Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Ares - The God of War

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hi-Rez Studios has released a new trailer revealing the newest god to join the SMITE pantheon. Ares, the God of War, is a reviled god, hated by the people for what he represents: War, strife and more. He's a magical tank in SMITE which the video shows off in game. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PlamgarPlamgar Member Posts: 17
    HAIL GOD OF WAR
  • LiltihiaLiltihia Member Posts: 19
    I guess the Greek Gods like their magic, since both of thier tank gods are Magic tanks..
  • KrellenKrellen Member Posts: 84
    Interesting God.  Ult is crazy good.  Magic tank but one of very few that seems like it can be a hybrid.  Go with physical damage and tank aura items.  These will give good AA and still give magical power via passive.  Who knows if it be any good but interesting.
  • handheldhandheld Member UncommonPosts: 120
    This is hero is the perfect example of visual and mechanical conflict. Ares looks like an amazing melee bruiser type hero but his primary damage source is magical which conflicts completely with the way he looks. Its the one thing i dont like about the game is that the heroes all look good however they play absolutely nothing like they look.
  • CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Ares looks good and his Ult seems amazing combined with other AE Ults.  However, I too wish he would have been physical instead of magical.  There are already so many magic tanks (Hades, Sobek,  Ymir, and even Guan Yu to a lesser degree.)  Odin and Vamana are the only physical tanks.  Why did the game need a 5th magic tank?  Maybe they could have changed things up and based his damage off Armor instead, which makes more sense for a tank anyway.
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    highres insists on creating mage gods with melee weapons....
  • CypeqCypeq Member Posts: 66

He's a good support you don't need to invest in magic to make him good -_- I don't get you ppl. Same goes with Ymir they are TANKY / DISABLERS / INITIATOR not damage dealers.

Great way to make them op is to scale their skill damage with normal atacks...