Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one waiting for Diablo 2 mmo in an open world?

adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Third person or first person view, targetting reticle, mouselook always on, right click for one ability, left for the other, with 1-4 to select skills or potions.

Skill trees, stat points, pure action combat (I've played tera, please don't try to tell me that it's anything like D2), randomly appearing bosses, maybe a few instanced group dungeons that have random layouts.  Loot that's fun to get and doesn't require raiding.  Hostility lol. 

Why does this not exist?

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'm curious to see how Lineage Eternal turns out.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Third person or first person view, targetting reticle, mouselook always on, right click for one ability, left for the other, with 1-4 to select skills or potions.

Skill trees, stat points, pure action combat (I've played tera, please don't try to tell me that it's anything like D2), randomly appearing bosses, maybe a few instanced group dungeons that have random layouts.  Loot that's fun to get and doesn't require raiding.  Hostility lol. 

Why does this not exist?

Why do you need an open world for this?

I play D3, and torchlight 2 exactly for this kind of gameplay. Having more people in the "world" will actually destroy it. I don't want a dungeon with more people .. otherwise it wont feel as good wiping out 20 mobs with an arcane orb.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Drakensang Online exists,not sure how it is today also there was that fps shooter mmo London something,heavily Diablo influenced.

edit:ops,Drakensang is nothing like fps shooter.

edit: Hellgate London it is and servers seems to be up http://hellgate.t3fun.com/home/home.aspx

Let's internet

• pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 265
    This is not appreciably different from Ragnarok Online or numerous other mouse-based Korean grinders. There are not MMORPGs to fill every little meaningless niche of gameplay because MMORPGs are designed to last, not to be children's toys. Do you need your mommy to tell you to play with the teddy bear she bought you last week instead of buying a new one?
  • FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756
    I'm not really looking for something like this but I would love an MMO with completely random generated dungeons so each raid is different. I hate knowing what to expect at every point during a dungeon run.
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Dungeon Keeper as an MMORPG, with players being adventurers that were able to raid other players' dungeons, or the next evolutionary stage of Neverwinter Nights as a modular MMORPG with a growing, partly player created and maintained world, now that'd be really something I'd be looking forward to. Diablo 2 MMO, less so. But hey, each their own wishes :)
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

edit: Hellgate London it is and servers seems to be up http://hellgate.t3fun.com/home/home.aspx

I used to use Hellgate: London as a coffee-break game when it was first out and before it ended up going down the toilet.  I'll have to check that link out.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

I used to use Hellgate: London as a coffee-break game when it was first out and before it ended up going down the toilet.  I'll have to check that link out.

I actually had more fun in Hellgate (and for weeks) than I ever had with TSW (arguably similar universes).  The combat was mostly pretty cool.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If its anything like d3 - NO THANKS
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Why does this not exist?

Try dark souls because your dream will not come anytime soon