Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd play it if they changed male character looks

LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
I like the rift features but could not stand the male character grafics. Fix this game!

Comments

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Very constructive. Can they change them to whatever then? Like..male toads?

Ah no I see, just another ill thought out post

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    He's not wrong actually.  The models are one thing that makes me not really want to get back into it (all, not just male.) They are a bit stiff and very drab

Originally posted by Deddpool
    He's not wrong actually.  The models are one thing that makes me not really want to get back into it (all, not just male.) They are a bit stiff and very drab

Now that I can relate to :)

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Boldyn

It is just THAT plain simple:The male character models are ugly. Everyone knows and sees that. They just have to remake them and they will see more succees. You can NOT argue on this topic!

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Lonzo

It is just THAT plain simple:The male character models are ugly. Everyone knows and sees that. They just have to remake them and they will see more succees. You can NOT argue on this topic!

Sure i can, its your opinion that they look bad. IMO they look fine.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Soz, didn't know you owned ze internetz! My bad...

I know what can't be argued though, but so does everyone else, well apart from you anyway...

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

but but... they have muscles

sz

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

I like my male Eth, he looks great, he has that old Egyption look, I love it, they look fine.

But for you their are a ton of other MMOs, if looks are all you want.

Your Welcome! image

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

This could be a more constructive discussion OP, if you add some details. For example, what should the male characters look like, in your opinion?

You could say something like:

I dislike the male character model choices in Rift because _______________.

I think they should be more like _________________ because ____________________.

I think that would lead to a more interesting thread.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Just wish the character creator had more room for diversity.  There's a bunch of sliders, but then no matter how much fiddling I'd do, I saw my clones everywhere, because the quality of the character creator is a bit of an illusion.  Not enough real differences or control given to the player.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Rift is one of those rare games where most of the mobs look better than my characters. I particularly hate the portrait view of my male characters, their nose and face always seem too narrow or thin and the combat/running animation a little too stiff. It's not as bad as other games like Vanguard or LOTRO but they could do with a few touches.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Look is important!!!!!! /grin.

I think all modern MMOs do not pay enough attention to how important for players is to create a character that they love to play. Game can have flaws but if you have character you really love you can live with it. On other hand, game can be flawless but if you can't stand your character... unless you absolutely don't care...

I can't think of any MMO that I would be fully satisfied with character creation though. Some do certain things better. The ones that allow lots of customizations with sliders etc I found that yeah cool, but I still can't create what I want...

I am usually enough satisfied if I am able to get things about right LOL and then all my other toons look like copies of the first character with some variations LOL.

Rift definitely would gain a lot if they would make characters more... real?

Oh well:)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E