Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XFire - are mmorpg.com mods being hypocrites or not?

smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
I noticed that a thread I created talking about Xfire as well as Raptr was being closed even when the discussion was progressing in a healthy, non-destructive or trolling way. Also I noticed to my surprise that another Xfire thread, one that was about SWTOR, had been open for 9 months now... even when at another quick glance at it, the discussion STILL seemed to run in the same circles as it had been in months before.

Sorry, but objectively looking at it, that just looks odd to me. Seriously, don't you think that's kinda hypocritical and double standards if you allow a thread about Xfire for 1 game open, while closing all other threads that talk about Xfire in relation to other games, or even in general?

You can come up with any kind of excuses, but they sound only as lies when you use double standards like that: either close all Xfire threads and allow 1 open in general section or such, or allow 1 thread for each game, where the activity stats are being discussed of that game.

Now it only makes you mods look heavily biased and pissed, people who have no problem when Xfire is being discussed in the same constantly rehashing, pseudo-trolling way when it comes to SWTOR, but oh, it's so, so wrong when it's done to another game like GW2 that's maybe precious to some mods.

Sure, it's you people's site, you can do with it whatever you like, mod with whatever flimsy argument you like. Objectively speaking, from a distance though, it simply looks like bias, double standards and hypocrisy, if you use different measures for different games and game sections, and if rules for 1 game don't seem to apply for another game. Simple as that.

Comments

• DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222

Your post will be circles also.

It's because 90% of the people don't have a clue about statistics

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    It was like closed because there were already 20 other threads talking about it too.
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

It was like closed because there were already 20 other threads talking about it too.

Not really. I saw all those threads being closed, in a general section even, which led to new threads talking about it being opened. At least at the SWTOR section they said 'here's 1 thread for it, do all the statistics discussing and trolling about it for that game in that 1 thread'. For like 9 months now.

However, when it comes to other games like GW2 or MoP or any statistics debate about those games, it's complete shutdown and censorship. Now if that doesn't reek of double standards and hypocritical censorship, I don't know what will. imo.

I almost suspect that some mod got pissed off when it was being discussed like that about his/her fave MMO, leading to the complete Xfire censorship outside of the SWTOR section, but that'd be too childish. However, still double standards.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by smh_alot
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Not really. I saw all those threads being closed, in a general section even, which led to new threads talking about it being opened. At least at the SWTOR section they said 'here's 1 thread for it, do all the statistics discussing and trolling about it for that game in that 1 thread'. For like 9 months now.

However, when it comes to other games like GW2 or MoP or any statistics debate about those games, it's complete shutdown and censorship. Now if that doesn't reek of double standards and hypocritical censorship, I don't know what will. imo.

I almost suspect that some mod got pissed off when it was being discussed like that about his/her fave MMO, leading to the complete Xfire censorship outside of the SWTOR section, but that'd be too childish. However, still double standards.

I haven't really paid attention, but it did seem like they were fine with the "SWTOR has peaked on XFire" thread but were deleting similar threads for other games.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

I think people started being ridiculous with the concept, and was getting out of hand, like starting a thread stating City of Villaisn has peaked on Xfire, which can not be used to record Xfire hours any more. It was not that, but something like it, and there were several Xfire this, Xfire that threads popping up, basically not being serious, and just blatant trolling. The SWTOR thread has just buiilt up a secure reputation

• BadLuckBrettBadLuckBrett Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Dilweed

:)

Well played

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by BadLuckBrett
    Originally posted by Dilweed

:)

Well played

and the other 70 percent think their made up, of course there is also the 45 percent who think they have something to do with cheese, and 20 percent who well never mind they havent a clue either..

thing about statistics is.. they don't mean anything. hence the phrase, lies, damned lies, and statistics.

anybody who thinks they can prove something with statistics, probably shouldnt be trusted .. statistically speaking of course image

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

"XFire - are mmorpg.com mods being hypocrites or not?"

Yes. And not just in regards to XFire threads but that is the most prominent way right now.

I'm surprised this hasn't been deleted and you haven't been given a one day ban for this yet. I made a thread like this last week calling the moderators out and that is exactly what happened.

I already gave him a link as to why they are closing them and were they should be placed. With a little bit of searching he would have been able to found it. There is no conspiracy going on here....

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This is why we are closing the threads: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5277723#5277723 

MikeB gave the parameters under which a discusion thread would be permitted. However, the threads that have been closed were essentially all trying to compare two games, occasionally with a third thrown in. That isn't enough. XFire and related threads nearly always devolve into arguments and negativity.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.