Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I'm having a great time, found a new home.

As for being bored. Not going to happen for me. Love the games design.

They should immediately get rid of DR's and immediately implement guesting, my only two complaints the rest is awesome.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    There is nothing to be solved. Even sex get's dull if you do it 5-8 hours a day.

Not if its with a midget that has terets syndrome.

This wins the thread.

Mods can now lock the thread.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there....  

Glad you finally realized that.
    GW2 is as casual as it can get, it is not supposed to be people main MMO.
    I am enjoying it, but my main MMO will be DF:UW and Archeage later on.
    I will still plan to play GW2 casually though.
    Don't get too upset about it, take GW2 as it is.

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I still don't get posts like this. What endgame you actually want? What forces you to go to those "marks" on minimap? Do you kow you can turn them off and explore world without any marks whatsoever? I still feel this mentality "they told me I should play this game like that - go and explore marks on map - so I shall do that and complain game is boring".

I think most of those people would really enjoy the game if they gave it a chance in the first place... If anyone wants me to explain how can this game be fun, just PM me :)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

With GW2 I finally have the MMO i can put aside and play Borderlands 2 or Dark Souls , witouth feeling i am missing on subscription.

I LOVE IT !!!!

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

You did something for 5-8 hours a day for a week and got bored of it?????  OMG HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!??!?!?

I don't know. I would do 3-4 hour runs during many weeknights and 6-7 hours on weekends if I had nothing going on - sometimes pulling all-nighters in FFXI.  That game kept me entertained and engaged for seven years, and I never got bored.

I put a similar amount of time into Lineage 2. I got about 4 years out of that, and was never bored.

I put a similar amount of time into EQ2 and got about 2 years overall out of it. SOE's schizo approach to updating that game - trying to play "me too" with whatever WoW was doing - finally ran me out of that game. While I played it, I never got bored.

And all the while, I was playing along side others who were just as invested and just as entertained as I was, maybe even more.

So, why would GW2 be unable to hold people's attention for more than a few weeks, maybe a month or two? Because, just like most every other MMO being developed these days, it isn't designed for longevity. It was designed for "fast, easy, casual-friendly progress". It's designed to cater to the "quick gratification and frequent reward for as little time and effort as necessary" crowd. The whole "MMO-Hopping" thing is a product of newer MMOs. It was almost unheard of in 1st and 2nd, and some 3rd gen MMOs.

It might be difficult to see to those in the midst of all that, as many probably feel "this is just the way it's supposed to be". But being someone who was fortunate enough to get into the genre when the games were designed for longevity, I can see exactly why newer MMOs fail to keep people's attention, because I've been able to see the genre change over the past 4 or 5 years. The blame lies equally with the developers and the players.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I have 5 characters one at lvl 29 Human Mesmer and one that just hit 27 - Charr Guardian. The PS for the Charr is getting more and more interesting as it goes along. I just joined the Vigil so we will see how it goes now.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Naral
    There is nothing to be solved. Even sex gets dull if you do it 5-8 hours a day.

You're playing it wrong. ;-)

That's what she said.

Like playing piano, you don't get the best experience by playing only a single note.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by Naral Originally posted by IPolygon There is nothing to be solved. Even sex gets dull if you do it 5-8 hours a day.
    You're playing it wrong. ;-)
    That's what she said.

Like playing piano, you don't get the best experience by playing only a single note.

That's actually a great quote.

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    It's like this with any game also remember that this is vanilla
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Madamefate
    It's like this with any game also remember that this is vanilla

Vanilla? I don't think it is - WoW is Vanilla - this is Banilla!!

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358

Just gotta take breaks til you desire to play again... GW2 may not have enough content to be a primary mmo, but it's ok to fart around in for 30 minutes every week.

Even the biggest mmos get boring to people... hell pandaria only sold 2.7million copies in its first week... and many say it is the best expansion to date... many people are just bored of wow, though 10 million mark has been re-achieved, but that number will go down in a few months after the panda content has been mostly played through. 

• chrno7686chrno7686 Member Posts: 2
    For everyone bashing on thread starters like these, I don't get why. Telling them they're playing wrong? They're voicing their opinion and I actually enjoy people pointing out the negative of threads. I look at the negative threads, and if a lot of posters agree with them I base my want to purchase a game on them, if they can't be refuted. Personally I don't play GW2 and it's because as they said you can't put a lot of time into it or you get bored (players agreed with this). Lacking a real endgame to me is a big issue. I am not a huge fan of PvP unless its complimented by solid PvE to keep me entertained when I don't want to PvP. People shoud stop bashing others, and just post their likes or dislikes about something to make a thread that has valid points. As one guy said I was able to play WoW and EQ2 running around for time on end, multiple hours a day and I didn't get bored. Always was a new dungeon to run or raid to do. If someone can assure me GW2 has some solid raids to do at endgame (which I hear there isn't gear progression so... it's unlikely) I might consider picking it up. Kudos to the people who post threads who point out flaws because if it was just people praising games on their forums every game would get run into the ground over not living up to the hype. The only thing GW2 has as an advantage is from what I can read is it is B2P.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by medafor

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

Any game gets boring  after 5-8 hours a day. wth do you expect?

Really? I can play games like Ragnarok Online for 5+ hours a day for weeks straight and not get bored., and thats an old school grinding game. Trust me when I say, there are games out there that can take upa  good chunk of time for the hardcore and not get boring, and for many (not all) Gw2 fell very short. It takes a lot for a game to actually bore me after a few hours of playand unfortunately GW2 did just that. I literally got tired of playing after 2 hours THE FIRST DAY. Its not a good thing at all.

Originally posted by umie214
    People devoured SWTOR like no other. This is a sign that BIOWARE made a great game and that many will be back with content updates. Some people are leaving but new players are constantly streaming in, which means that the game's population has not even dipped.

Changed (underline) for lolz since the same could be applied there a month after launch. Population dip HAS occured, it occurs for every single game. Bots don't count as well which there are tons of them around, many owned by a single person. I love rift but when that expansion comes out it will be much more popular again but I'd bet in 3 months the population will be down a good deal. Over-inflated MMO market does that.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by caetftl

Just gotta take breaks til you desire to play again... GW2 may not have enough content to be a primary mmo, but it's ok to fart around in for 30 minutes every week.

Even the biggest mmos get boring to people... hell pandaria only sold 2.7million copies in its first week... and many say it is the best expansion to date... many people are just bored of wow, though 10 million mark has been re-achieved, but that number will go down in a few months after the panda content has been mostly played through. 

thats true and thats how it was gw1 too, for me and my friends/guild mates

• sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72

Out of 5 relatives and myself only 1 is still playing GW2.

The common theme is that "it just got really boring".  

Pretty only goes so far.

• orion2355orion2355 Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by sirchive
    Out of 5 relatives and myself only 1 is still playing GW2.The common theme is that "it just got really boring".  Pretty only goes so far.

Same here, I played since launched took my time, did some pvp, explored, crafted and then hit 80 logged off almost immediately going wth was that all about. I log in every other day or so trying to hit or find that "oh now I likey" moment, so far I roll alts and goof on them to see if I can stomach another 80 levels or take my main out to finish maps for the achievement, but I lose interest sooo fast. I did not rush, please I work full time and am almost 40 I'm not the rushy kind of person nor did I hack,cheat, exploit, or have someone bot me around the game while I was away...I just played the game as is and lost interest. I love the graphics, professions, and even some of the races, but I just can not put my finger on the exact moment in-game where it all fell flat for me...just seems off.

---I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm simply saving you from that hideous costume you're wearing.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by Randayn

my boredom set in a bit faster....still trying to play the game though cuz I bought it and hate wasting things.

have clocked over 100 hours of playtime and haven't gotten a toon over level 22...people say exploration is a strength but I disagree (and I LOVE exploration)....most things are pointed out on the map already and for those things that arent (hidden caves, jumping quests) there is nothing extraordinary about them...just another place where mobs camp and wait for you to kill them.  It is a huge world, but alot of it feels like empty space...even the smaller towns are very bleh...nothing to really do in them.  The best part of the game is the city and that also has everything pointed out to you.

It feels like a very grindy, hand-holding adventure....and although i've said this a million times, the DE's are nothing more than waves of mobs over and over sometimes leading to a boss....yay....

The fact that nobody is a tank or healer and everybody is DPS is kinda ridiculous...it wipes out the only way to give people a small semblence of individuality in your toon...no matter what game alot of people will have the same gear, alot of people will have the same build, but when you are in a small 5 man group, you will more than likely be the ONLY tank, the ONLY healer and if you are in a tight knit guild, you will be the person everyone rely's on in dungeon runs...that's gone...now it's a free for-all while hoping you have the right specs and classes to debuff (repetiitiously) and dodge/die your way to victory...no real strat...just stay alive and use debuffs alot.

another uninspiring themepark fantasy MMO...it's a shame...could have been ALOT better...

You can turn off map icons. This game was never about tyhe holy trinity. Whining about no healer so you can be a special snowflake means you spent no time understanding this game before or during your time playing.

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I play about an hour a night and love the fact I dont need a healer.  I am basically soloing the game as far as I can get.

Being able to heal yourself no matter what class you play is a plus for me.  I love it.

It's not boring to me.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Originally posted by medafor
    The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day.... Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day.... I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game. I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there....   

Any game gets boring  after 5-8 hours a day. wth do you expect?

Really? I can play games like Ragnarok Online for 5+ hours a day for weeks straight and not get bored., and thats an old school grinding game. Trust me when I say, there are games out there that can take upa  good chunk of time for the hardcore and not get boring, and for many (not all) Gw2 fell very short. It takes a lot for a game to actually bore me after a few hours of playand unfortunately GW2 did just that. I literally got tired of playing after 2 hours THE FIRST DAY. Its not a good thing at all.

Originally posted by umie214
    People devoured SWTOR like no other. This is a sign that BIOWARE made a great game and that many will be back with content updates. Some people are leaving but new players are constantly streaming in, which means that the game's population has not even dipped.

Changed (underline) for lolz since the same could be applied there a month after launch. Population dip HAS occured, it occurs for every single game. Bots don't count as well which there are tons of them around, many owned by a single person. I love rift but when that expansion comes out it will be much more popular again but I'd bet in 3 months the population will be down a good deal. Over-inflated MMO market does that.

Just means you prefer the grind games more or this is no game for you. GW2 actually has a lot of grind, if you want to go for legendary weapons and other exotic skins. Everyone who expected GW2 to replace their gear treadmill mmo left, because it is no such game. GW2 begins with character progression until level 80 to teach the basics and then relies on player progression for the rest of the gametime. In GW2 you will reach a power plateau at one point at which you have to carry your own weight and cannot grind for better stats, so gear carries you.
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by MikkelB

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Thing is, if your group is only looking out for themselves then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.   You guys need to be protecting each other.  Boons, conditional removal and combos fields/finishers are incredibly important in group play.  This is not an easy game, the mechanics are not a simple tank and spank.

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

If you're throwing bodies at a boss til it dies then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.  You have every right to enjoy whatever battles you want to but I think it's bias to the fact you haven't taken the time to learn how to play as a group in GW2.  Dungeons are hard but there is a wicked learning curve.  Once you've learned the mechanics you'll find most encounters to be fairly easy.

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

If everyone in your group is built the same way then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.  There are many different ways to build your character; you could build tanky, support boons, support regen/healing, support conditional remover, controller, sustained damage, critical/burst damage, AoE damage, or conditional damage.  Everyone SHOULD be doing their part in a GW2 group.

You have to understand this is absurd as me playing a trinity games, going in with 5 dps classes and saying this is stupid - everyone is the same, we're just throwing ourselves at the enemies, it has no framework...  just because you haven't taken the time to learn the roles of groups in GW2 doesn't mean they don't exist.

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

That is a lot of time but even playing 3-4 hours a day I've gotten bored with PvE.  I know they have plans for the future so I'm not really in a hurry to get to 80.  I'm still having a great time in WvW and PvP.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    *Snip*

That is a lot of time but even playing 3-4 hours a day I've gotten bored with PvE.  I know they have plans for the future so I'm not really in a hurry to get to 80.  I'm still having a great time in WvW and PvP.

That is also a lot of time.  That's probably why you're bored with PvE.  At least 21 hours/week (3x7) is basically a part time job.  I'd get bored with most things if I did it that often.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104

SSSSS you cant say that:)

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    GW2 is getting more and more fun with me.  Its so fun trying out new professions and theorycrafting team comps! Its just...awesome! As awesome as coming up with cheese strats in LoL.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by Randayn

my boredom set in a bit faster....still trying to play the game though cuz I bought it and hate wasting things.

have clocked over 100 hours of playtime and haven't gotten a toon over level 22...people say exploration is a strength but I disagree (and I LOVE exploration)....most things are pointed out on the map already and for those things that arent (hidden caves, jumping quests) there is nothing extraordinary about them...just another place where mobs camp and wait for you to kill them.  It is a huge world, but alot of it feels like empty space...even the smaller towns are very bleh...nothing to really do in them.  The best part of the game is the city and that also has everything pointed out to you.

It feels like a very grindy, hand-holding adventure....and although i've said this a million times, the DE's are nothing more than waves of mobs over and over sometimes leading to a boss....yay....

The fact that nobody is a tank or healer and everybody is DPS is kinda ridiculous...it wipes out the only way to give people a small semblence of individuality in your toon...no matter what game alot of people will have the same gear, alot of people will have the same build, but when you are in a small 5 man group, you will more than likely be the ONLY tank, the ONLY healer and if you are in a tight knit guild, you will be the person everyone rely's on in dungeon runs...that's gone...now it's a free for-all while hoping you have the right specs and classes to debuff (repetiitiously) and dodge/die your way to victory...no real strat...just stay alive and use debuffs alot.

another uninspiring themepark fantasy MMO...it's a shame...could have been ALOT better...

You can turn off map icons. This game was never about tyhe holy trinity. Whining about no healer so you can be a special snowflake means you spent no time understanding this game before or during your time playing.

This seems so at first sight, but as you understand the systems more on the game you realize that your role is not defined by  the actions you make but by the profession you are. My role in a party is being a guardian, and with that comes all the abilities at my disposal to be a guardian. This special snowflake thing is even more prominent in GW2 because the interpretation of your role a lot of times varies from person to person A LOT. Very few times have i seen a profesion being played the same way by different people.

Once you understand what everyone can bring to the table in a fight and the mechanics in game to enchance your battle capabilities it stops looking like a zerg.

Its understandable that people feel this way though, when someone is new it is hard to look it more than skin deep since you got so little knwledge of it.