Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just finished Jade Forrest

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Just completed 'the jade forrest' zone, got the achievement too for completing all the story lines.  Play time about 9 hours - not rushing just heading off in the general direction and seeing what was about.

Thus far I think this have been the best leveling experience of any WoW expansion, lots of variety in the quests, sure there were kill quests etc but they were over quiet quick and were normaly just a filler quest in the same area you had to complete a story quests.  Main quests had voice over and there were 3 or 4 cinematic sequences.  Phasing was used but used extemely well at least from a solo players experience. 

If I were to rate MOP on this zone alone I'd give it an 8.5/10

Anyway I just landed in yhe Valley of the four winds, plan to do a dungeon or two before I explore... lets see if Blizzard can keep it up?

Comments

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

I'm 86, played this level 3,5 hours (dunno how much for 85-86) and I just landed in Dawn's Blossom.

I guess I'm a slow leveler? I did do some dungeons and LOTS of ganking/gathering, but still.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by expresso

Just completed 'the jade forrest' zone, got the achievement too for completing all the story lines.  Play time about 9 hours - not rushing just heading off in the general direction and seeing what was about.

Thus far I think this have been the best leveling experience of any WoW expansion, lots of variety in the quests, sure there were kill quests etc but they were over quiet quick and were normaly just a filler quest in the same area you had to complete a story quests.  Main quests had voice over and there were 3 or 4 cinematic sequences.  Phasing was used but used extemely well at least from a solo players experience. 

Anyway I just landed in yhe Valley of the four winds, plan to do a dungeon or two before I explore... lets see if Blizzard can keep it up?

Glad you are enjoying it tho. My roommie loves how they did the Warlocks now. He said he can tank with his in dungeons.

Did you have to go around and gather the quests to do them and then run back to turn them all in? Or did they change that?

Will you be getting any rewards from the explorations you achieve? Did they bring back locked chests either in the open world or in dungeons that have nice things in them?

These were a few of the things that disappointed me with this when i played the beta. It's like they just put out some short term stuff to keep people occupied and subbing. smh

I would be very surprised if they can keep up with the people who usually play this style of game, the endgame rush community is everywhere these days. (not the OP)

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Any specifics that made it the best leveling experience?

About kill quests, I never really understood people whining about those, it was a hot topic at SWTOR launch, but come on, we play these games for a large part to just do the combat, but kill quests are not alright?

I'm really not talking about you, just popped into my mind since you mentioned it, seriously, I think it's fun to do combat in these games, as long as it's not the main point of quests all the time.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Im liking this expansion a lot more than I thought I would.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Kuinn

About kill quests, I never really understood people whining about those, it was a hot topic at SWTOR launch, but come on, we play these games for a large part to just do the combat, but kill quests are not alright?

I'm really not talking about you, just popped into my mind since you mentioned it, seriously, I think it's fun to do combat in these games, as long as it's not the main point of quests all the time.

It all just kind of flows better than ever, something you need to play I guess.  I loved the giant wall mural that expanded as you did quests -- was like a little extra reward for doing things. 

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I've found Throne of the Four Winds pretty boring tbh, it's a bit like your Dragonblight to Grizzly Hills in Wrath.

One minute your fighting the Lich King at the Wrathgate next...you back to killing 10 bears....hmmm :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

The more I play this expansion the more its lloking like Im going to be calling it my favorite.

I'm suprised , I really didnt think it was going to be this good.

Seems Blizz realized they needed to get serious again after losing so many subs after Cata's launch.

This expansion "feels" like Wrath to me and I loved wrath.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

I'm having a decent time, as well. I'm finding it a little impossible to die (pve) though. Which is fine, I guess, but it is certainly very easy. 

I think I am enjoying this story far more than cataclysm though.

Minor spoiler:

There's a big event at the end of the Jade Forest, and I found it quite shocking. Like I genuinely felt bad that my character took part in making it happen. 

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I agree with you. There is a much stronger story element here like Wrath had

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I am about halfway through the four winds zone now (i guess) and so many things, storys and characters just link up as you play, Chen stormstout and his neice keep popping up and if you choose to take his neice on your adventure when chen goes off to the brewary (which I strongly suggest you do) then it makes the quests you a do with her in toe a little more charming, her comments as you accept and do quests add that lil bit extra.  The last quest I did tonight was one where I had to kick a lazy pandarin back to his village.. that had blizzzrd humor all over it. The added voice over on many quests really adds as sense of immersion. Loving it so far.
  • ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    i'm liking the farming aspect of cooking in valley of the four winds. it makes the profession more fun. before it seemed kind of useless.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    until now, considering all the changes to talents, zones, gear from valor and dungeons, proffesions, plus the addition of challenge modes, scenarios, world bosses, world pvp and pet battles (as a fun factor), i can say its the best expansion blizzard ever made. the only thing left, is to see raids. if they are like the rest  of the content, then imo MoP is superior even from van/tbc.
  • MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Zuvielify
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I agree with you. There is a much stronger story element here like Wrath had

I agree they have succeeded in making a strong story to the levelling.

I would rate the new zones as the best expansion so far solely because of this.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Agreed, my complaint is about quest that have you feeding cattle or picking up fire wood. That's not a quest, that's a chore.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Agreed, my complaint is about quest that have you feeding cattle or picking up fire wood. That's not a quest, that's a chore.

And Guild Wars 2 is full of it. ROFL! Hence, why I am already bored with GW2.

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Not that it matters, but if you chose to do chore tasks in GW2 intentionally and are someone that doesn't enjoy them, it's your own fault.

You had other options - there was never a time when the only way to progress was by completing renown hearts - ever.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

I couldn't imagine anyone not eventually getting bored if all they choose to do are chores. Fortunately the game offers you an alternative to chores. Case in point: if you don't want to feed the cows in Queensdale, you can kill the wurms instead and the "questgiver" will be equally satisfied.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

and you are not the only one...

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by coretex666

I am already level 90 with achieve for all HC dungs finished.

Have to say I am having a blast. I do not really care if there are pandas running around.

As a person who hates levelling, I have to say that it was not such a painful process as I expected. There were many quests most of which were pretty much of standard Blizz quality. It means very well polished, yet the same old objectives (kill, gather, free, talk to, explore,...). I was quite happy with that, but I do understand how some people can be disappointed.

Now I am looking forward to raiding and PvP with my guild. After months of hybernation at the end phase of previous expansion caused by lack of content updates, the guild is full of active players again.

If I was to give the game some rating based on experience to date, I would give it 9 / 10. I do not think I will be making some kind of review of the game. It would not be worth it, I think. The game is still the same with some new activities at the maximum level.

For me, it is still great fun to play...

It's good to see an opinion from somebody who has actually played the expansion for some actual length of time!