Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give us Skyrim MMO!

Make please Skyrim mmo! With same graphic and same world., same skills, combat,everything same. Just give mmo option with clans pvp. I want finally  one realistic and brutal mmo with super awesome Skyrim graphic. Mortal online was on good path but failed totally. Are developers blind or what?

Comments

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Its very unplausible, peoples CPU's would explode if MMO's had graphics similar to skyrim, all the processing would be astonishing. If your looking for that combat, check out darkfall.

The thing is it isn't as simple as porting skyrim into a multiplayer game, it would most likely suck. The world is small in terms of an MMO, it would look awkward having 1000 nords running around doing w/e. It would need to expand and be refined.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Make please Skyrim mmo! With same graphic and same world., same skills, combat,everything same. Just give mmo option with clans pvp. I want finally  one realistic and brutal mmo with super awesome Skyrim graphic. Mortal online was on good path but failed totally. Are developers blind or what?

Skyrim wouldnt transition to an MMO very well.  The things that do transition well (except player housing) is being made into TESO.

TESO will have:

• the entire world of Tamriel not jsut Skyrim
    • the skills will be the same but placed in a class system *at least we will get t ochose what skills we use and get complete total freedom of what weapons we use.
    • TES combat is arguably the worst part, clicking is bad compared to hotbar based combat.
    • TES will continue to be an open world where you see soemthing off in the distance and go and explore.  Complete with TES style "world compass".

The good things are making the cut the things that cant be converted into an MMO will not.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Skyrim wouldnt transition to an MMO very well.  The things that do transition well (except player housing) is being made into TESO.

TESO will have:

• the skills will be the same but placed in a class system *at least we will get t ochose what skills we use and get complete total freedom of what weapons we use.
    • TES combat is arguably the worst part, clicking is bad compared to hotbar based combat.
    • TES will continue to be an open world where you see soemthing off in the distance and go and explore.  Complete with TES style "world compass".

The good things are making the cut the things that cant be converted into an MMO will not.

Cmon! Thats not true! Everyone is already sick from  button pushing. It is possible to have same combat in mmo, mortal online have the same but game is to buged.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I understand what you mean despite some core concepts not being practical in a mmo.

In general though this type of mmo is currently  impossible due to a more or less industry wide lack of inspiration by developers. We need a team that comes from a hardcore RGP background and not todays crop of  trained from the ground up in video game farms for companies only seeking quarterly profits.

A designer or even GM of a RPG knows the world they create is limitless and driven by it's players. Current mmo developers create games with subsystems and mechanics designed to bottle up and limit players within defined parameters. This is a fundamental difference between sandbox and thempark. It isn't easily defined but it starts with the very first vision of the game you want to make.

Players have to truly get behind the developers who share their vision and stop throwing their money at crap they continue to complain about yet continue playing.

You stay sassy!

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Honestly, and this isn't a jab to anyone, but I think with GW2's release, the MMO market has all but snuffed out the sandbox players.
    Originally posted by Goll25

Its very unplausible, peoples CPU's would explode if MMO's had graphics similar to skyrim, all the processing would be astonishing. If your looking for that combat, check out darkfall.

The thing is it isn't as simple as porting skyrim into a multiplayer game, it would most likely suck. The world is small in terms of an MMO, it would look awkward having 1000 nords running around doing w/e. It would need to expand and be refined.

Well you can make same as War Z., 200-300 players per serve. There is no Lore in Darkfall it is soulless game

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by TigerAero
    Honestly, and this isn't a jab to anyone, but I think with GW2's release, the MMO market has all but snuffed out the sandbox players.

I personally am seeing more an more players becoming vocal and demanding change in mmo developement largely because of GW2. They are sick of seeing developers thinking the evolution of mmo's is the perfection of thempark games. GW2 is the current epitome of the complete detachment of developers from the rpg origins that created mmorpg's to begin with.

Mmorpg players are sickened by seeing the genre they fell in love with become engineered for mass consumers and receiving watered down, fast food style mmo's designed for casual play and quick bucks through a cash store. Zero investment other than money is what new mmo's require. Mmorpg players want to impact and become invested within a virtual world a not a meaningless player that makes no difference on the world no matter how much they play other than inflating the cash shop coffers for ANet.

This is true for most modern mmo's. You cannot creat towns, influence markets regionally or globally to any real degree or control any part of these worlds through community building and gameplay. They are just playgrounds designed with the same repeatable content created to suck money out of your wallet with no accomplishements or real impact within the world because developers hard code an even playing field for all players to maintain their business model. These aren't virual worlds. They are a collection of mini-games ensuring players don't trip over each other because that would be too "realistic" ...  the very foundation for the concept of a virtual world.

GW2 is flat out the breaking point for many players and truly disheartening to those hoping to see a true mmorpg enter the market once again instead of penny arcade versions of them.

You stay sassy!

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    If they make PvE only servers I'll pay.  Otherwise I'm out.

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by TigerAero

I personally am seeing more an more players becoming vocal and demanding change in mmo developement largely because of GW2. They are sick of seeing developers thinking the evolution of mmo's is the perfection of thempark games. GW2 is the current epitome of the complete detachment of developers from the rpg origins that created mmorpg's to begin with.

Mmorpg players are sickened by seeing the genre they fell in love with become engineered for mass consumers and receiving watered down, fast food style mmo's designed for casual play and quick bucks through a cash store. Zero investment other than money is what new mmo's require. Mmorpg players want to impact and become invested within a virtual world a not a meaningless player that makes no difference on the world no matter how much they play other than inflating the cash shop coffers for ANet.

This is true for most modern mmo's. You cannot creat towns, influence markets regionally or globally to any real degree or control any part of these worlds through community building and gameplay. They are just playgrounds designed with the same repeatable content created to suck money out of your wallet with no accomplishements or real impact within the world because developers hard code an even playing field for all players to maintain their business model. These aren't virual worlds. They are a collection of mini-games ensuring players don't trip over each other because that would be too "realistic" ...  the very foundation for the concept of a virtual world.

GW2 is flat out the breaking point for many players and truly disheartening to those hoping to see a true mmorpg enter the market once again instead of penny arcade versions of them.

Actually in GW2 the player can impact the world more than another themepark,just because the game is full of fluff things and the world is not seamless ,does not mean the game is the epidome of themepark(WoW is actually epidome of themepark).

I don't understand this drama about the lack of triple AAA sandboxes,for the big companies a MMORPG is just a video game that need to keep the players speding money on it(sub or CS),not everybody is nerdy enough to enjoy a sandbox virtual world,people don't care if they can really impact the world or not,i bet like 70% of the WoW population does not know what a sandbox/themepark is. 

on topic:

At least the combat could have been ported to TESO,you already have a SRPG that is a huge sucess and then you create a MMORPG that has nothing to do with SRPG version.  

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

You reailze every NPC in the world would be dead within seconds if you made it like Skyrim?

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    TESO will be nothing more than WoW with a ES skin, just like SWTOR was WoW with a KOTOR skin. Makes me sick, actually.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

The impossibility argument is ridiculous, and if they wanted to find a way to make a Skyrim modeled world in a massively environment, there are ways to make it happen. Hell, a few international developers have been modding Skyrim itself to allow for a massively environment, and from my understanding the world is more than capable of holding a few hundred players at the least. That's without any professional or company programmer, who's familiar with the code or structure, making the system work with the tools they have available. If they can do it, why can't Zenimax?

Because it's easier on resources and management to make a game from the same tired conception than to spend the man power and time that it would require to build something new, that wasn't elementary MMO design coupled with a few gimmicks. That so many people have bought into the impossibility of a Skryim-esque massively world, an excuse or a lie no matter how it's presented? It makes me die a little inside.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Skyrim MMO would be awesome, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

It would not work becouse there would be no balance whatsoever. Many players use balancing mods for enhanced difficulty, or nerf themselves on purpose becouse, if you exploit the game mechanics, you are godly even on master difficulty once you get to certain level.

Now, many elements of Skyrim would be nice to see in MMOs, like proper NPC AI, the combat system or some of its elements, character progression, where you can build you character however you prefer, yet having to make choices, and so on.

I' ve seen some rumours about a possible Fallout MMO. You may get something similar to what you are asking for, OP, you never know.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    TESO will be nothing more than WoW with a ES skin, just like SWTOR was WoW with a KOTOR skin. Makes me sick, actually.

Not precisely.

From earlier information TESO looks more like SWTOR with TES skin................not a good look at all.

And I totally disagree that Skyrim (or Morrowind) do not traslate well as a MMO. To me Skyrim is born to be made a MMO (Morrowind even more so).

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by Pyuk

Not precisely.

From earlier information TESO looks more like SWTOR with TES skin................not a good look at all.

How can you tell? WoW and SWTOR are equally terrible.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    I think what you mean to say is make a game with a world similar to Skyrim theme with it open sandbox look and feel. As for a game Skyrim as a MMO, NEVER.

It would totally ruin the game play.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Wasn't there a mod team working on making Skyrim multiplayer?

Haven't heard much progress on it, but I don't know.

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

The impossibility argument is ridiculous, and if they wanted to find a way to make a Skyrim modeled world in a massively environment, there are ways to make it happen. Hell, a few international developers have been modding Skyrim itself to allow for a massively environment, and from my understanding the world is more than capable of holding a few hundred players at the least. That's without any professional or company programmer, who's familiar with the code or structure, making the system work with the tools they have available. If they can do it, why can't Zenimax?

Because it's easier on resources and management to make a game from the same tired conception than to spend the man power and time that it would require to build something new, that wasn't elementary MMO design coupled with a few gimmicks. That so many people have bought into the impossibility of a Skryim-esque massively world, an excuse or a lie no matter how it's presented? It makes me die a little inside.

Thats right, i didn't say it should be the size of single players Skyrim. They can make huge world maybe 10xSkyrim SP. I still can't see where is the problem to make game like that. Only problem is stupidity of game developers. They can't understand that with copy of wow you can't beat wow because he is dominant on that kind of play field. Mortal online have that kind of ''Skyrim'' concept but it is poorly made game

Originally posted by gordiflu

It would not work becouse there would be no balance whatsoever. Many players use balancing mods for enhanced difficulty, or nerf themselves on purpose becouse, if you exploit the game mechanics, you are godly even on master difficulty once you get to certain level.

Now, many elements of Skyrim would be nice to see in MMOs, like proper NPC AI, the combat system or some of its elements, character progression, where you can build you character however you prefer, yet having to make choices, and so on.

I' ve seen some rumours about a possible Fallout MMO. You may get something similar to what you are asking for, OP, you never know.

Hmmm.. That could be nice to :)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

TESO will have:

I think you'll find many that would disagree with you. I and many others liked TES's combat system. And not many of the good things have made the cut and the things that could be converted over into an MMO are being neglected and we are getting standard fare instead.

What exactly do you think couldn't be done in an MMO?

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    • TES will continue to be an open world where you see soemthing off in the distance and go and explore. 

Unless the 'something off in the distance' is in another factions area, then you are shit out of luck and need to roll an alt to reach it. Sound really fucking open world, amirite?

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    All of the elder scrolls games were designed so the player became god like and could lay waste to towns of npc's. Obviously elder scrolls online will not have the same over powered progression. At the end of the day though it seems that the op is just asking for a less buggy version of mo/dfo with better graphics and more pve. Sounds good to me!
    5-10Xsize of Skyrim, 200-300 players per server, clan pvp, death for 24h like it will be in war z so you can really feel adrenaline and  you get rid of to many players. It can be done, nothing is impossible
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

When we have games like Raiderz, Tera, DDO, Mount & Blade (and now War of the Roses), Planetside1/2, and their kin, which are multiplayer games driven by more action oriented play, I am really incapable of buying the 'can't be done' argument.

Are there aspects that need to be changed for multiplayer? Yes.

But does it have to be that drastic? No.

Take for example the whole 'player balance thing. They can still let players train up every skill path in the game, the thing is limiting the choices at playtime so they aren't just vomiting a rainbow of skills 24/7. 

It couls work as specializations. Each school becomes something that you have to pick a few to be your primary and secondary, the rest you will not have access to their abilities, or are locked out of the higher tier skills. When you setup your character you slot the ones you wish to train and have at it, want to play something different? Reslot.

The point is that they can have technical access to all abilities, but they need to train them up and only gain access to them individually. That way at playtime they are controlled in the variety they can employ.

Flatten the amount of vertical progress gained versus unlocking more variety and tweaks and you can keep disparity in 'skill vs time' to a mimimum as well for competitive play.

Graphics? Well the performance of the graphics has less to do with how fancy they are as much as Bethesda just isn't that great at getting good performance out of them. Aside from optimizations to the graphical performance I do think there's some tweaks they could do to the way they create graphics that would halep as well.

One being they don't tend to work the angles. For some reason they just seem to have a hard time hiding the polygons, and as a result anything they want curved will always end up either with a lot of polys, or a brick. Character models as well I feel have this habit of using considerably more polygons than is necessary to make a good looking model.

And they really need to clean up how they store and load stuff. It's not clean within the engine and there's too many ways to easily mess something up. :p

Aside from that, they can also handle how the world is segmented differently. The two things that come to mind is, well...

1 - I'm not really that averse to phasing. Creating several versions of elements that can be tied to a zone and changed in and out as the players complete certain activities gives a bit more liveliness to the world. However, it also segregates it in some awkwards ways at times. I think there are little details that would be invaluable to use phasing for, but I have no concrete examples right now.

2 - This one is more important to me. World space portals. I don't mean instance portals. I mean the things capable of generating what is known as non-euclidean geometry. For example when you look at a hut and enter it to find out the interior is notably larger than would reasonably fit from the outside.

They are portals build to bridge separate zone components in the game world into an apparently seamless environment.

What this does is allow for some of those little habits Bethesda has, such as player homes looking most definitely smaller inside than they do outside, to be a moot point in the context of environments as you can store the interior of the house as a detached segment hidden under the world's geometry and make the doorway a portal into it without the need of a loading screen.

This can be used on other things such as cities and caves as well, they can exist in their own detached area so they can scale properly when inside them, but they can plug into smaller zones that couldn't otherwise fit them.

As for making an Elder Scrolls game. I stick by my old opinion that it's the fundamental concept behind the gameplay that people, or at least I, value. I know I at least wish to see a game that plays with that more action and actively driven combat, in a more fleshed out world, with at least a few friends. I would be just as happy with a small scale Elder Scrolls co-op game as I would be an Elder Scrolls MMO.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin