much.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm not a wow fan
    And I'm definetly not a diablo 3 fan.

But its unfair to lump blizzard in with ea. Blizzard don't around buying up good games companies and turning them to shit.