Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Message Suppression?

halflife25halflife25 Toronto, ONPosts: 737Member

I play on Far Shiverpeaks one of the busiest EU servers. Yesterday during one of the DE's i died, i wanted to thank few people who rezzed me. All i said was thank you two to three times and i got text message supression? i am not a gold seller spamming /map. All i wanted to say was thank you to those helped me. So i had to whipser them.

And since /map channel is hthe only way to look for dungeon groups, same thing happened when i tried to look group for CM. Others had similar probblems and were complaining about being hit by message supression just while trying to look for dungeon groups.

Is this the best way Anet can come up with to combat gold sellers? anyone else noticed this on their servers?

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,659Member Uncommon

Its a pretty common tool, GW2 is far from the 1st to use it. Quite simply, theres no need to be repeating the same message every few seconds anyway. If you say LFG for a dungeon, you dont need to repeat the same message to the same exact people 10 seconds later. Its still the same people that were there 10 seconds ago and they can still see your message. Its a way to not just cut down on goldsellers, but all forms of spam.

Though sometimes they can get overzealous with these tools and make it to the point where if you type faster than most people and are having an actual conversation you wind up squelching yourself because youre sending messages too quickly.

The timing on it might need to be adjusted a bit, but personally Im glad they added it. People spamming LFG/LFM messages over and over in map chat are just as annoying as the goldsellers spamming.

• Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,984Member Uncommon

If you want to say thankyou many times, just say it in the same sentence instead of spamming the chat. It is annoying because I might miss something important due to it.

I like this feature and many games is using it, the chatbox is small and imagine if 20 players did what you did at the same time.

• halflife25halflife25 Toronto, ONPosts: 737Member
    Originally posted by Loke666

If you want to say thankyou many times, just say it in the same sentence instead of spamming the chat. It is annoying because I might miss something important due to it.

I like this feature and many games is using it, the chatbox is small and imagine if 20 players did what you did at the same time.

So you are telling me that saying thank you twice is spamming now? since i got hit by supression on third time.