Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zynga stock pounded

KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

For those that follow the business side of social gaming, Zynga stock took a pounding in after hours trading between last night and this morning.  Down 40%.  Currently at $3.05.  Compare that to the 52 week high of $15.91 set in March.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

thanks for the tip..

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Was to be expected. It's much like

Most 'software houses' that are not selling actual physical products might boost their worth on paper when they need money, but in fact, they're not really worth a dime...

• DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Well considering Zynga paid FB huge sums of $$$ fro users private data and got caught, I'm not surprised.
  • thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Originally posted by Reizla

Most 'software houses' that are not selling actual physical products might boost their worth on paper when they need money, but in fact, they're not really worth a dime...

Considering that the most software business are moving to the service model, you could not be more wrong. 

With Zynga and Facebook, you have bloated evalutions. Just like with the Internet Bubble at the turn of the millenium. Their evalution is based on the estimated potential of that business rather than concerete earnings.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by thexrated
    Originally posted by Reizla

Considering that the most software business are moving to the service model, you could not be more wrong. 

With Zynga and Facebook, you have bloated evalutions. Just like with the Internet Bubble at the turn of the millenium. Their evalution is based on the estimated potential of that business rather than concerete earnings.

Exactly what I was going to say.   The same thing happened with Television industry back in the 50s/60s. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by XAPGames

For those that follow the business side of social gaming, Zynga stock took a pounding in after hours trading between last night and this morning.  Down 40%.  Currently at $3.05.  Compare that to the 52 week high of $15.91 set in March.

Great news as far as I'm concerned, sleezy company.

I feel for the little guys that got burned, but not for the ones that should have known better.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• chilipinchilipin Member Posts: 13
    Think this is caused by the cases againist them. For the copyright issue of sim, and other games.

Come to the World of Magic Earth. http://dragona.sc.gameclub.com

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Somebody's now bald with hair all over their palms.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Hope Nexon is next.
  • bigronbigron Member Posts: 42

I wrote a sell piece on them months ago, got called insane by hundreds of people. LOL

Horrible company. The scammy company acquisitions (inflates their sheets, like what Enron and crew did) and theft of IP was just the tip of the iceberg. Stock option clawback provision and generally bad management means when that company sinks it's the Hindenberg. They also have no profit, or as far as I could tell, even revenue from their core business.

Long overdue.