Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oct 1 patch notes

2»

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Stayonboard
    • Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.

what is this referring to?

how it was explained on forums

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Kits-Auto-attacks-Fixed

engineers weapon kits (like Flamethrower) used to not have an auto-attack set. You would have to manually spam the 1 key, or Ctrl + click on the first ability to toggle it, EVERY time you switched to a weapon kit.

That is now fixed and this removed a lot of the awkwardness engineers had to deal with.

• SneakyRussianSneakyRussian Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by prpshrt

Idk about lotro but do you remember seeing outland, pandaria, northrend as part of the original map? I certainly do not. I'm not being impatient. I saw these regions in beta and expected them to be released given that I was required to have at least 25 GB of space. 

Everquest a mmo that released in 1999

had Serpents Spine on the original map -- a region that wasnt available until 7 years later

map of norrath

http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/m.dodge/cybergeography/atlas/everquest_all_large.jpg

heres an old post from 2002 about Everquest

http://otherworlds31279.yuku.com/topic/960/Unknown-zones-in-EQ#.UGsP0E3A-kg

Areas on world map that shipped with Velious that have yet to be found/implimented:
    Odus:
    -Abysmal Sea
    -The Vasty Deep
    -The Barren Coast
    -The Gulf of Uzun
    -The Grand Plateau

Antonica:
    -The Northlands
    -The Hatchland
    -The Nest
    -Winters Deep
    -Unkept Wood
    -Lake Neriuss
    -The Dead Hills
    -The Buried Sea
    -Broken Skull Rock
    -Gulf of Gunthak

Faydwer:
    -The Loping Plains
    -Wyunder Lake
    -Elizerain Lake
    -Dragonscale Hills

Kunark:
    -Vesker

Velious:
    -none-

These were zones scrapped from their respective release, and then subsequently forgotten about. It was considered a "waste of resources" to go back and add them as they'd be well under the level 60 range, and most of Everquest is now about "End Game" shenanigans. Everyone rushes past 60+ nowadays, so adding in those zones would be a horrible waste of time unless they made them level 100 zones :).

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian

These were zones scrapped from their respective release, and then subsequently forgotten about. It was considered a "waste of resources" to go back and add them as they'd be well under the level 60 range, and most of Everquest is now about "End Game" shenanigans. Everyone rushes past 60+ nowadays, so adding in those zones would be a horrible waste of time unless they made them level 100 zones :).

half of those zones were added after release,  the map never said what levels you need to be

Gunthak  -   added in LOY expansion (2003)

Loping Plains   (75 to 80 zone)  - added in Secrets of Faydwer expansion (2007)

1. The Ruins of Kunark (April 2000)
    2. The Scars of Velious (December 2000)
    3. The Shadows of Luclin (December 2001)
    4. The Planes of Power (October 2002)
    5. The Legacy of Ykesha (February 2003)
    6. Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 2003)
    7. Gates of Discord (February 2004)
    8. Omens of War (September 2004)
    9. Dragons of Norrath (February 2005)
    10. Depths of Darkhollow (September 2005)
    11. Prophecy of Ro (February 2006)
    12. The Serpent's Spine (September 2006)
    13. The Buried Sea (February 2007)
    14. Secrets of Faydwer (November 2007)
    15. Seeds of Destruction (October 2008)
    16. Underfoot (December 2009)
    17. House of Thule (October 2010)
    18. Veil of Alaris (November 2011)
    19. Rain of Fear (Coming November 2012)
  • StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Stayonboard
    • Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.

what is this referring to?

how it was explained on forums

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Kits-Auto-attacks-Fixed

engineers weapon kits (like Flamethrower) used to not have an auto-attack set. You would have to manually spam the 1 key, or Ctrl + click on the first ability to toggle it, EVERY time you switched to a weapon kit.

That is now fixed and this removed a lot of the awkwardness engineers had to deal with.

That's interesting - I guess this never really bugged me before :)  Im used to spamming the 1 key but I also normally use grenades which is ground targetting and not really an auto attack so I can appreciate how this would annoy others.

Regardless the patch notes look very good - really pleased with the direction this game is going. Can't wait to get home and play!

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by observer
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Still waiting for the update that has: Second half of game now released. 

huh?

Ring of fire isles, magumma wastes, crystal desert, far shiverpeaks, magus falls, isle of janthir, woodland cascades... That stuff...

so because they have plenty of room for expansion the game is only half a game?... makes a lot of sense

I define an expansion as a whole new map. You know, like with cantha in factions and elona in nightfall? 

Huh. Apparently I've painted a target at the back of my head for trying to be honest.

So Lotro was a half finished game?  They didn't release with mines of moria, rohan, etc.  WoW was a half released game too?  They didn't release with Northrend, Outland, Pandaria..  Oh, let's not forget Swtor either, since they didn't release with all the planets and galaxies..

Sorry, but you weren't being honest, you were just expecting too much and being impatient.

No, vanilla WoW was clearly ony 1/5 of the game.  The other 80% came later.  The last 20% was just finished now, after 8 FREAKING YEARS.  Blizzard is slow as balls.  

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

You know that Tyria and Elona are the same continent, right?

And that the GW2 Kryta is only a small peninsula of the main continent?

GW2 number of zones has been set to 25 long before pre-purchase was announced.

This new complaint smells of "new attack of the week".

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

And yet a simple preview on auction is yet again not added?

Man do I really have to search on websites to see how x weapon/armour looks before buying it?

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Ah man, I wish you guys could have seen my phantasmal warden with phantasmal haste, time warp, and sharper images before this patch.  Literally a non-stop spinning whirlwind of death that absorbs projectiles and puts like 15 stacks of bleed on anything in melee range.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104

Good :) let me know it to me too

• Scorp2778Scorp2778 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Reizla

And still no word about minion AI for the necromancer >:( You don't wanna know how many times these minions just stand there when I'm attacking or how many times they're on a killing spree killing everything they see when I'm just walking around.

Necro minion AI sucks balls!

I agree. Nothing like fighting a veteran mob while your pet is checking out a nearby tree or rock. Necro pet AI needs fixed.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

huh?

Ring of fire isles, magumma wastes, crystal desert, far shiverpeaks, magus falls, isle of janthir, woodland cascades... That stuff...

so because they have plenty of room for expansion the game is only half a game?... makes a lot of sense

I define an expansion as a whole new map. You know, like with cantha in factions and elona in nightfall? 

Huh. Apparently I've painted a target at the back of my head for trying to be honest.

So Lotro was a half finished game?  They didn't release with mines of moria, rohan, etc.  WoW was a half released game too?  They didn't release with Northrend, Outland, Pandaria..  Oh, let's not forget Swtor either, since they didn't release with all the planets and galaxies..

Sorry, but you weren't being honest, you were just expecting too much and being impatient.

Idk about lotro but do you remember seeing outland, pandaria, northrend as part of the original map? I certainly do not. I'm not being impatient. I saw these regions in beta and expected them to be released given that I was required to have at least 25 GB of space. I'm certainly not expecting too much given what I saw and read. PvE straight up ends with Orr and frost sound after you hit 80. For someone like me who doesn't give two craps about PvP this is disappointing. You could argue that WoW only had level 85 with the twilight place but they made up for it with HUGE lower level areas. I'm not defending WoW but seeing as you brought it in for comparison I will too. I powered through levels 1 - 80 by just being a casual player. If anything compare it to the content that GW1 had once you hit level 20.  I hope I've convinced you. If not you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Good day. 

If you were really casual about GW2 you would not have reached level 80 that fast.

The reason the map has places that are not yet available is the game GW1. That game established the map we play on. Would you expect them to alter the map that we all know exists in order to leave out places and make you happy?

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

huh?

It's amazing how many trolls say they're just "being honest," when it's obvious to everyone that they're just trying to be a tool.  Not saying anyone in this thread is a troll, but just making an observation about gamer human nature.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

half of those zones were added after release,  the map never said what levels you need to be

Thank you.  Was hoping someone else did all that pesky research and linkage.  =)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Ah man, I wish you guys could have seen my phantasmal warden with phantasmal haste, time warp, and sharper images before this patch.  Literally a non-stop spinning whirlwind of death that absorbs projectiles and puts like 15 stacks of bleed on anything in melee range.

Haha! I ran w/ a couple mesmers doing that before the patch. Made dungeons like CM explorable rediculously easy. Literally made it impossible for the majority of mobs to even hurt us. We even had a few of the bosses completion shutdown the whole, because they couldn't get any attacks passed the wardens, lol. I think we had 5 wardens out at one time. Crazy stuff!

• ebonizedebonized Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Acidon

Thank you.  Was hoping someone else did all that pesky research and linkage.  =)

wow, what is with your signature picture? are you that petty?