Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a lover not a fighter.

GW2 need a non combat class like the Entertainer class from SWG.

They could be performing in the many inns that can be found in the game. Players watching would get a buff, ie xp buff, armour buff etc.

They could also change appearance on our characters.

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    And hardly nobody will ever play that. Cmon, they don't even want to play healers, now imagine a non-combat support class.
  • SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Sadly I doubt that there is a place for that in GW2 ever. Personally I loved playing the entertainer and I heavily disagree with the poster before me. Many did enjoy that in SWG (those that didn't just afk macro). For such a thing to work and make sense the game has to be specifically designed for it though. That's nothing you just add in at some point.

The players have changed since the SWG days, mate. Now the majority of players don't give a dime about social interaction. They just want to get to level cap and collect all their epics asap. You enjoyed it, I did, many did... then. Nowadays most wouldn't even check the feature.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

And where do you pull that from? It's not like the players don't care about social interaction. There have been countless threads even here on the forums that obviously state otherwise. Just to mention the one complaining about how antisocial GW2 seems to be.

There are MANY players that would gladly trade in some combat stuff for something not combat-related. Only remains the hope that games like ArcheAge, Wildfire and maybe The Repopulation will dare making the step to prove it.

• TelilTelil Member Posts: 282
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

GW2 need a non combat class like the Entertainer class from SWG.

They could be performing in the many inns that can be found in the game. Players watching would get a buff, ie xp buff, armour buff etc.

They could also change appearance on our characters.

GW2 is mainly a PVP game though isnt it? what would a non combat character do in PVP?

Suppose they could sing and try to calm things down a bit. ahh i see your title now lol!

Originally posted by Saydien

And where do you pull that from? It's not like the players don't care about social interaction. There have been countless threads even here on the forums that obviously state otherwise. Just to mention the one complaining about how antisocial GW2 seems to be.

There are MANY players that would gladly trade in some combat stuff for something not combat-related. Only remains the hope that games like ArcheAge, Wildfire and maybe The Repopulation will dare making the step to prove it.

I pull it from all the players asking in game chat "what's the best soloing class". From all the threads complaining about group content not beeing soloable. From all the guys that hop from guild to guild every month. From the "I want all the stuff the raiders have but I don't want to raid". From 99% of the games, where soloing is the fastest way to level cap. From the transition from the old games, where group content was the majority of it, to the new ones, where you just have a few dungeons at level cap and, if you are lucky, another few more dungeons for the whole leveling process. I pull it from crowd control beeing a role that has virtually disappeared and for how happy people seem to be when support roles like healers or tanks disappear. From how  happy people seem to be when they can drop a raid-like mob without even joining any group, just by joining the zerg, and they get their reward too.

Let's be realistic, ok? What was the majority of players has changed, and with it so has the average gamer mindset. Non-combat roles worked back then, but I d like you to point me to a newer MMO where non-combat roles are actively supported and many players choose that style of playing.

That's why I am sure that you idea would not work. I'd love to be wrong, but sadly I am sure I am not.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I support all kinds of non-combat related activities. Makes the world more immersive and gives some possibly fun distractions for times when you are bored of just running around killing stuff.