Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Now with 40M Registered Users

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that World of Tanks player registrations have crossed the 40 million mark and that over 500,000 concurrent users were recently logged into the Russian WoT server. Wargaming.net expects the numbers to continue to grow with the recent release of the v8.0 update.

Wargaming announced today that the company's headlining project World of Tanks has reached an unprecedented 40 million registered users worldwide. This number is twice as big as the game's previous milestone set in early 2012.

Find out more about World of Tanks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    40,000,000 Registered Users? I honestly find that hard to believe. The only time I've heard of this game was through MMORPG.com - which doesn't even have 2,000,000 members.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by mmoDAD
    40,000,000 Registered Users? I honestly find that hard to believe. The only time I've heard of this game was through MMORPG.com - which doesn't even have 2,000,000 members.

I can believe it considering how high the concurrent users were most of the time when I played. Back then I was still playing EVE and we had half the corp on a vacation searching looking for some tank PVP for a change of pace. This game is much more popular than you are aware of, I'd say. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Well then you must be living under a rock somewhere because this is all over the place, places like mmorpg and worldoftanks.com and ...... and..... Well that's it, I guess your right after all :-)
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I believe it. My friend who doesn't play video games is playing this game. I dropped by his place and he said he's playing WOT. If he's playing it, then I believe it.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Silly f2p numbers, probably less than a million actually play and probably a third of those are really active.  Nothing like meaningless numbers.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

there are several servers for it as well. there is a dedicated RU server cluster besides the common NA cluster so im not overly suprised if there are 40mill users. CB4 had a crap ton of logged in players going by the total player/battles in the top left corner of the garage window.  unlike most games of this type i never had issues getting a battle going.  longest wait i had was about 10minutes do to server issues.  only time i have seen a battle start faster was in CS1.6 lol

so yes its very possible for wot to have 40mill. some people do run 2 accounts i think though :/

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

FINALLY!!  an mmo that i can find a tank to raid with

sz

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Silly f2p numbers, probably less than a million actually play and probably a third of those are really active.  Nothing like meaningless numbers.

I havent played in awhile but last time I did there were only about 10k active players on...Alot of games like to brag about how many people register for he game, but almost every time the actual number playing the game isnt even close to that.....Heck I know that I have signed up on a few sites and never even played the game at all.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

They run commercials on TV and advertise on a number of websites...

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    Maybe you were forgetting a 0 its more close to 100k active users at prime time on eu alone.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

No one tell this guy about Maple Story. His head will explode.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

March- April 2012 had 18mill active users, and was mention it in TV chans and internet sites and blogs.

not sure but some mention that the game has and a world record in game industry right now

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by SaunZ

sz

+1 to you. I used to play WoT.....then I took a Tiger P to the hull.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Originally posted by SaunZ

sz

+1 - You win reply of the day.

And they say GW2 was the first MMO to eliminate the trinity image

No healers in WOT I gather.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    It is big enough for a game out of nowhere generate enough money to make a gigantic stand during e3 and develop 2 other games in the series(battleships and airplanes). It's one of those game which have big following but it is less known in the west. just like Dofus which had like hudreds of thousands od paying subscribers in europe (mainly france) when all big western mmos had like half of it. nd yet almost no one ever mentioned that game on this site.
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    World of Deep pockets is what it really should be called. Run by the most shameless P2W company on the net.  No deep pockets, no stay for very long as you get fed up being killed by the those who do.
  • hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

the game is hugely popular in russia and europe.   so i can believe it, the game does pull in over 10 million dollars a month, i would think that would make it very successful. 

btw you dont need deep pockets.  I pay 15 bucks a month, just like I do for any other mmo and I play it just fine and compete with the others just fine.  you dont really even need money, money wont change the performance of your tanks one bit, money is just to make the grind faster.  imo its one of the best free to play games out there as far as what you can spend money on, mainly because money dont matter unless you want to grind faster.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by IAmMMO
    World of Deep pockets is what it really should be called. Run by the most shameless P2W company on the net.  No deep pockets, no stay for very long as you get fed up being killed by the those who do.

thats not the case at all..

yes they have to make money but stuff you can buy hardly makes a difference.. the only thing that i can think of that does is the better ammo.. but it really dont make that much difference.

I played this for months without spending a penny and i was top of the kill list quite a bit... but remember they are still out to make cash just like any other company.

Really looking forward to world of battleships thats for sure :)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by defector1968

March- April 2012 had 18mill active users, and was mention it in TV chans and internet sites and blogs.

not sure but some mention that the game has and a world record in game industry right now

Pure nonsense, btw I have a bridge in brooklyn for sale if you are interested.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

which part is bs ozmodan.  

the game has set a world record for most concurrent users on a single server for over 100k people online on a single server.  the game is popular, you can put your head in the sand or not, but it is making alot of money.  plus its a good game also, alot of fun.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

thats not the case at all..

yes they have to make money but stuff you can buy hardly makes a difference.. the only thing that i can think of that does is the better ammo.. but it really dont make that much difference.

I played this for months without spending a penny and i was top of the kill list quite a bit... but remember they are still out to make cash just like any other company.

Really looking forward to world of battleships thats for sure :)

Unless you have no life you cannot reach max teir without buying a premium tank which can be up to 40 dollars and maintaining a 15 dollar a month subscription.  I played with a premium account for 2 months multiple hours every day and a better than average kdr and still only got to tier 7 and I mean tier7 with no upgrades.  This game is an average game it only maintains this kind of base because if you have no interested in leveling your tank you can play an hour a day and be ok with it.  I don't mind that model but it is P2W.

I'ld be very surprised if they ever did monthly or yearly numbers like LoL which is still the f2p standard.  I think that they have millions of duplicate accounts and one time log-ins then quit.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I have played on a mates account and he had a few premium tanks.. cant remember what ones but they where not max teir ones.. i found the standard tanks to be a lot better...

Either way as you said its good for jumping onto now and then to have a blast its not the kind of game i could put hours and hours into every day.. but i never felt that I had to spend money to be able to compete in games..

but a game that can keep pulling people back even tho its for a few hours every day or so is a good one.