Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MoP is the best WoW expansion to date.

2»

Comments

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    they hotfixed the justice point gear so that you don't have to grind the reputation to purchase it now.
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I'm happy.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Svarcanum

I'm a bit surprised to be honest. I knew I would like it more than Cataclysm, but not this much.

I rushed my monk to 90 within the first 24h of launch just to get started on the endgame (yes, I got the server first, and didn't get to sleep for 39h in total and yes, I'm still married, though maybe not as happily). And jeez louise, there's so much content. Now, first off, scenarios. I hate them. They're boring. I played one at lvl 90, and I still regret it. So they're not for me, I accept that. But all the rest is! Pet Battles are surprisingly deep and fun. Challenge Modes are INSANELY addicting. I just wanted to run the same dungeon over and over to shave off a few minutes on our last time. And I've only tried a few of them yet!

The daily quest design makes me as a raider need to go out in the world so the game does no longer feel lobby based. Hell, it's hard to find any one area where there are more people in than in any other. Makes recruiting a mage for my guild a pain, heh. Oh, and I'm actually enjoying planting stuff on my farm. Go figure! I thought I would hate it! Even picked up cooking (revamped for tradeskill noobs like me) for the first time since first week of closed beta, hah.

The raids incoming in a few days and then a few weeks after that seem to offer a very varied and lengthy experience. I am very much looking forward to this.

I didn't try pvp much, since it's an area I haven't focused much since the hayday of wotlk.

All in all: I love MoP! (except the Justice Point reward design, grrr)

I don't play WoW so excuse the question but....

Did you basically just say that MoP added Pokemon and Farmville into it? Wow....

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

I agree...and I have to admit to be quite surprised by MOP after the Cata blunder. The zones are beautifully done and the dailies have been moved to towns outside of SW and Org which really helps to promote world PVP (if you're on a PVP server).

I'm only 88 so far but my impressions are that Blizzard took some time with this one and put some effort into this xpac to make it more fun. Crafting was also given some love and I really like how they designed Cooking - haven't done the fishing yet since I'm not 90 but it looks good also.

I never had intended to do the pet battle thing but even that looks like it'll be a great mini-game to break the PVP grind routine.

More review after I've had more time to play :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by mark2123
    Originally posted by ste2000

Good for you.

Personally, I don't ike Pandas or other cute things in my MMOs so I will pass.

Was hesitant about Pandas, but they are easily the more interesting to play and I'm having a blast on my monk. All about personal opinion I guess.

Also enjoying playing a Pandarian Monk, though I was a little surprised to suddenly find myself in Discworld.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by ste2000

Good for you.

Personally, I don't ike Pandas or other cute things in my MMOs so I will pass.

Yet you have EQ3, which is sure to include 'cute' races like Vah Shir or Ratonga and GW2 (Asura) in your hype meter.

And for as lighthearted as many aspects of WoW are, there are some VERY dark quest lines

• will1448will1448 Member Posts: 3
    I like the previous wow expansion. I'm expecting this expansion is better than it's predecessor.