Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something wierd going on.

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Everytime I try to download the client my internet gets disconnected while the game is downloading. So basically I cannot do anything else while waiting for the 20 gbs to download. It is too much of an inconvenience. I do not know what the devil is going on. I saw this problem has been encountered by others too.  Don't know what to do.

Chamber of Chains

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Sounds like the firewall to me. Try disabling it.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I think I was not clear the client downloads fine but I cannot use the internet while it is downloading because the internet dies. As soon as I shut WoW off the internet comes back.

Disable my firewall I have allowed the battlenet stuff .I am not comfortable disabling my firewall.

Chamber of Chains
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Some downloaders do that as they are set to priority.   Lotro is one of those.  Best thing to do is wait till you go to bed and download then or find the option to run it in background.

I could reduce the priority. I have  bigfoot networks card and can adjust priority will that help ?

Yes putting it to lowest priority worked. But the download speed is gawdawful.

Chamber of Chains

Okay it is official I am an idiot.  I had some problems recently with my internet so I adjusted the network download and uploads speed according to the most recent speedtest which was quite poor because my provider was probably having a bad day and applied the values. Apparently that reduced the maximum download speed as I redid the test and now it is downlaoding at 1 over mb a sec.  No wonder it was so bad nothing to do with the priority just dumb old me.

I think the internet disconnecting was my fault too as I always adjust priority for every game I'm playing to highest so that if I am downloading anything it will not intefere with my game playing. However that kinda backfired here. Sorry for the alarm.

Chamber of Chains
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    try turning off P2P in the options, i find my download goes quicker with it off
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by expresso
    try turning off P2P in the options, i find my download goes quicker with it off

This, the P2P option slows the download down tremendously. I have that crap turned off and watch my download speeds fly for blizzard games.