Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Origins Of Malu: You Control the World

Comments

• HarveyHeskoHarveyHesko Member Posts: 5

Absolutely an awesome gut shot to the major production companies out there who lose interest in what you want after they start receiving their money. I applaud Burning Dog for what looks like a combination of a little of what all gamers are looking for from a team who has an ear out to the public and respond to the cries from the masses. Im ready to jump on right now. 

I have given them my output throughout production and they havent dissapointed.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by denshing
    I want to make a rivel flow into somebodies house so when they come back online they will be like, wtf.

That made me think about the ability to be a graffiti artist in a sandbox video game. Look out, ./"DesXonE".

• BlarklarkBlarklark Member Posts: 6
    Cant wait to luv this game :D
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    What's the payment model?  That opens/closes a lot of doors on its own.
  • chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I think this type of game has to be FTP personally for the following reasons:

- Needs a lot of players to make it work, even casual ones are good to keep the pop up.

- Easy to sell housing kits or whatever.  Not pay to win but if you want the best looking gear then pay for it.

- People will be so much more patient with the development.  If I pay a sub and the game is half baked I tend to leave in 2 weeks.

- Will attract a lot of players who have another main subbed MMO.  Will allow a lot of players to play and not feel like they need to choose between their established MMO/guild and the new one.

Only way in my book.

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Now here's a game I would even pay a subscription for! Sounds very exciting
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by chryses

- Needs a lot of players to make it work, even casual ones are good to keep the pop up.

I dont agree, you dont need millions of peoples to feed a game. Casual crownd are a plague for this kind of game cause most of them want everything without taking the time to play and with no effort. So they will whine because  they cant have a house in the minutes.

- Easy to sell housing kits or whatever.  Not pay to win but if you want the best looking gear then pay for it.

Sell housing kit? And what about you take the time to craft these kits? We are talking about games here.. not buying barby house for youre kids.. geez.

- People will be so much more patient with the development.  If I pay a sub and the game is half baked I tend to leave in 2 weeks.

No one is patients even with F2P, most of these so called mmoRPG players, these days want everythings and fast.

You said it yourself '' If I pay a sub and the game is half baked I tend to leave in 2 weeks.

- Will attract a lot of players who have another main subbed MMO.  Will allow a lot of players to play and not feel like they need to choose between their established MMO/guild and the new one.

If this game offer me more liberty and challenge then other mmoRPG, then yes i will leave other sub game, cause they do not offer me much or i should say almost nothing these days.

Only way in my book.

Well in my book you're book is wrong. But we do not want the same thing do we?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I can't imagine subbing to a game like this.  But I will keep my eye on it and how everything works.  I have to wonder how much of what people build can be destroyed while they sleep or mangled by others.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by Starpower

It's funny. A lot of sandbox lovers seem to think, Minecraft has acceptable graphics but as soon as somebody mentions WoWs graphics people cringe.

Weird people

Really most people don't, but minecraft makes up for it.  First thing I did is download mods and a high resolution texture pack.  Even then it's hard to get immersed, just easy to have fun.

Consider that many people see minecraft as a testbed, not something they'd accept as the real deal in mmo form.  And many people into minecraft (it surprises me that according to my teacher gf it's very popular amongst middle schoolers) are not mmo gamers in general.

So what you are saying is .. you are able to have fun in Minecraft despite the graphics and not because of the graphics.. I don't see how that contradict anything I wrote. I said acceptable... not great

The WoW hate is so great, it borders on the irrational sometimes... this is one of those times for a few of the posters here

• SkelarSkelar Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Silok
    Originally posted by chryses

I dont agree, you dont need millions of peoples to feed a game. Casual crownd are a plague for this kind of game cause most of them want everything without taking the time to play and with no effort. So they will whine because  they cant have a house in the minutes.

Sell housing kit? And what about you take the time to craft these kits? We are talking about games here.. not buying barby house for youre kids.. geez.

No one is patients even with F2P, most of these so called mmoRPG players, these days want everythings and fast.

You said it yourself '' If I pay a sub and the game is half baked I tend to leave in 2 weeks.

If this game offer me more liberty and challenge then other mmoRPG, then yes i will leave other sub game, cause they do not offer me much or i should say almost nothing these days.

Only way in my book.

Well in my book you're book is wrong. But we do not want the same thing do we?

Definitely agree with Silok here. Who knows, maybe I'm just old school, but I find the F2P games with their micro-transaction stores to be tacky... Even if it's not pay to win I just don't like how most of them will try and wave the store in your face as often as possible. I'm a much bigger fan of paying a sub and just playing the game knowing that I have access to everything so long as I'm willing to put in whatever time and effort is required. The usual price of a subscription really isn't that much so I've never thought twice about it.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    I saw SWG in this article and didn't bother finishing it before throwing every leather-bound currency carrier at my screen.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Hope nobody places immovable objects around my spawn point trapping me. Thre should be safe zones but again who's to stop somebody with enough time from building walls or planting trees around it  to trap people.

Hope the player ran factions don't get abused too much. It's ok to have power in your own towns etc but on other games where you can control the land and things players tend to create their own personal dungeons / crafing areas / leveling / whatever and only allow their friends in and pk everyone else who enters or disallows access to anyone who doesn't have the lock combination etc. so limit that to only player controlled areas.

Hope you can buy land and lockdown stuff (or atleast set traps for would be thieves). Hope there is no chunky random mess of ghost towns scattered around as what happens when players can add to the world. They should allow plots for housing, farming etc but the whole point of a game like this is to see a piece of land and go hey ahouse would look good there and build it so maybe an auto decay system could get put in place.

Be interesting if this game succeeds.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian

Dunno, it sounds good, but graphically it looks like a ripoff of WoW. Again, graphics don't make a game good, but it also doesn't help it when they look like a child drew the game you're making with crayons.

Not looking for super realism either, but i always felt SWG was a good mix between how a game should look & realistic expectation.

I'll keep my eye on this one, but i won't expect much until I can touch it.

It looks absolutely nothing like WoW.

People should stop comparing games to WoW.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

The game looks good ,I hope it will be playable enough at launch and not another disappointment for players looking for this kind of mmo. No problems with graphics here,the only ones complaining about colorful graphics are "hardcores" who always want "dark and gritty" graphics because that is what "real" gamers play.

• Cyraxx31Cyraxx31 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Sounds like a fun and interesting concept. I will definitely keep an eye out for it.
  • phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63
    As a long time player of SWG and WURM im so ready to play this :) Sounds epic!!!
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    *fingers crossed in hope if it being SWG 2.0*

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• falconxs60falconxs60 Member Posts: 1

Looks interesting cant wait for playing it.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    The game doesn't look SWG 2.0 to me.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• CaponoCapono Member Posts: 2
    The game look s good hope it will be released in europe too.
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
     Do you miss Star Wars Galaxies? Do you miss science-fiction MMORPGs that let you be a crafter and make your entire game focus around that? Do you miss making your own houses, towns, and shops? Do you wish more games allowed players to make their own factions and vie for control of territory as opposed to just grinding rep with some NPCs? Do you wish more games would allow players to truly change the world based on their actions?[

No, in fact the whole "player run" type of mmorpg just encourages 1-3 "elite" guilds (no lifers pretty much) will control everything about the game and make the "have nots" completely worthless to the game...

• tkacidtkacid Member Posts: 17
    I can't wait either!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Just hoping this won't get watered down. The idea of staying outside of faction PvP is innovative, interesting to see how the gameplay pans out.

I am doing two posts in a row where the upcoming games are looking good, What is going on? :)

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    The new WoW expansion looks great! Oh wait...lol jk. The art style made me say that. haven't heard to much about this one, will have to look into it.

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107
    Sounds also a lot like SeeD except for the bits about three races and building turrets.  That... might be a good thing.  SeeD was an idea that did not deserve the fate it received.