Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Morrowind graphics extender is awesome!

7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member

I spent this afternoon downloading this mod and set it up  and got in game. It is so amazing to see Morrowind with these new graphic updates.  If you have played this game before and want to go to back, now is a good time. If you never got into Morrowind because of the dated graphics (2002, I believe) then this might work for you. You might find the animations a bit off compared to today's standards, but this game is so worth it, that hardly matters once you see the scope of it.

As much as I love Skyrim and enjoyed Oblivion, this is -- to me, obviously -- the BEST single player game ever. I'm not one for hyperbole, but I can't praise how great this game is and I'm so happy for this mod. I'm going to enjoy re-discovering Morrowind all over again.

Here's the all the info you need in this article: http://kotaku.com/5947989/morrowind-just-got-even-prettier-with-this-new-graphical-overhaul?tag=the-elder-scrolls

Has anyone else tried this mod? What do you think?

Comments

• Branko2307Branko2307 PancevoPosts: 254Member Uncommon
    Morrowind is 1 of the 2 of my favorite games of all time and i never played with the grafix upgrade just doesnt feel right to me...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 991Member Uncommon
    My jaw dropped the first time I used the overhaul! It's beyong awesome!  The only other mod I used was to reduce those damn flying bastards ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

• 7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member
    Originally posted by Branko2307
    Morrowind is 1 of the 2 of my favorite games of all time and i never played with the grafix upgrade just doesnt feel right to me...

What's the other one in your top  2? 

EDIT: I'm guessing it's Planescape, which I have the CDs for haven't played yet ;)

• 7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    My jaw dropped the first time I used the overhaul! It's beyong awesome!  The only other mod I used was to reduce those damn flying bastards ;)

Yeah, those cliffracers can be irritating. What's the name of the mod?

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,474Member Uncommon
    The games of Morrowind's calibre are rare these days. Oblivion was, well, Oblivion. Skyrim is OK I guess. Kotor series is VERY good. NWN series even better. And then there is infamous Geralt, the Witcher. Well, that's about it...

Concerning MGE, yes it is awesome. And MO3(no, not Master of Orion 3 you tawt!) makes it look even better. What I have problem with are the faces, they look Like they have been, I don't know, glued(?) onto the face. If someone could Resolve that, I wouldn't need any other TES...

A grand idea(you are free to use it Bethesda-don't even have to credit me!)!

How about Bethesda made an updated version of Morrowind? The same old story with the same old characters and the same old attributes(I don't want anything even closely resembling Skyrim's "attributes"), just with an updated engine. That means better effects, better Graphics and more stability...

What a lovely idea!