It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Teleport hacks and rampant botting are out of control in this game. ArenaNet has recently addresed this issue via their forums, but it's looking more and more like PR speak. I've personally witnessed hordes of bots left unchecked for days. As I logged off in frustration just now, I was wacthing a guardian bot teleport from mob to mob while attacking w/ his scepter at unlimited range, through terrain.
I've been on the Guild Wars 2 bandwagon for a year and a half and it's crushing to have an issue as basic as anti-cheat measures break it. Only recently have they reported hiring some people to develop better anti-cheat people. But the whole problem is that they are trying to automate something that it takes real humans to address. Without actual human beings to contact about these serious issues, they are left unchecked long enough that by the time those accounts are banned, the damage is done and they've moved on to other places, other hacks.
ArenaNet is flat out too slow in addressing these issues. Outside of one forum post on the issue, they haven't said squat about how they are going to fix it.
I simply cannot enjoy a game where bots are running as rampant as they are allowed to right now.
UPDATE: Since I've posted this, ArenaNet has stated that they are combating botting in three ways (summary of their statements):
1. Diminishing Returns. When a bot farms a group of enemies over a period of time, drops go down. The purpose is to limit their damage until they can be reported and banned. They have clearly stated that they are still tweeking this since many legit players have also found that this had limited their drops as well.
2. Bot detection. They've stated on their forums that they have recently hired data experts to improve their ability to detect and remove bots. This is obviously incomplete at this time since some bots are active for days at a time without detection.
3. Player reporting. This is, at this stage, the only known reliable way to remove bots. Sadly, the epidemic is strong enough that there just isnt the manpower to allow for the proper investigation for each individual botting case. Imagine there are five accounts all multiboxing. They have to look into each of those accounts and investigate them one at a time. They don't want to accidentally ban a legit player who was mistakenly reported because he was near the bots at the time the report went down.
I made this original post in a moment of genuine frustration. The following must happen:
1. Response time must be improved. Bots at work for days is not acceptable.
2. Bot/exploit detection must improve. Goes without saying.
3. All of this must be done without damaging the experience of legit players.
If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.