Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Mogu’shan Vaults Raid Opening

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The World of Warcraft community site has been updated with the news that the first Mists of Pandaria raid, Mogu’shan Vaults, will be opening in stages throughout the month of October and into early November. 

Here is the current schedule for these Raid releases:

Tuesday, Oct. 2 - Normal Mogu’shan Vaults

Tueday, Oct 9 - Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults and first half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder

Tuesday Oct. 16 - Second half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder

Tuesday, Oct. 30 - Normal Heart of Fear and Normal Terrace of Endless Spring (Must clear Heart of Fear first) with Heroic and Raid finder versions unlocking one week later

Read more on the World of Warcraft community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

And they will all be cleared within the first month after opening....

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

try today http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2947-Tanking-Hotfixes-Patch-5-0-5-Hotfixes-Season-12-MMR-Change

Originally posted by Sciva

try today http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2947-Tanking-Hotfixes-Patch-5-0-5-Hotfixes-Season-12-MMR-Change

That is so sad, this game is a hollow shell of what it once was.

No challenge at all.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

No challenge at all.

So because one of the best raid guilds on the planet cleared the normal version of the first wing of T14, something which they practiced on the PTR for months...the game is a former shell of itself?

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this always been the case with all normal mode raids...like...ever?

Heroic mode (the content made for raiders) hasn't opened yet, isn't it a little too early to complain about the game being too easy? lol

Originally posted by doodphace

No challenge at all.

So because one of the best raid guilds on the planet cleared the normal version of the first wing of T14, something which they practiced on the PTR for months...the game is a former shell of itself?

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this always been the case with all normal mode raids...like...ever?

Heroic mode (the content made for raiders) hasn't opened yet, isn't it a little too early to complain about the game being too easy? lol

You stand corrected, and obviously never played during Vanilla when raids actually took large periods of time for guilds to clear.

I'm guessing you didn't start playing till Wrath or better, when the dumbing down of the game was already in full bloom.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

No challenge at all.

Big shock here. Somebody doesn't know what they are talking about. *Gasp*

The truth is only a very small % will down the raid easily.  In fact, most of the player base never will.

Originally posted by BrooksTech

No challenge at all.

The truth is only a very small % will down the raid easily.  In fact, most of the player base never will.

I'm an ex member of Vis Maior from Bonechewer, I probably know more about this game than you or anyone you associate with ever will.

There was a very clear reason why we called it quits to raiding in this game, and it wasn't because it was too hard. Do a google and see what we accomplished during our time in WoW, we were responsible for numerous world firsts and noteworthy accomplishments, all back when they actually meant something.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

as long as the dungeon is still open by the time I get there in about three months time.

No challenge at all.

I'm an ex member of Vis Maior from Bonechewer, I probably know more about this game than you or anyone you associate with ever will.

There was a very clear reason why we called it quits to raiding in this game, and it wasn't because it was too hard. Do a google and see what we accomplished during our time in WoW, we were responsible for numerous world firsts and noteworthy accomplishments, all back when they actually meant something.

[mod edit]

You make a blanket statement about me "not knowing what I am talking about".

I refute your statement by explaining some background on myself and things I was part of when I played, lending credibility to myself as an experienced raider who was very involved in the competitive vanilla raiding scene.

And you respond with a bitter, spite laced retort that basically calls me a "no lifer".

Thanks for proving my point completely...

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

No challenge at all.

You stand corrected, and obviously never played during Vanilla when raids actually took large periods of time for guilds to clear.

I'm guessing you didn't start playing till Wrath or better, when the dumbing down of the game was already in full bloom.

You pretty muched confirmed my point with your sarcasm....there was only 1 mode in vanilla, which was =/- Heroic mode today. Wow introduced "heroic modes" in Wotlk, and believe me, normal modes were being cleared by top guilds in the world immeditly....that doesnt mean "content was dumbed down", it means there was a new, easier verion of the content, made for more casual players, that dropped crapier loot etc. It still took most, even world first guilds, months to progress though heroic modes (again, which is the targeted raiding for Raiders).

Just because Blizzard added an easier version of each raid, doesnt mean there is no challenge.....you are basically saying any game ever released is too easy, because you chose "easy" from the menu, instead of Hard.

Thats why Blizz managed to stay 9+ million strong almost a decade after release, there is conent for everybody, those who want easy quick fun (LFR/Normal), and those that want hardcore beat your head on your keyboard raiding (Heroic).

You really cannot argue with that lol

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

No challenge at all.

Raid was open for months in beta, to some guilds this is not new they knew all the encounters.  End off.

No challenge at all.

You pretty muched confirmed my point with your sarcasm....there was only 1 mode in vanilla, which was =/- Heroic mode today. Wow introduced "heroic modes" in Wotlk, and believe me, normal modes were being cleared by top guilds in the world immeditly....that doesnt mean "content was dumbed down", it means there was a new, easier verion of the content, made for more casual players, that dropped crapier loot etc. It still took most, even world first guilds, months to progress though heroic modes (again, which is the targeted raiding for Raiders).

Just because Blizzard added an easier version of each raid, doesnt mean there is no challenge.....you are basically saying any game ever released is too easy, because you chose "easy" from the menu, instead of Hard.

Thats why Blizz managed to stay 9+ million strong almost a decade after release, there is conent for everybody, those who want easy quick fun (LFR/Normal), and those that want hardcore beat your head on your keyboard raiding (Heroic).

I disagree entirely, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

No challenge at all.

[mod edit]

You make a blanket statement about me "not knowing what I am talking about".

I refute your statement by explaining some background on myself and things I was part of when I played, lending credibility to myself as an experienced raider who was very involved in the competitive vanilla raiding scene.

And you respond with a bitter, spite laced retort that basically calls me a "no lifer".

Thanks for proving my point completely...

No.  the truth is, you know nothing about my own  history with WoW.  And your comments are very funny because of that.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

Kael'thas Sunstrider was beaten on May 25th 2007 (the eye, a raid that shipped WITH TBC, which came out on 16 January 2007.)

Just food for thought on why people are slightly annoyed that this was cleared on the first day.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I dont play WOW anymore, but all I gotta say is wtf??? the expansion didnt even have a raid launch with it?

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

No challenge at all.

No, because they have to artificially stagger raid content because it's too easy and if they didn't, people would finish this games content in a month or two (though we both know even less for some).

They also know it's going to be ages until the next expansion. There's something inherently wrong with their designs when they have to resort to this.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Why exactly would I care about someone ELSE clearing it? I'm only interested in myself clearing it, which is not today.

No challenge at all.

Man, you can't just disagree with facts.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    A large majority must surely be absolutely sick to death with the raiding model by now, this is a carbon copy of the same process problems and arguments you see every single wow release, it's nauseating!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    A large majority must surely be absolutely sick to death with the raiding model by now, this is a carbon copy of the same process problems and arguments you see every single wow release, it's nauseating!

Which is why they jumped into the raid immediately, right? Because they're so sick of it :P.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

No challenge at all.

I fail to understand what there is to disagree with in his post. Everything he stated is true???????????

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

I fail to understand what there is to disagree with in his post. Everything he stated is true???????????

You seriously read that and don't find an inherent contradiction from the phrase in red?

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

No challenge at all.

Haha don't waste your breat- I mean keystrokes buddy. If I've learned anything on these forums, is that people will attack you like a pack of wolves even if your criticism is valid and constructive. Heck you might even get reported for trolling. But I hear you. Raid finder while fun, was pretty damn sad to see what raids have been reduced to. I'd still love to try pandaria though. For even a fraction of that feeling I got when I first played WoW. 

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It's hard to argue, but dear god why put yourself through it again, literally doing the same thing you have been doing for 8 years - the intellect usually demand fresh stimulus- what is suppressing it?? Break out, be human, live again lol ;)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

More like first couple days tops.

Its a shame a company has to throttle content like this because they cant produce enough.  Not only do you have to put up with gear threadmills now they implement content throttling?  WTF!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.