Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't really see why people like this gam so much

TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
I am not here to bash the game, I am just looking for wisdom and some highlights as to what makes this game so awesome. I do enjoy the next new MMO much like the next guy, it is just finding a good reason why it is a good game is my problem. What makes this game stand out? I would rather hear it from someone who actually played it though.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

Comments

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    sandbox themepark , no such game existed so far, you either have poor quality broken zero content indie sandbox, or themeparks we beat in a month and had too many in last 10 years, fact that it have more new features than every game in last 10 years combined, helps it too
  • bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    You should look up some videos on Youtube about Archeage and you will have a better understanding of what this game has more of than any MMO that you have played.  You don't really need to know what they are saying, but what you see.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I was telling a friend of mine about ArcheAge.  I told him it has ocean diving and ships you can sail around on.  He said to me how it'd be really cool if they had included giant sea monsters.

Fortunately, they did. :)

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Just get used to all the anxt surrounding this game as people begin to realise it will still be two more years at a minimum before it ever sees a stateside release.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

It is one of a kind

But too  unreachable right now

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    People always go on and on and on how X game will be the greatest thing since sliced bread once it becomes available to them.  SWTOR, GW2, TSW, TERA (real case n point), and whatever game is in the works.  But the fact is once it does become available and playable many will bash it or how it is the greatest failure.  People will always overhype and are desperate for the next new shiney.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm still not sure about this one.  I was the first of my friends to hear about it and spread the word excitedly when I read about some of the features, but when I saw it, well...... let's hope it turns out better than the videos I've seen.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Topherpunch
    I am not here to bash the game, I am just looking for wisdom and some highlights as to what makes this game so awesome. I do enjoy the next new MMO much like the next guy, it is just finding a good reason why it is a good game is my problem. What makes this game stand out? I would rather hear it from someone who actually played it though.

You and I both brother, you and I both.

Nothing about AA makes me swoon with anticipation.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

People will get behind anything that has hype or appears to be popular.

Also, there was some mis-information spread around that this was going to be some epic sandbox...which its not.

Its a quest hub game.  Yes it has building and guild seiges...with the latter being a HUGE plus over most themepark endgames that stick to pve dungeons and pvp queues with a massive battle map.

I think this has a chance to be a very solid themepark, simply because of the lack of faction vs faction pvp...the addition of guild politics wich most themeparks lack...guilds are just chat rooms.

WIth quests and a lack of personal loss on death, the game misses out on two sandbox mechanisms that add an element of adreniline missing from no-risk themeparks. Takes a big step in the right direction with their endgame choice as well as a more complex crafting system...which will prove to be pointless if nothing is destroyed or lost in battle.

Also...the long amount of time this game is taking to launch here is slowly winding down any initial "its a sandbox!" hype that was placed upon it...so its going to be hard to tell how this one will pan out.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I dont want to sing to much praise for this game yet, but I am wanting to play this game because There is actually MMO features in this game. From what I have seen thus far it does not seem to be yet another P.O.S online RPG like GW2, SWTOR, Rift, the list goes on and on. There are more features shown on youtube of this game than the past 3 major mmo's released combined. 

I still have major concerns though. Will the jail system actually work in preventing ganking and greiving? IDK time will tell. Will the PvE and PvP co-exist well with each other? I doubt it, it never has in any game before, and IMO will never co-exist, because what makes great PvE fights in respect  with with class roles does not work in PvP, hopefully I am wrong. Or hopefully they can find a decent medium which waters down PvE and PvP. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Because people are sick of playing ThemePark MMO's where you are being force-fed developer content rather than make your own way in a virtual world. Now if ArcheAge will live up to the hype is another question but I believe that is the main reason why people, on this site, are hyped up for it.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

There will be a whole continent the is open pvp. Guilds can build cities there and siege and destroy other cites. Guilds will also fight for the resources availble on the continent.

And the skill system is supposed to be very in depth so every character is unique

Thats what I am looking forward to

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

It will be one of the first Sandparks.  Basically a themepark with a lot more freedom.  I don't think it's hype it's more hope that it will work, as it will be the first of it's kind.

My only concern is that the combat will be WoW type combat.  I think GW2 (and even TSW) nailed MMO combat and it will be tough going back to WoW style.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

this one wont make it im afraid. even if all the mechanics worked properly, the artistic style and archaic combat system would dissuade me from even looking at it. 

also, the game's fans better be ready for the long 2+ year wait. 

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Mardukk

It will be one of the first Sandparks.  Basically a themepark with a lot more freedom.  I don't think it's hype it's more hope that it will work, as it will be the first of it's kind.

My only concern is that the combat will be WoW type combat.  I think GW2 (and even TSW) nailed MMO combat and it will be tough going back to WoW style.

AA indeed does have WoW's combat. 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

You and I both brother, you and I both.

Nothing about AA makes me swoon with anticipation.

It's cool - I am sure that many people won't like it.  Also it won't be as popular as GW2 in west as well.

There is nothing wrong with that - diffrent people like diffrent things and I am sure that there will be people that wil think AA is as interesting and watching paint dry and people that will play it and getting lots of fun.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by ghoul31

And the skill system is supposed to be very in depth so every character is unique

I have been watching AA for a while now and when/if it ever gets NA publisher I'll be the first to sign up for beta-

However.. the above highlighted text - makes me chuckle - what game dev has NOT said this about their character advancement/progression system?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by ghoul31

I have been watching AA for a while now and when/if it ever gets NA publisher I'll be the first to sign up for beta-

However.. the above highlighted text - makes me chuckle - what game dev has NOT said this about their character advancement/progression system?

Its usually 8million combinations of which half a dozen work well and word soon spreads.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by umie214

this one wont make it im afraid. even if all the mechanics worked properly, the artistic style and archaic combat system would dissuade me from even looking at it. 

also, the game's fans better be ready for the long 2+ year wait. 

I didn't realise games need your specific approval to make it, I will have to keep a closer eye on your posts.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    The game sounds like it would be cool.  Some of the videos looked cool.  But, I am not dying or stressing that it will not be released anytime soon.  Hell, by the time it is released I probably won't even care to play it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

People are bored and looking for something different, and Arch Age is just the latest great hope on the horizon that people can wait for and perhaps it will finally dispel some of the darkness in the genre.

For us in the west, going to be a couple of years until we get to find out it seems.

Sadness.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its still a few years away for us yet...

Some of the features seem really nice but others are a bit dodgy..

Still its worth keeping an eye on.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Smikis
    sandbox themepark , no such game existed so far

Except for almost every MMO released before WoW...

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

The gamer makes the game so awesome.  Its a personal decision based on what you enjoy or expect to get out of an MMO.  If you dont like tab target, gear progressing gameplay style there is no reason for you to anticipate this game.

No one can (or should be able to) convince you to play or like anything.  Do your own research and make your own decision.

If you cant answer those questions yourself, then more than likely you should forget about the game ;-)

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Mardukk

GW2 has terrible combat IMO..