Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a girl...no really, I'm a girl. Well, maybe not.

As a male, do you play a male character or a female one?

If you're a female, male or female charater?

Comments

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

My 2nd wife rolled male characters sometimes.  Just as I roll female characters sometimes.  For me it depends on the game, class, mood, etc.  

*shrug*

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Yes you are a girl, don't ruin my fantasy. JK. Usually male and my alts usually random male or female.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

whats the difference?

I don't give a crap what people are in reality or out of it.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

As an elf, do you tend to play humans or dwarves??

I play both, especially if the character creator has a wide range of possibilities.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

whats the difference?

If you don't know the difference between males and females....well, good luck in life, champ. :-D

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

whats the difference?

If you don't know the difference between males and females....well, good luck in life, champ. :-D

RAY LIOTTA LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

whats the difference?

ZING! so hard.

I consistently roll both depending on what I feel like suits my idea of the virtual person I'm about to create better. IMO some classes like f.e. guardians or engineers work better with male characters while f.e. mesmers and necromancers develop more depth with females.

If I meet a female character ingame I treat them as a real-life male by default.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

whats the difference?

Who's Ray Liotta?

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

charr - male

human - female (Because they look so much better)

norn - female (because male norn looks like a giant statue)

asura - well, both are ok but I created a male character since I find it more suitable for a necro class :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Still mostly insecure males who worry over this most it seems?

Who cares, it is a game, an MMO, not a dating service.  I treat every person as the gender of their avatar, even if I know they real gender, it doesn't matter.  Suspension of disbelief, have fun, it is a game, if you are using it as a dating service you may need to step outside more or stick to people who want to use the game in that manner.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Sadly, we were due for this stale old topic, yet again...  It must be all of two months since the last incarnation.

/yawn

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I also wonder why insecure guys worry about this, as if they have to make sure the avatar they are flirting with and giving free stuff to (I actually got some free stuff on my female Sylvari), actually has a female behind it or something. Eitherway I could care less about it, as I'm a guy who always creates both males and females in the games I play (when given a choice.

Mass Effect series, I've got a Paragon male and a Renegade female. LOTRO, 2 males and 2 females. Rift, 2 males & 2 females. Now GW2 things are a little uneven as I have only 2 males & 4 females. Guess there's something wrong with me. image

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Both, often male for my main, female for a number of my alts.

As for how to regard other people's chars, I always assume the person behind the female avatars is male, unless there's good reason to believe otherwise.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I remember some guy in lotro taunted me for hours becuase I called him out on this very subject..

He even found me and challenged me to a duel,it was an lol fest.

who cares what gender people play?

I play both,I dont use MMO's as a match.com..

I use MMO's as my entertainment.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'm male but the past years I've been making female avatars exclusively.

RL has nothing to do with avatar selection.

Just like an actor can be nothing alike the role he plays. Still, some people get confused.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    [mod edit]

People like this still exist, a sad fact.

I play male characters, I like to be able to relate on some level with the character I play and usually since I'm not a ninja, mage, dwarf, gnome, asuran, sylvari the closest I get to relating is being male.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Male and always play male because you know, it's a man's world! image
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

whats the difference?

Who's Ray Liotta?

Dude.. You need to watch Goodfellas.. Seriously... WATCH GOODFELLAS!!!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Yamota
    [mod edit]

LOL image

Same for me.. All GW2 toons are female for me.  Darkfall Unholy will be male and Final fantasy 14 reborn undecided.

You can't possibly tell me the Charr male looks female. It is the most bad ass mmorpg-model I have ever seen.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    [mod edit]

LOL image

Same for me.. All GW2 toons are female for me.  Darkfall Unholy will be male and Final fantasy 14 reborn undecided.

You can't possibly tell me the Charr male looks female. It is the most bad ass mmorpg-model I have ever seen.

Actually I was thinking about making a male Charr warrior.. I love the forklift horns!!! Talk about striking fear into your enemies;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I'm male and I only play females. I don't care what people think about my gender. Sometimes they refer me as a She and sometimes as a He. I don't care, I play female characters becouse I like what I see, sometimes I delete and start again characters becouse I find something about it or I get bored of the haircut. My girlfriend says Im weird and that I'm trying to flirt with boys and then she laughts.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

whats the difference?

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
    I roll a male toon 99% of the time, but the other 1% of the time I roll a female for one reason.  Males (for some reason) are more willing to help a female character.  There are numerous times I've been a female toon and  'dudes' will offer free stuff, gold, coins, or any kinda of help.  While my 'male' character is ignored, kills stolen and etc etc..  It's quite the funny social commentary.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      In GW2 I rolled my first male primary in a long time :) .   I guess to me the GW2 female art doesnt really lend itself to my ususal playmate fantasy girls.   Oh well..ill sit and wait for Blade and Soul  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I always create toons that could play a role in a story (I don't really RP though), so they can turn out to be anything. My latest toon is a nerdy scrawny (for Asura) female asura Engineer that likes to push buttons (people's or machine's ). I had to chose between this or a fat male human engineer. But that was too much like my old fat engineer in Anarchy Online.