Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

To Phase or not to Phase

tkacidtkacid Calgary, ABPosts: 17Member
We at FrozenCPU.com have added a new upgraded socket kit for LGA 2011 support that features a metal hold down plate and a much easier installation manual. The new upgrade socket kit is included free of charge! Two kits are included with this dual headed beast!

The Cooler Express 2011 Design Super Dual Evaporators CPU Cooling Unit is the all new 2011 model - featuring compatibility with all modern sockets, a high-performance, dual CPU cooler design and extreme cooling (-48°C)!

The unit attaches to the bottom of your case and the evaporator tubes snake through the bottom of your case (after a hole has been added) and mounts directly to each of the CPUs. With temperatures way below freezing, you can overclock your CPUs far beyond what is possible even with the best water cooling!

I want one!

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7324/ex-vap-16/Cooler_Express_2012_Design_Super_Dual_Evaporators_CPU_Cooling_Unit_w_Upgraded_Socket_Kits_-_Sockets_AM2_AM3_LGA_1156_LGA_1366_LGA_2011_CE-48-D-2C.html?tl=g49&id=THNvfoDz

Comments

• CleffyCleffy San Diego, CAPosts: 4,625Member Uncommon
    Phase Changers are noisy, consume alot of energy, and can be messy.  Best to avoid if you don't need it.
  • miguksarammiguksaram Fort Meade, MDPosts: 826Member Uncommon
    Call me whatever you want but DAMN that pic reminds me of "Weird Science" which certainly doesn't inspire me to purchase their product any time soon!
  • IndromeIndrome NortheimPosts: 292Member

-48°C ... I don't even eat my icecream THAT cold. :D

If I had the money I'd try it just for the fun of it.

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,179Member Uncommon

$1200...

It may be fun to play around with, I admit, but that's a lot of dough to throw at one piece of the puzzle. Especially when you can get that level of cooling for a lot less (albeit not in one nice tidy packaged unit).

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,784Member Uncommon
    For the sake of clarity, I'd like to point out that phase change coolers are the same technology that your refrigerator uses.  It just applies the cold liquid to the CPU rather than spreading it over a larger area like a refrigerator or freezer would.  It's sub-ambient cooling, unlike typical air or water coolers that merely try to mix the heat from the CPU and the ambient air in the room better.  But it comes with the same drawbacks as a refrigerator:  it's noisy and uses a lot of energy, because of the air-compression part.