Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any expansion/updates worth mentioning?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Everyone keeps saying, "Where's the new next big game?"  But sometimes the old games get expansions or updates that make them rock all.  Any one's game have an update coming you are anticipating?

I'm sharing only one.  For me  Werewolves are coming to Forsaken World (use Google Chrome translate to view China link) in about six months.

Comments

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

As taboo as WoW is around here, Mists of Pandaria is by far the best expansion the game has seen. They streamlined crafting to make leveling a profession much less painful going through the older ranks. Getting to max level in the profession isn't 99% of what the craft is about anymore either, but more emphasis is placed on the endgame portion of crafting.

Questing in MoP is very nice, and a wide variety of daily quest hubs reminds me a lot of Burning Crusade. Which is nice since there is now more content than just raiding. Additionally, being able to grow your own cooking ingredients via your own farm is neat, even if it feels a bit too much like a mini-game. The 5 man dungeons I have done are fun, and don't feel boring like the Cataclysm ones did for me. Being able to complete scenarios with as little as 3 people is really nice too.

Finally, the Monk class is very good as well. I have taken mine from 1-88 over the past week and a half now, and have had a blast leveling him. They aren't overpowered like Death Knights were at WotLK release, and aside from a few tweaks here and there, all specs feel like they are in a good place.

I wasn't super happy with the changes to the Talent tree, but as always, it can be dealt with. I forsee many tweaks to their new talent system to make more of the choices difficult and interesting.

All in all, I haven't had this much fun in WoW for a very long time. I wasn't expecting much, so it was a nice surprise.

• DuluDulu Member UncommonPosts: 58

That's amazing!

The problem with WoW, was that it wasn't "streamlined and easy" enough already!

Pandas and more pandering to casuals is exactly what that game needed, thumbs up from Dulu!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    alot of expansions are due this fall WOW, RIFT, EQ1, EQ2, LOTRO but none have me enthusiastic about them
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

LOTRO could be interesting; they are introducing mounted combat and it's available to everyone including F2P folks.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Everyone keeps saying, "Where's the new next big game?"  But sometimes the old games get expansions or updates that make them rock all.  Any one's game have an update coming you are anticipating?

I'm sharing only one.  For me  Werewolves are coming to Forsaken World (use Google Chrome translate to view China link) in about six months.

Dang, I read Forsaken World as The Secret World. :(

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Dulu

That's amazing!

The problem with WoW, was that it wasn't "streamlined and easy" enough already!

Pandas and more pandering to casuals is exactly what that game needed, thumbs up from Dulu!

Yeah, because having hard to farm materials for recipes that are 2-3 expansions old is ok though right? Blizzard is catering to who the MAJORITY is, they know which side of their bread is buttered.