Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Closed Beta Registrations Begin

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has announced that closed beta registrations are now being accepted for the just-started testing cycle for Marvel Heroes. Stephen Reid has also published an FAQ for potential testers about what they can expect for the selection process.

Notice I did say ‘testing’ and not ‘play a demo’ or ‘play the game early’. When we say ‘Closed Beta’ it means that you’re testing unfinished software. Marvel Heroes is still in active development, and everyone who applies for Closed Beta should realize, quite simply, that it’s not done. We hope you’ll enjoy playing, but we also hope you’ll help us make the game even better with great constructive feedback and dedicated testing. Taking part in a Closed Beta can sometimes be more like work than play – but it’s a unique chance to see a game taking shape, and to get an insight into development.

We still know many of you are excited to get into Closed Beta and help us test. We just need a little more information from you to make that happen. Let’s break down the next few steps.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

The only problem I have with this game, is the lack of continuity.

Just seems kind dumb to have Punisher, Thor, and Rocket Raccoon, fighting side by side.

It will be really dumb to have a billion wolverines running around the same area too.

That's just my first impression.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I hope it's good.  The graphics look decent and Marvel is way more interesting than DC (apart from Batman).
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Again... Why does this game exist in the format that it is in? I don't want to play Diablo, I want to play in the Marvel Universe, not look down on it. 

Smile

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Again... Why does this game exist in the format that it is in? I don't want to play Diablo, I want to play in the Marvel Universe, not look down on it. 

They forgot that about the gazilion players that like Marvel and but don't wan to play Diablo. If I wanted to play Diablo I would play it.

I don't want to rush but I don't think this game will go far, They could at least try like DC did or they could take the best from CO and CoX.

But Why Diablo???

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    I am bummed that this is diablo style as well, but I will try it any way.  If it was a standard MMO do you realize how fun it could be raiding areas like the sentinels Master Mold, or Magneto's Asteroid M.  Outer space adventures and the negative zone.  The friggin' possibilities are endless! GRRRR!  NUFF SAID!!!
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    whoa David Brevik is making it? It's going to be good no matter what!
  • maxx5452maxx5452 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Corthala

They forgot that about the gazilion players that like Marvel and but don't wan to play Diablo. If I wanted to play Diablo I would play it.

I don't want to rush but I don't think this game will go far, They could at least try like DC did or they could take the best from CO and CoX.

But Why Diablo???

This game is more like Ultimate Alliance mixed with Diablo than just being like Diablo.  I like the Ultimate Alliance games and with this being free, I'll give it a shot. I don't want a game that is just like DC Online or COH with a Marvel skin.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Corthala

But Why Diablo???

Isometric view or semi Isometric view has been part of the Marvel Alliance games as a standard concept. It's not really excluding Marvel fans because... well... thats what many of them expect.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

As GrayGhost has mentioned, this top-down view has been the standard for Marvel Alliance games for years. If anything, this is a great opportunity to make a superhero  MMO different than all the other WoW clones.

I'm wondering if the complainers about the Diablo view are too young to even be familiar with the entirety of the Marvel Alliance series.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Denambren

As GrayGhost has mentioned, this top-down view has been the standard for Marvel Alliance games for years. If anything, this is a great opportunity to make a superhero  MMO different than all the other WoW clones.

I'm wondering if the complainers about the Diablo view are too young to even be familiar with the entirety of the Marvel Alliance series.

Maybe.  I think it has more to do with that phenomenon where people see the acronym "MMO" and automatically assume it's supposed to be similar to the majority of games in the genre.  It happens a lot.  If you're missing a "standard" feature or have a diferent camera angle, be ready to be flamed.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Denambren

The fact is it's called "Marvel Heroes" not "Marvel Heroes: Ultimate Alliance." I understand that Ultimate Alliance was popular and did good, but this is an MMO and from the looks of it is going to be very solo-based, which is not in any way "Massive."

Smile