It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
There are two type of bots
(1) Thoses run to make gold and sell it using complex hacks and bottign software
(2) Those with programmerable keyboard who want to want to earn stuff while afk (sleeping/working)
BOTH should be banned, the DR is to stop the later. The player who sits at an event spawn with autofire on to get karma.
Originally posted by DMKano How about DEs where players have to control multiple points in the zones (not one small area) - or DEs where players have to build something? Maybe throw in some puzzle solving that requires interacting with certain NPCs during the DE? And how about multiple random branching, you know instead of Champion, maybe there's a portal that opens to a new area of the Zone with a puzzle quest? Or maybe everybody in the DE gets a 60min PvE buff? Make it to where at the end of some DE's there's a 15% random chance to summon a world boss. We need more varitety at ALL levels - not just Orr.
The part in red you describes is basically Orr + all the meta events.
Other than that, I do agree that the DEs could be more varied. Overall I think people would be surprised by the amount of variation some of the events have, but the way they are packaged, most of them feel all too similar. I also think the dragons need to have better mechanics. So far the only one that's really engaging to fight is Jormag.
- More skills
- Fix the BEYOND HORRENDOUS clipping on everything. My female human has her weapons placed in her thighs and everything clips on my asura, Charr tails and horns arre laughable
- Dueling, where is it?
- Mounts are an improvement regardless of what people say, if they introduced ground mounts nobody would quit over it but it would certainly make many people very happy and give them something else to do. I would love to ride my mount sometimes instead of waypointing everywhere, mounts are a big draw to keeping people interested, people will grind for a long time to get vanity mounts.
- Inspecting, I'm tired of asking people about their gear, it should show the gears name and what colour it's dyed upon inspection.
- Guild Halls.
- Control botting(coming from TERA, one of the most bot free games i've ever seen, this is atrocious, I leave for a few days and have 5-6 e-mails about gold and I see it spammed in chat regularly).
I'm having a LOT of fun in the game, and so far these are the things I'd like to see improved/changed:
Harder events. Make it, for example, if an event is succesful, the next time it repeats it becomes harder (more mobs, more veteran mobs, for example), so that there's a higher chance of it becomes a failure and get on the losing path.
Add an appearance tab. I know it's not gonna happen (because they would make T-stones useless), but I'd still like to be able to use an item's appearance without having to transmute it anytime I get an upgrade, which, since I'm still leveling, happens a lot. Or at least make it to applying a T-stone to an item makes it a permanent skin, an item that works kinda like the HoM rewards but that transfers the item skin without destroying it.
Travel costs by distance traveled and not fixed, plus higher chance of high level loot from all over the world, so that level 80 players have a bigger incentive to be on other areas.
Events that happen in different areas. In the novel Edge of Destiny there was the Dragonspawn (Jormag's champion). Anytime someone tried to attack it and failed (which means almost every time) it would retaliate by doing a massive attack on Hoelbrak. I'd like to see something like that, maybe a harder fight with Zaithan added, for example, with a high posibility of failure, and if it fails then a few minutes later a huge army of undead invade Lion's Arch and must be repelled by players.
Guild alliances. Even if it's just to have a joint chat channel like in GW1.
What can men do against such reckless hate?
My personal peaves:
Short Term (been/being fixed):
Without being petty, that's pretty much it for now.
General Gameplay Improvements
- Remove running debuff in combat
- More zones per level bracket. I feel like Asura and Sylvari don't have as much content as the other 3 races.
- Allow for a consumables hotbar.
- Housing/Guild Halls
- Additional Mini Games
- More PvP maps/types
- Remove diminishing returns
- Lowered cost for cultural armors
- I would like for preparation skills to be a class mechanic. Potentially, add 4 preparations like sharpening stone, poison dip, ignite arrows, chill arrows
- Improve the weapon speed of hammer
More skills per weapon
Make the RvR zones bigger.
Remove the RvR queue.
Do NOT add tiered raiding, there's no point or place to it.
Keep out a dungeon finder system.
Remove instant teleportation.
Add a slight death penalty.
Add in relics.
Add in a Darkness Falls style dungeon.
Add realm ranks.
"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
* Better cameras: Biggest gripe is abilities that have high movement like Thiefs Death Blossom and wars wirlwind attack leave me having to mess with the camera angle rather than it snapping behind my character. At least have an option fo those that want the camera to snap behind.
* Player Housing: Personal instanced areas just aren't changing enough to fill the void or give me a reason to invite anyone in to see what I have different from them. Player housing would give people that like to achieve things even more stuff to do and work towards.
* LFG tool: I think a dungeon finder, especially cross realm, was the worst thing to happen in WoW and would hate to see it come here. However, a better working LFG tool like something close to what FFXI had wouldn't be a bad thing.
* A skill pool for weapons: It would be nice to be able to swap out a couple of the weapon abilities out the same way we do for slot skills. This would alleviate the fact that some people get a bored feeling when they have learned all weapon skills very early in the game as well as add a little bit of the unknown in PvP because you won't know a persons every weapon skill.
* More stability: DE's and Skill challenges mess up and the fixes come very slow. They get fixed and now I am having issues in other ares that weren't there like transmutations are now not working.
* A better system for reporting Spam and Botters: I feel if they had some sort of community policing approach to spammers and botters and we could clean it up a lot faster than the current process of reporting and hoping it's taken care of. Maybe a system where X person has a window for getting X reports before their account is suspended until further notic. The number would have to be high enough to avoid random player trolling, but not so high that enough people couldn't reach a report limit to get the account out of our game.
There are plenty more but these are my top issues to date that I feel could use some improvement.
RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.
- More weapons ( = more skills)
- Organized raids ( in addition to the open world dragons and such)
- Dungeons i think could use some tweaking
- More pvp maps
- Camera could use some work
- Repairing items could use some tweaking ( more similar to wow)
- Item drops in dungeons (gear progression i guess) rather than farming tokens for gear
other little things here and there.
I have seen a lot of people mention things I would like to see as well, but my major want in the future is a class that has healing as utility skills.
I dont want the trinity back but I have to admit I miss being able to play a healer.
I want to see ALOT more armor options (Alot more! and what's up with almost all leather armor looking like a pirate!)
Guild Halls and Housing (Want something EQ2ish)
More crafting and maybe a new profession (like someone who makes effects that can be applyed to certain pieces)
More mob types (good god did they just run out of steam and say F it let's just make X amount of mobs and fill the whole world)
More Events! (and some awesome large scale events)
The ability to preview weapons/Armor in the Auction House
Some rare crafting recipes
Uh I could go on.....but this will do
CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few othersWATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoDWISHING FOR: A UO RemakeHAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.
Quivers, visible on your character's back. Offer different arrow types that do different things.
Originally posted by Scalpless GW2 has been out for a month and many of us are level 80, have experienced a large part of what it has to offer and have some things they'd like to see in the future that aren't just bug fixes. Here's a list of mine: - Guild halls - More types of PvP - Anti-zerg measures in DEs, making them moderately challenging even with a large group of people - Better trait descriptions - Open world dungeons - Expanded crafting - More pants, fewer coats/robes - More enemy variety in lvl 80 areas - Lower traveling costs What's on yours?
This is something that annoys me. You can have 30+ people at a dynamic event, but the monsters that spawn are normal ones with normal hp? Where is the scaling they said the events would have? It reallys confuses me and makes doing dynamic events with more than 5 people annoying and not fun.
Ok I seen alot of things I wouldn't mind seeing added. But to me the thing I want to improved would be more maps for WvWvW this would improve que times and also alwo for more epic battles. I would like to see a map like Fire island style and a map with a Cantha setting also one with a Elona setting sense we cant go there yet.
Other things I would like to see improved would be.
Weapon skill tree - where you can choose differant skills based one keys 2-5 that you could switch up.
Traits more definded right now most traits at the pick your bouns seem to be all over the place like warrior strength trait you get bonus to axe sword and mace dmg at 50% health and then get a bonus to 2-handed sword of 10% dmg bonus but 2-handed hammer is in the trait below for dmg. These kind of things are in all classes and need to be more defind.
Improve the DE system as in add more also fill in the gaps of the map as it is not filled this is more of a want tho. The DE system is good love it more then quest hubs by far because it feels random.
I would like to see them add the ability to preview items from the Trading post not being able to kind sucks and its more of a hit or miss on looks.
If they started improving the things I listed above I would be happy.
To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.
More social tools
Working DE's/skillpoint challenges
More than "conquest" gametype in sPVP
Removal of DR code
Removal of fast travel cost sink
More diverse armor models, particularly between classes
Two-factor authentication (phone app or token fob, ideally both)
Account wide dye unlocks
Multi-specs (come on, give us the build system from GW1)
Either remove WvWvW queues, raise caps, allow 'guesting' on other servers, something. WvWvW is a clusterfuck right now
Originally posted by Pivotelite - Mounts are an improvement regardless of what people say, if they introduced ground mounts nobody would quit over it but it would certainly make many people very happy and give them something else to do. I would love to ride my mount sometimes instead of waypointing everywhere, mounts are a big draw to keeping people interested, people will grind for a long time to get vanity mounts.
Yes, this! Whenever I see people argue over putting mounts in the game it makes me laugh. In NO way is it hurting anyone and A LOT of people will put in tons of hours trying to get mounts. It doesn't even have to be a huge boost in speed, I just want something else to work toward.
Most of my gripes have been covered by other people.
- Player housing. Hopefully we will be able to modify/collect decorations for it etc.
- More strategic bosses and mob types
- Each zone having it's own really rare drop armor set could be fun. Give people a reason to stay in other zones.
- Improve farming somehow. There seems to be little to no consistency in mobs dropping the mats I really need.
- Way too many load screens. I wish there was a way for them to make the transistion from place to place feel more seamless.
- Camera improvements
1. Add a hotspot in game. You would be able to set up a hotspot at a waypoint. Then when you wanna go someware else, like say your guild is doing a dungeon or dragon fight, well you can port over there. W/E your done doing stuff in a diffrent location and wanna go back to the waypoint you were at, Just select the hotspot and you can port directly back to where you were. They travel cost should be the same as normal. Come in handy if you forget where you where at on the map, like i tend to .
2. Add a World tab under Achievements. Then when you click on world achievements it will list every map ingame alphabatecally and show a progression bar like all the others, going from 0-100% complete. That way you will know which maps you still need 100% on without having to manually go to the diffrent zones to see.
EX. World - Rata Sum 0% -------- 57 100%
3. Have everyone in a guild auto-represent, but maybe have restrictions? If a player only plays like once or twice a week, for them not to represent. Only the loyal ones. Some peaple forget to turn that on.
4. Guild suggestion - Show when members log in and out, and also show when they last loged ingame.
5. Some areas are really tough at off-peek times. Say 3am on an american server. Would be nice if during the really late hours depending on the regional servers timezone, if they would make all zones have less mobs. Very hard to do DE's and really anything at those hours. PVE areas dont scale according to how many ppl is in the zone. Really need that.
The game has a fantastic core, but it should be worked on...
Here are my suggestions
1) In PvE, the biggest problem and why folks still feel it is "directionless" and "lacking meta-game" is that you get all your skill unlocks by simply purchasing them. What it translates to is "wherer I go I get same rewards so there is no real incentive to go anywhere in particular except for sightseeing". IMO Anet made one huge mistake when they ditched the GW1 skill acquiring model for what they have now. I enjoy playing my Ranger more than any other class because taming a certain pet can take place only at certain locations and so I have a reason why to go THERE and not "there." It gives me an opportunity to design my own quests basically.
This ties in with the second problem, and that is that you have pretty much all skills you want by lvl 30 and there is no progression there. What you have on your bar is pretty much it, with only the numbers increasing.. which is dull.
Anyways, the solution is obvious, but for an expansion or something. Special tasks and stuff you can do/find/whatever in the world that would unlock "improved" versions of basic weapon and utility skills. However, those MUST NOT be purchaseable for skill points - they should require performing very specific tasks.
2) Ties in with 1) - there is no sense of progression with weapons, no specialization. Imo, the solution could be hot-patched pretty quick. Unlocking weapon skills is really a great concept - what you use, you get better with. However this lasts only till 10th lvl or even less. Anet should add "weapon experience" which would give a small but real bonus to weapon's dmg or whatever, according to how much it is used. I loved how weapon xp worked in Borderlands 1 and I'm thinking of something along these lines.
3) Mounts in WvW. Please, give us mounts in WvW. All this running is severely favoring the zerg - if you go on your own to do some sabotage behind enemy lines, the chances you get finished off are much greater... and all this endless running is no fun at all. Of course dying should "hurt", but not by forcing players to perform dull and repetetive tasks.
4) Better coordination tools in WvW. WAR was on the right track there with warbands and stuff. Something along these lines that would enable players to form coherent units.
5) All the hype aside, THERE IS NO VIABLE WAY TO LEVEL IN PVP! At the moment I'm enjoying leveling in PvE so I can participate in WvW... but I can see how this can become a pain with my future alts which I'll make for WvW only. The xp rewards in WvW should be upped AND, more importantly, there should be an option to recieve XP in SPvP. Ideally, I'd train my WvW alts in battlegrounds and then go WvW when I reach a decent lvl. Again, WAR had this down pat - you could jump into PvP at level 1 and go all the way to max without ever stepping into PvE world or feeling you're being gimped.
6) I love WvW and I love sPvP. Awesome solutions to long-standing mmo problems, great! However, I wouldn't mind an instanced PvP mode where you would use your PvE char.. and get XP for it. I know, GW2 is what it is and everything, but still, I am missing those.
That's pretty much it, off the top of my head that is.
7) One more. In the whole "doesn't matter where you go" philosophy they went' too far. They thought they were giving players choice but all they did is remove specific motivation for doing specific content and making the game bland in terms of rewards and goals. While they should retain karma, which is global, they should add some kind or "regional karma" for each game territory - with specific, level-independent rewards. Those rewards could have several levels, like regional vendors selling cool cosmetic items or improvised weapons that might be carried in your backpack and used elsewhere. This "regional karma" could be obtained by completing the map and doing DEs etc... And, oh yeah, heart quests should be made repeatable, say daily.
8) and again - WE NEED MORE SPECIFIC REWARDS! - Group event bosses should drop specific rewards. There should be a reason why I want to kill Shatterer rather than "just because I happen to pass by." He should drop something that cannot be obtained anywhere else in the game, or give a title or SOMETHING. I want to be able to make specific goals for myself - i want to spend days stalking that super-ultra-special-rare DE that gives me a little bit of something I can get nowwhere else. All this karma and tokens and whatnots make the game seem like a supermarket. I don't want a supermarket, I want dingy little shops where I can spend days looking for stuff that can be found only there and nowhere else.
9) WvW individual rewards, obviously. There should be some kind of specific WvW "xp" like what they have in sPvP. Yes, WvW should be its own reward, and yet it would be satisfying to have your contribution to WvW honored in some way, at least with a title or something.
As you can see, the vast majority of my suggestions deal with the way rewards and player motivation work in this game. Imo this is the only weak spot in otherwise excellent whole. Thankfully, that is something that can, and very probably will be worked on as the game matures.
More skill choices - Give us a pool of skills to choose from for each weapon. Why you forcing us to use the skills you want us to use for each weapon. Some weapons i love, but i hate the skills you picked for them...give us options damnit.
Inspect feature - Really? Is the GW2 crowd so pampered and carebeared that we shouldnt be allowed to view each others stats/gear? I want to see my fellows items, i want to see what that cool helmet hes wearing. Put this standard mmo feature in game my goodness.
Make zones seamless - All the beauty of the art style and supposed vastness of GW2 world goes out the window with all these forced portals we have to go through in order to go on the "other" side. Why cant it all be seamless? Look at Rift, there is NO loading screen in the ENTIRE game world. You only zone into instance raids/dungeons....thats it.
Housing - What ever happen to this feature, new mmos are shying away from this, yet its such a HUGE timesink for players to have. You have any idea how much time people put into homes, and how just that alone, can keep people playing for a very long time? Add that. (kudos to Rift)
Mounts - Listen, mounts are sweet. Nobody going to quit if mounts were added. It be a nice feature for people to have and to strive for. And if your in city or buildings it auto-unmounts you to keep the area clean of mounts in order not to annoy people.
WvWvW Rewards - Somehow the rewards with wvwvw at the moment are kinda of.....meh. Expand on it to make it more personal. Give us personal stuff to get from winning then just "server" buffs. Its cool, but its really boring at the same time. Nothing that reallly screams, oh man, guys, cmon we have to win, we got to get that! Now its...eh so what....not really losing anything, nor gaining anything worthwhile.
Indicator when friends/guildies log on - Self explanatory
Make mobs respawn much slower - Whats with the almost instant respawn of everything? Tone it down my goodness, its too much and annoying.
Make champions drop worthwhile loot - Yeah, they are completely pointless at the moment. Another part of their anti-good gear philosophy. Its all about "fun" right....
Show weapons on character screen - Id like to have my character holding his weapon or weapons in character select, i mean, that be cool, right.
Character Appearance Recustomization - Ok some of us are not happy with our looks, add feature to edit this after character create.
Character Rename - Same as above, add this.
Ah its getting late, ill stop here....
Originally posted by Voiidiin One thing and One thing only, in fact i hate this so much i have started playing other games instead.... Please get rid of the punitive Diminishing Returns to open world PvE and Dynamic events.
There should be less diminishing returns than the system has now, but there should be some to encourage people to move on. It drops off way too fast now. Diminishing returns should be in the 10% range instead of the huge drop they have now.
Originally posted by GMan33 Inspect feature - Really? Is the GW2 crowd so pampered and carebeared that we shouldnt be allowed to view each others stats/gear? I want to see my fellows items, i want to see what that cool helmet hes wearing. Put this standard mmo feature in game my goodness. Agreed. I've tried whispering people a few times to ask what armor they have and gotten no response. Make mobs respawn much slower - Whats with the almost instant respawn of everything? Tone it down my goodness, its too much and annoying. Yes! This annoys me so much some times... Make champions drop worthwhile loot - Yeah, they are completely pointless at the moment. Another part of their anti-good gear philosophy. Its all about "fun" right.... My group and I have this epic battle with a Champion Big *** Spider of DOOM! .... annndd he dropped a hairy spider leg.... no gold, no random gear, nothing... makes it a bit anti climatic. Soon we'll have bosses up everywhere and no one killing them because there is no incentive. And that's why people camp in the zones that have dragons/bosses that have chests. People want to get some kind of reward for their efforts.