Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Is This Game Getting Buried?

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Origins of Malu (OOM) doesn't seem to be getting a ton of coverage for a game that, at least to me, looking very interesting. It's a sandbox that's supposedly coming out at the end of this year so you'd think it would be getting more coverage...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/679/view/hype

There's the game as listed on here. I'd go to the homepage to check out some ingame footage. It doesn't look too bad to me for a sandbox.

Smile

Comments

• ParchmentParchment Member Posts: 24

I really like the graphical style. It reminds me of Ryzom. When it releases I'll definitely have to try it out. I can't pass on a sandbox game.

One does not simply telnet into Mordor.

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

It had a strong presence at PAX, I just think this particular site isn't giving it much coverage.

It's also (from what I saw and heard) still in early alpha. The game has great potential... but so did many MMOs that released in the past 5 years and completely flopped. I very much doubt it would do well if released at the end of the year in its current state, unless they can do some crazy things in 4 months.

Here's an article on the games coverage at Prime; http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/14/pax-prime-2012-hands-on-with-origins-of-malu/ .

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Bill said in the talkback for last week's MMOFTW that they were going to have a lot of info on Malu soon, so I'm guessing soon should be.. soon?  *shrug*

<span com_body"="">You guys should see what Origins of Malu are planning... we'll have the scoop on that probably next week.  :)  You'll love it, if you liked Galaxies.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/videos/play/2652/MMOFTW-Ep-17-The-Doctors-Leave-BioWare.html

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Look cool, if of course they can deliver. I just dont put my hope too high these days.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    I think people don't believe in indie low-budget sandbox mmorpg's anymore.    Since almost all of them did not deliver what was promised - I can't blame them.
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by fenistil
    I think people don't believe in indie low-budget sandbox mmorpg's anymore.    Since almost all of them did not deliver what was promised - I can't blame them.

/this

Having read about the game on their website it sounds good on paper, but when watching the videos... meh.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Yep, low budget indie games that are still in development, yet promise much, are 10 a penny.  The majority of them fall on their asses with nothing to show for it.
  • VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Been following the game for a while, but I'm not getting overly excited until I can get my hands on it.  Like others have said there has been a lot of small indie companies with grand plans that never pan out.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I wish them all the best. However, I don't follow indy games much, as the last one I followed ended up calling it quits before their "launch date". So if this game launches, I'll buy and play it. If not, I won't be too upset because I never followed it closely.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
        On paper it looks like a good game but they are going the p2p route and dont know if they are offering any free trials or not.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm glad when games don't get a lot of press.  If they turn out to be high quality fun, I didn't have to wait as long for them... waiting for GW2 was a headache.  If a sandbox just *poof* comes out at the end of the year, and I happen to enjoy it, wow... Merry Christmas to me.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Well, MMORPG.com just did a write up on it today, so I guess it is getting some attention at least.

Smile

• ParchmentParchment Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Well, MMORPG.com just did a write up on it today, so I guess it is getting some attention at least.

I just saw that, too. It is great.  I wonder if this thread had anything to do with it? Either way, it's now on my watch list, along with The Repopulation.

One does not simply telnet into Mordor.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Yep, low budget indie games that are still in development, yet promise much, are 10 a penny.  The majority of them fall on their asses with nothing to show for it.

Here's hopin' we don't fall too hard!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

This - "Origins Of Malu is not released yet."

Gimme a YouTube vid and I'll promote.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by worldalpha
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Here's hopin' we don't fall too hard!

I see what you did there :)

Good luck on your project, buddy. I am extremely interested in what you got going on.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    I'm actually wondering why it doesn't have a section, whereas many dead games (read: cancelled, erased from existence, and more) still do.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by XAleX360
    I'm actually wondering why it doesn't have a section, whereas many dead games (read: cancelled, erased from existence, and more) still do.

Hopefully it gets one soon, seeing as how it's now being looked at by MMORPG.com.

Smile

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    This - "Origins Of Malu is not released yet." Gimme a YouTube vid and I'll promote.

http://originsmmo.com/mmorpg_videos.php

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development