Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the torchlight 2 diablo 3 discussion (continued... so to say)

ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

or rather... ended:

d3: 60 euro per game. 7 million sales on d3. 

t2: 20 euro per game. sales, no idea atm. 

but there are 54k people online in steam for t2. just saying, if they wanna win this fight, they need like 21 million sales. gl on that. imo blizz allready won.

so, what we had during the last months was just plain and simple, a minority cheering for t2, and the mass of trolls crying over d3.

incase diablo 3 had as little fans as the t2 series, i bet we would have saved ourselves some serious trolling.

point being: don't buy games because your friends tell you it'S cool, buy them because you like em. or dont.

"Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Heisenberg noted that the act of observation will effect the observed; in other words, when you watch something, you change it"

so, the more people watch the more something is changed, eh? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Comments

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Thane

or rather... ended:

but there are 54k people online in steam for t2. just saying, if they wanna win this fight, they need like 21 million sales. gl on that. imo blizz allready won.

so, what we had during the last months was just plain and simple, a minority cheering for t2, and the mass of trolls crying over d3.

incase diablo 3 had as little fans as the t2 series, i bet we would have saved ourselves some serious trolling.

point being: don't buy games because your friends tell you it'S cool, buy them because you like em. or dont.

"Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Heisenberg noted that the act of observation will effect the observed; in other words, when you watch something, you change it"

you are pretty much wrong . steam is not the only place to buy the game . secondly diablo 3 is in deep water . i dont think they will even release an expansion for next three years . and even if they do, no one will buy it . thirdly torchlight 2 has positive reviews from the start .from the people playing it . 

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i ll buy D3 expansion if ever come out
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by JosephJR
    i ll buy D3 expansion if ever come out

^^ This

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Diablo was a decent game, torchlight 2 looks like a decent game too.

If they had both come out at the same time I would have bought TL2 since its $20, because they came out apart, I got Diablo 3 played it to death and now won't buy TL2 as I don't need another game of that type this year, maybe in a future steam sale when it's $10 or less.

If they had went head to head I think TL2 could have won.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Edit: Actually I had something witty here but who the heck cares about any of this anymore. Play the game you like and don't worry about the rest.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Since you can buy and play both, then I fail to see how they are in direct competition towards eachother. It's not a MMO that continuely costs you 15 a month

If T2 doesn't sell well, it's probably because the lack of a well established IP with some good books to support the background story, and a company history for making great games. T1 was an OK game and not really a gamechanger the way Diablo was, so obviously it would never even come close in sales. I somehow don't think that was the ambition either.

If the Torchlight series was more sandbox, It would impact sales more, as there seem to be a pretty big market for singleplayer/multiplayer games in that genre ( See the sims series, and Indie titles such as Terraria). It would be standing it's own

All this doesn't change the fact that Diablo 3 was destined to sell a lot of copies on the brand alone way before people even tried the demo. It doesn't speak towards the quality or if the game is awesome.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Thane

or rather... ended:

hahahahahahahahah.... hahahahahahaha you certainly win the most stupid post of all.

21 millions sale for D3??? hahahahaha you just made my day..

Ok ok not lets calm down a little, why do you think these game need to be rival? Cant they live in the same world?

The two of them has something we cant deny. There are both good games. I like both games, so there is no big winner cause there are no contest.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    D3 selling more just goes to show that the vast majority are dumb sheep, not that D3 is a better game. Games that are good by gamer standards rarely sell as well as big budget soul-less time wasters.