Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] DC Universe Online: Jens Andersen & The Hand of Fate

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

DC Universe Online players recently saw the deployment of The Hand of Fate downloadable content. We managed to catch up with Creative Director Jens Andersen to talk about The Hand of Fate, its new features, Operations and much more. Read on!

MMORPG: What about the features of the update, in regards to gameplay?  What are the big new additions this time?

Jens Andersen: The biggest new addition is the Utility Belt Attachment. These new trinkets turn your existing belt into a hiding place for all kinds of items. Players will be able to load out all kinds of toys, consumables, and trinkets. They are now more free to include novelty items and useful trinkets in their loadouts because the stats that matter are on the Utility Belt Attachment itself. It really frees players up to have more options in combat and more fun when just socializing.

Read more of Bill Murphy's DC Universe Online: Jens Andersen & The Hand of Fate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    oooooo ah?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I like that they added new content but wheres content for those who dont do end game. I ply the game not as much as I did cause of another game but I do still play maybe 2 or 3 hrs a week and still running the same stuff I want to see new stuff new areas like a new city zone and not like the flash DLC but like Metro and Gotham. Just tired of running the same contnet over and over again to get better gear gets boring and I still love open world PvP and what not but add more content  for none end gamers.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I have stop playing game because soe is putting out borning content, and tier 4 gear suxs.
  • drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

i say add a powerset it is like most of their characters. Might.

enough with the elemental powersets.

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96

I was really looking forward to this DLC but now I'm not getting it and pretty much dropped the game. 

Why? Because SOE has been banning innocent people for hacking and and they did it to me last week.

So I advise anyone planning on spending any money on this or any SOE games to tread carefully. 

But don't take my word for it... check their own forums, google it and check out the report on ripoffreport.com http://www.ripoffreport.com/video-film-production/sony-online-entertai/sony-online-entertainment-soe-30725.htm

I wish SOE would stop doing this so I could feel safe playing the game again. It is lots of fun, until you get banned for no reason.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by booboofinger

I was really looking forward to this DLC but now I'm not getting it and pretty much dropped the game. 

Why? Because SOE has been banning innocent people for hacking and and they did it to me last week.

So I advise anyone planning on spending any money on this or any SOE games to tread carefully. 

But don't take my word for it... check their own forums, google it and check out the report on ripoffreport.com http://www.ripoffreport.com/video-film-production/sony-online-entertai/sony-online-entertainment-soe-30725.htm

I wish SOE would stop doing this so I could feel safe playing the game again. It is lots of fun, until you get banned for no reason.

Lol you dropped the game after they banned you? Sounds like they dropped you...sorry.

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96

No, I was banned for 3 days. I can log in now, but I don't feel safe doing it.

But like I said, don't take my word for it, check for yourself. Either that or don't come crying to me when they ban you for no reason.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

But like I said, don't take my word for it, check for yourself. Either that or don't come crying to me when they ban you for no reason.

i am pretty sure they banned you for your obnoxious weird name 

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by lotaparty

i am pretty sure they banned you for your obnoxious weird name 

That's rude. I am sure she is being honest about being banned for no real reason. Look at Funcom... They did it, I wouldn't put it past SOE (nor Nexon and neither EA).

Smile

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I was going to look into DCUO, then heard that in Europe it was now in the hands of some company that is using dodgy staff. Players were getting their accounts hacked, so decided not to give it a look.
  • thefounderthefounder Member Posts: 19

i tried DCUO for the first time about 4 months ago, figuring that it would occupy my attention until GW2 released... well it did far more than that.. it absolutely captured me. love this game to tears. and the more i play, the more i appreciate its depth. it has so much humor and wit and its combat is f'ing fantastic. PVE and PVP are just great. and the huge open world is thriving with action and danger.  and i can honestly say ive never seen two characters that looked the same. love DCUO. lovelovelovelove it.

i'm enjoying GW2 since its release - great game. but i've become a subscriber to DCUO and its my great love right now - its who i go home to each night -i've commited my heart to her. GW2 is kind of a mistress i cheat with on occasion ;)

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    SOE ruined this very decent game with their greed. Really sad, i liked it.
  • ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by vort3x
    SOE ruined this very decent game with their greed. Really sad, i liked it.

wtf are you talking about? greed? their FTP allows you to play to max level and raid and do alerts... quite a damn bit. and they have special sales all the time. i played for 3 months FTP and when i finally decided i loved the game and subscribed, i got 4 expansions and 3 months of game time for 40$... thats quite a good deal.

i would have paid twice that for this game, its that good. best combat system ive played yet, and fantastically fun PVE.  TONS OF OPEN WORLD PVP... so damn good. its been a LONG time since i've felt so attached to one of my MMO characters, but i swear i love playing my supervillian Light Controller!! i really want to see him grow and get better at this game.

listen, i was a diehard SOE hater - they ruined both of our Everquest games - but DCUO is an absolute joy to play and worth every penny. i strongly urge anyone looking for an engrossing and immersive and fun and CHALLENGING game, to try DCUO.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306
    Everyone should know by now that any game SoE gets their grubby, dirty hands on, they fk up. To be surprised or astonished about their games is to be naive since their records speak loud volumnes for themselves.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I played during beta, the game was meh.  I came back  tried it after free to play, it was still meh.  The main problem was all the hacking that was going on during pvp.  I know they tried to address some of it, but there still was a lot of hacks going on.  Have they fixed any of the problems with pvp?   I just found the game boring. I would have deinstalled it but soe forgot to give us a deinstall tool.

• BlarklarkBlarklark Member Posts: 6

spandex makes me happy :)

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159