Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Now Live with Celebratory Video Released

2»

Comments

• PolantarisPolantaris Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Qtar
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower

boring contents in an expansion? Lotro is coming out with an expansion that has small conent NO dungeons at all, no pvp stuff. What are other expansions that comes out with as much contents as mop? rift storm legion sems packed with contents. thats as close as you can get.

Oh right did darkfall have contents? what about mortal online's expansion? did that have tons of contents? you talk as if having more contents in an expansion for your money is bad or outdated. Most mmorpg epxansions dont even give you half of what is listed in mop and slap you with $59.95 price tag and call it an expansion how about ddo expansion? wow just more dungeons to play around with no pvp no extras. and throw in a class thats it. 

Lets not even talk about contents for your money, how about features thats actually working and not bugged. mop is polished.

This i dont play wow from Wotkl but no one expansion dont give you so much content , lotro , ddo etc etc

The original Guild Wars expansions.  Not only were they standalone (except for the last one), they all included massive amounts of content.

---
    This is but a brief parting.

• KoffeeKidKoffeeKid Member UncommonPosts: 2

I and a lot of others say no to $15/mo or $360 assuming 2 years before the next release.  All of that money to play a game with poor graphics, 300 new daily quests, grind on dungeons for a chance a raid gear, take part in arenas which are not balanced nor could ever be with their model, ignore the story because quests are not memorible nor have they ever been, and play with a joke race.

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

MoP is medicore at best.

I've played since '06, purchased every expansion (including MoP). And had a max level with in the first 3weeks of release (per expansion). This is the first expansion where I've logged in done about 40min of actual leveling then sat in Stormwind talking with guild...finally logging out.

I'd like to see the subs after October or what ever the last month that the 'Annual Pass' coverd (for me it runs out Oct. 6th). Something tells me MoP won't keep peoples' attention for long.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Hardcore players will be done with that content in 1 month. That's how fast they left GW2.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Seeing the haters comes out makes me like the game even more
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Dyner

MoP is medicore at best.

I've played since '06, purchased every expansion (including MoP). And had a max level with in the first 3weeks of release (per expansion). This is the first expansion where I've logged in done about 40min of actual leveling then sat in Stormwind talking with guild...finally logging out.

I'd like to see the subs after October or what ever the last month that the 'Annual Pass' coverd (for me it runs out Oct. 6th). Something tells me MoP won't keep peoples' attention for long.

i thought Blizzard would announce a new annual pass offer -- but remains to be seen

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

You forgot to mention 15 euros a month too! lol! This game is no good anymore. I bought the whole deal just for this expansion and just said goodbye to it. GW2 rocks major time! No panda or pirate monkey and cartoony outdated gfx can fix that. GW2 is way better and you all know it. Have fun playing it though, I do think it is good for those that want it. But its gone for me, no paying 15 euros a month and have to even purchase the expansion. Oh and tell me, whats that 15 euros a month for anyways? Server costs? GW2 has the same with servers, but no monthly pay! Hehehe, oh I did hear that in a while, WOW is going f2p too. :)

Enjoy!

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

Considering the content: not bad.. Have seen Blizz do better... remember Burning Crusade?

As far as a sure fire expansion? the number of canceled accounts exceeds 1.2 million and counting... So far so good..

It was asked many moons ago: What game can kill WoW?

Answer: no game needs to, Blizz will do it themselves... one more lame expansion to go folks Until Blizz releases Codename:Titan!

Enjoy this pitiful excuse for an expansion and anticipate the next in a year...

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Hardcore players will be done with that content in 1 month. That's how fast they left GW2.

Doubtful.  WoW seems to last so long because of all the limitations Blizz puts into their "subscription scam" payment model.  If you can only raid once a week, you're bound to keep paying until you do everything.  It'll take a while.

• BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Yay! World of Kung-Fu Pandas! Oh! Do you get your berry-best friends from the gumdrop forest to 'buff' you before fighting against the evil forces of Slumberdorf? Oh joy! Oh rapture! I can't wait! (not).
  • RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128
    If Blizzard sent me a check for $100.00 I still wouldn't play this KUNG FU PANDA pile of garbage. Maybe a check for $1,000.00 would sway me to play for a week TOPS.

--- Razimus

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower

o forgot to mention 3 raids instances 14 bosses 2 world bosses and moooooore

whoa this expansion is content filled, more mini games mind boggling. How is that even possible????

Lol Winning!!! my 4 boxes of mop collector's edition is on its way from amazon lol.

How does blizzard keep kicking asses in contents against other mmorpgs is beyond me. :p

How does it even work? :p

I've been a WoW player since the first year, and I say the content has been woefully lacking, in terms of quantity. It is the most profitable game on the planet; it should have the bigeest, most well developed Xpacks, not to mention the content in between, and, I don't know what other MMOGs you are playing, but it doesn't deliver anything special in terms of quantity by any strectch of the imagination.

MoP might bring more content, but it's schlock. WoW has been weakened in quality considerably, so while MoP might give you more to do, it is less interesting and less fulfilling except as busy-work. What they have done is bring in their second-string developers and are doing their best to make things easier for them, and calling it improvements for the players.

Other MMOGs are making their content richer; they are adding to the talent selection process, not taking away from it.  WoW seems to be moving to fulfill the role it has long been labeled by its detractors, the easy fluff game for care-bear people who don't really want to play a game so much as hang with their friends, and are irritated by content that asks them to pay attention to the game.

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

With Anet forcing the "diminishing returns" down our throats in Guild Wars 2 which goes against the core game design and end-game mechanics and makes buying Karma Boosters pointless.

I have to admit I'm getting feed up with it, not to mention having only one level 80 zone is terrible for Guild Wars 2, the zerg is so bad on my server that it causes the mobs to be invisible and not show on screen.

All people do is AOE tag the mobs and zerg on to the next event....

I can't believe I'm even considering going back to WoW!

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

Its funny as time goes by and you play new MMO's and then go back to Wow you start to notice how dated the game is starting to look. My wife and I watched this video and we both made the same comment about the same time. Long time Wow players that had a good run but its time to move on and we both have decided not to buy the expansion.

Good Luck to you Blizzard with sales! I look forward to see what your next MMO will be. o/

Played really a looot of mmos out there over years ... and to me with every expansion wow brings in it looks better and better. Not even remotely outdated. Have returned few times to Aoc, once i loved to play. Looks terribly outdated to me. Same War. Only 1 have not suffered this is Co besides wow. GW2 have also incredible graphics, hope will bee able to keep up with times.

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209

Wonder how long before people have gone trough the content, getting 90 took em no time at all.

• SteadyDamageSteadyDamage Member Posts: 6
    Ready to be really pissed off...? I lost all my old log in info, email address, etc... I stopped playing for over a year. A friend sent me a free trial account... to upgrade to full play, 39.99.... that was it, all expansions included... Anyone like for me to send them a recruit a friend link? lol
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Sweede

Wonder how long before people have gone trough the content, getting 90 took em no time at all.

all the content that was released took guild like 1 day to finish

only problem is that blizzard releasing 1 raid every 1 week thats why ppl didnt finished everything yet :P